photos still processing in QC

Hello all,

I uploaded three photos for my first submission over 5 days ago and they are still being processed or whatever although they uploaded fine.I do not see a pass or fail,Also i am not able to add any captions to the right of my page where it's titled mandatory etc ...Any reason for the long delay in process or not being able to add caption?

Edited by brickwindow

I uploaded some images on 2nd April. STILL waiting for QC to pass or fail them.

Allan

I am not in any kind of rush Alamy.

ITMA

3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I uploaded some images on 2nd April. STILL waiting for QC to pass or fail them.

Allan

I am not in any kind of rush Alamy.

ITMA

😮 Pleased to be at 5* then. It'd be a shame not to get something topical through. Still maintaining strict personal QC of course!

I assume that they're not hauling any 5-starrers in for random QC. Or at least I have my fingers crossed for that. Of course that means you'll get passed a bit faster Deo gratias!

Edited by spacecadet

On 12/04/2020 at 12:26, brickwindow said:

Hello all,

I uploaded three photos for my first submission over 5 days ago and they are still being processed or whatever although they uploaded fine.I do not see a pass or fail,Also i am not able to add any captions to the right of my page where it's titled mandatory etc ...Any reason for the long delay in process or not being able to add caption?

there's a Pandemic running through the world?

19 hours ago, spacecadet said:

😮 Pleased to be at 5* then. It'd be a shame not to get something topical through. Still maintaining strict personal QC of course!

I assume that they're not hauling any 5-starrers in for random QC. Or at least I have my fingers crossed for that. Of course that means you'll get passed a bit faster Deo gratias!

As a 5* i went through QC last Tuesday with 3 images, was cleared on Thursday AM. so a bit longer, but still reasonable based on conditions.   

3 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Maybe you have your own, special queue!? 🙂

Yes just like the one to get into Tescos.😷

Allan

I assume that they're not hauling any 5-starrers in for random QC. Or at least I have my fingers crossed for that. Of course that means you'll get passed a bit faster Deo gratias!

You did not cross your fingers hard enough.  I have been 5* ever since the system was introduced and have become used to most of my submissions immediately passing QC, with only the odd one called in for a random check. I submitted a batch on Thursday which was taken into QC, along with another batch submitted on Friday while the first was still in QC.  This followed three or four automatic passes, and I was not unduly surprised about this, although this seemed to me a little quicker than usual between checks.  Both submissions passed QC on Friday.  I was surprised, therefore, to find that my next batch, submitted last night, has also gone into the QC queue. 

I don’t know how they decide when to put 5* submissions through the full QC, procedure, but despite always having been 5* that now means two successive QC processes, or three if you count the one on Friday submitted while Thursday’s was still in QC. Hopefully this latest one will go through quickly, and I have not through some glitch in the system somehow lost my 5* privileges (my dashboard still says 5*).  

Graham

• Love 1

48 minutes ago, Graham said:

You did not cross your fingers hard enough.  I have been 5* ever since the system was introduced and have become used to most of my submissions immediately passing QC, with only the odd one called in for a random check. I submitted a batch on Thursday which was taken into QC, along with another batch submitted on Friday while the first was still in QC.  This followed three or four automatic passes, and I was not unduly surprised about this, although this seemed to me a little quicker than usual between checks.  Both submissions passed QC on Friday.  I was surprised, therefore, to find that my next batch, submitted last night, has also gone into the QC queue. 

I don’t know how they decide when to put 5* submissions through the full QC, procedure, but despite always having been 5* that now means two successive QC processes, or three if you count the one on Friday submitted while Thursday’s was still in QC. Hopefully this latest one will go through quickly, and I have not through some glitch in the system somehow lost my 5* privileges (my dashboard still says 5*).  

Graham

Exactly the same happened to me.. 2 on Thursday, cleared Friday, 1 Submitted on Saturday in QC...

Phil

1 hour ago, Phil Crean said:

Exactly the same happened to me.. 2 on Thursday, cleared Friday, 1 Submitted on Saturday in QC...

Phil

I had one in QC on Tuesday but Thursday's went through straight away as did one on Saturday.

I find, for me, every 5th or 6th submission gets QCed.

John.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Stokie said:

I had one in QC on Tuesday but Thursday's went through straight away as did one on Saturday.

I find, for me, every 5th or 6th submission gets QCed.

John.

Saturdays cleared mid morning, and one uploaded this afternoon went straight through...

Maybe it's just a random thing as to when QC kicks in...

Phil

16 hours ago, Phil Crean said:

Saturdays cleared mid morning, and one uploaded this afternoon went straight through...

Maybe it's just a random thing as to when QC kicks in...

Phil

Yes, I think it's random, yesterdays submission is in QC.

John.

Yes, I think it's random, yesterdays submission is in QC.

Beginning to wonder whether they are abandoning the 5* immediate pass regime.  My last three submissions which had gone into QC passed yesterday afternoon.  My next submission this morning has also gone into the QC queue.

Graham

Still waiting on 20th April for QC result from 2nd April upload.

Sent email to CR giving details of holdup on 20th April.

Received standard reply email as usual by return. There is a new bit at the top of the standard email reply as follows:-

For an extended period of time due to the current world situation dealing with the covid-19 virus, we may not be able to respond to your email.

Still Waiting.

Allan

ARRRRRRRRRRRGH!

Is there no way out?

ITMA

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Still waiting on 20th April for QC result from 2nd April upload.

Sent email to CR giving details of holdup on 20th April.

Received standard reply email as usual by return. There is a new bit at the top of the standard email reply as follows:-

For an extended period of time due to the current world situation dealing with the covid-19 virus, we may not be able to respond to your email.

Still Waiting.

Allan

ARRRRRRRRRRRGH!

Is there no way out?

ITMA

Oh deah, that is a long time and no way of getting through 😐 I decided to check the forum now because I sent in my first submission on April 14th and the images are still in QC. After reading this, I regret not sending my best 3! I was somewhat testing the waters with my images. 😇I guess I'll have to wait at least as long as you.

3 hours ago, Ball Head said:

Oh deah, that is a long time and no way of getting through 😐 I decided to check the forum now because I sent in my first submission on April 14th and the images are still in QC. After reading this, I regret not sending my best 3! I was somewhat testing the waters with my images. 😇I guess I'll have to wait at least as long as you.

You don’t need to send your best 3 images however you would judge that anyway. All you need to get going on Alamy is 3 images that demonstrate that you can take a reasonably sharp, reasonably well-exposed picture. The content is irrelevant for this purpose and is irrelevant to QC in general. QC don’t care if you are the next David Bailey or the next A.N. Other. So keep it simple and unless you are a complete novice you will soon be up and running. 

Edited by MDM
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Graham said:

Beginning to wonder whether they are abandoning the 5* immediate pass regime.  My last three submissions which had gone into QC passed yesterday afternoon.  My next submission this morning has also gone into the QC queue.

Graham

Also 5* for me.  I uploaded five images yesterday - went straight to QC after 5 successive QC by passes.  They passed early evening today.  I had another eight queued up so sent them through.  Straight to QC again.

Keeping us honest, perhaps 😅