photos still processing in QC

I'm 5* and my last 2 submissions have gone to QC, that's the first time since I became 5*. like I said before, I usually get checked every 5 or 6 submissions.

I suppose it keeps us on our toes!

John.

After waiting 20 days and writing to CS I have decided to go with spacecadet's suggestion and have sent another batch to QC to see what happens.

Allan

33 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

I uploaded a few on Friday and received received my submission passed email on Monday, wasn't expecting it to be so quick but maybe just a glitch with yours Allan....

Carol

Yes but not one that Alamy is going to resolve as they are not replying to emails as in my previous post.

Allan

1 hour ago, Stokie said:

I'm 5* and my last 2 submissions have gone to QC, that's the first time since I became 5*. like I said before, I usually get checked every 5 or 6 submissions.

John.

Same here

Alex

2 hours ago, Stokie said:

John.

36 minutes ago, Alex Ramsay said:

Same here

Alex

and here!

5 hours ago, AlanW said:

and here!

Now up to 3 submissions in a row going into QC.  Still 5^ ranking and the two previous submissions passed on a 24hr turnround.  Alamy may have suspended QC bypass or their RANDBETWEEN() [or similar function] is throwing a series of auto QC checks.

On 23/04/2020 at 18:50, John Richmond said:

Now up to 3 submissions in a row going into QC.  Still 5^ ranking and the two previous submissions passed on a 24hr turnround.  Alamy may have suspended QC bypass or their RANDBETWEEN() [or similar function] is throwing a series of auto QC checks.

5 star . . . . . and now my 3rd batch in a row has gone straight into QC  🙁

Hi,

I uploaded my first three images April 17th. Why does it take so much longer time than the 48 hours?
Know everything about the corona problem but why not update information on how long the QC will take instead of posting 48 hours?

Hi, I am new to this site but submitted my first 3 images to QC 16 days ago and I've still not heard a thing. I appreciate things are probably not as normal due to current circumstances but does anybody have a rough idea how long things are taking to get passed at the moment as 16 days does seem bit excessive when it's supposed to be 24 - 48 hours and I'd really like to get started while I have plenty of time to do things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/04/2020 at 00:33, Finlay Buchanan said:

Hi, I am new to this site but submitted my first 3 images to QC 16 days ago and I've still not heard a thing. I appreciate things are probably not as normal due to current circumstances but does anybody have a rough idea how long things are taking to get passed at the moment as 16 days does seem bit excessive when it's supposed to be 24 - 48 hours and I'd really like to get started while I have plenty of time to do things.

Did you get your first submission reviewed? I uploaded my first on April 21 and nothing has happened yet. If yours is reviewed, how long did it take? It is difficult times but it is taking a lot of time.

Hi, yes was reviewed a couple of days later but it did take nearly 3 weeks. The next submissions I made after passing the initial submissions were reviewed within a day or two so I get the impression new joiners are being put on the back burner while they concentrate their efforts on reviewing existing members content. I think it's just a case of waiting and they'll get to it eventually. Good luck.

23 hours ago, aryalg said:

Did you get your first submission reviewed? I uploaded my first on April 21 and nothing has happened yet. If yours is reviewed, how long did it take? It is difficult times but it is taking a lot of time.

Hi, yes was reviewed a couple of days later but it did take nearly 3 weeks. The next submissions I made after passing the initial submissions were reviewed within a day or two so I get the impression new joiners are being put on the back burner while they concentrate their efforts on reviewing existing members content. I think it's just a case of waiting and they'll get to it eventually. Good luck.

16 minutes ago, Finlay Buchanan said:

Not sure it's fair in these times to say New joiners are being put on the back burner.  The initial review process always was longer, as it demands an in depth review of the submission to ensure the contributor can create acceptable work, and ensures that future upload is safe for Alamy's QC process of only checking samples.  

I am the one on the back burner.

Images submitted 2nd April.

Email to CS 20th April asking if images stuck in QC.

More images submitted 22nd April to try to jog backlog.

Still nothing 8th May.

Email to James 8th May requesting he look into the suspected log jam.

Today 11th May NOTHING.

Allan

Hi Allan, by the sounds of it there is definitely some kind of hold up as you've obviously been submitting images for quite some time. Even though my images got passed eventually, there has still been no response to any emails I sent to their support. Also strange the way my next submissions were reviewed very quickly yet you've still not had yours reviewed after all this time. Hope it gets sorted for you soon.

Finlay

12 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Still nothing 8th May.

Today 11th May NOTHING.

Allan

Hi Allan, by the sounds of it there is definitely some kind of hold up as you've obviously been submitting images for quite some time. Even though my images got passed eventually, there has still been no response to any emails I sent to their support. Also strange the way my next submissions were reviewed very quickly yet you've still not had yours reviewed after all this time. Hope it gets sorted for you soon.

13 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Still nothing 8th May.

Today 11th May NOTHING.

Allan

Hey Allan, that is a long time! What's your QC rank? Maybe the submission failed, but I would imagine it somehow fell through the cracks after all this time has passed since first submitted. I still seem to be 24 hour turn around on submissions....

Steve

27 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

Not sure it's fair in these times to say New joiners are being put on the back burner.  The initial review process always was longer, as it demands an in depth review of the submission to ensure the contributor can create acceptable work, and ensures that future upload is safe for Alamy's QC process of only checking samples.  

To be honest, as a new joiner I think it would be fair if we are put on the back burner if they are short of staff. I think it would be appropriate to focus their attention of reviewing the long standing customers submissions first the way things currently are as they are probably getting swamped with new joiners like myself and I think neglecting their long standing members would cause a lot of frustration for them. For us new joiners, I think we just have to be patient as frustrating as it is. I am sure they're doing their absolute best to get through things.

26 minutes ago, Finlay Buchanan said:

To be honest, as a new joiner I think it would be fair if we are put on the back burner if they are short of staff. I think it would be appropriate to focus their attention of reviewing the long standing customers submissions first the way things currently are as they are probably getting swamped with new joiners like myself and I think neglecting their long standing members would cause a lot of frustration for them. For us new joiners, I think we just have to be patient as frustrating as it is. I am sure they're doing their absolute best to get through things.

but they actually don't.  it's just part of the Alamy process, longer time up front, or if you have dropped down in ratings.  Same way i now use my usual camera store without spending any time researching their customer service reviews, return policy, because of the established trust.

yes the time lines are now longer, due to Covid.

22 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Still nothing 8th May.

Today 11th May NOTHING.

Allan

Further to my post above I have heard back from James with reference to my problem and he was going to get someone to look at it. That was 12.05pm.

Seven minutes later I had the standard email saying "Good news your submission has passed QC"

Thank you very much James for your time in this matter.

Allan

• Love 1

3 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Glad you got it sorted Allan, sounds like a glitch somewhere.  At least you can do your keywording now😀

Carol

Thanks Carol but I do most of my keywording (tagging) in LR. Just a quick check now to see if anything obvious comes up.

Allan