Your COVID-19 Images

6 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Fortunately, protests like this are not common in Canada. This group is probably upset about mandatory mask-wearing (for people who don't have breathing problems) in public spaces that is being instituted in Ontario and Quebec, the two provinces hit hardest by the virus. They should have done this sooner IMO. It probably would have saved a lot of lives.

this was actually part of the 'great' right-wing anti-Trudeau rally in Ottawa on Canada day, which ended up being so funny, as people all seem to be protesting about totally random stuff, from gun laws, to corruption, to masks, to vaccines.... some guy was even protesting the British army with his Patriotes (QC) flag.  I wish i had more picture, but i was really out of my comfort zone with now of these taking the pandemic seriously....

as for the other comment, yes they should have intervened earlier, it still not done.  They totally messed up by going with the LTC home angle the whole way, so not an issue in the community is what people decided to hear.   we will get hit by the second wave soon.....  

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

15 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

this was actually part of the 'great' right-wing anti-Trudeau rally in Ottawa on Canada day, which ended up being so funny, as people all seem to be protesting about totally random stuff, from gun laws, to corruption, to masks, to vaccines.... some guy was even protesting the British army with his Patriotes (QC) flag.  I wish i had more picture, but i was really out of my comfort zone with now of these taking the pandemic seriously....

as for the other comment, yes they should have intervened earlier, it still not done.  They totally messed up by going with the LTC home angle the whole way, so not an issue in the community is what people decided to hear.   we will get hit by the second wave soon.....  

Not sure what the red arrow is all about. I guess that's what happens when there's a heatwave in Ottawa. 😎

We're actually lucky to be able to think in terms of a "second wave". Sadly, in many places, the pandemic is now more like a tsunami that will just keep on coming...

• Love 1

43 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Not sure what the red arrow is all about. I guess that's what happens when there's a heatwave in Ottawa. 😎

We're actually lucky to be able to think in terms of a "second wave". Sadly, in many places, the pandemic is now more like a tsunami that will just keep on coming...

red arrow likely not about that image, got arrowed down all over, but it seems par for the course here.  I'm likely out for a little while...  stay safe 

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

red arrow likely not about that image, got arrowed down all over, but it seems par for the course here.  I'm likely out for a little while...  stay safe 

Don't be silenced. We need to know what's going on under the radar.

On 06/07/2020 at 09:43, LSP said:

Sign cautioning about social distancing on tourist ferry going out to Great Barrier Reef from Cairns, Queensland, Australia. No PR Stock Photo

"Stay one shark's length apart" - social distancing on the Great Barrier Reef where the tourism industry is about to start up again, as coronavirus appears to be under control across nearly all of Australia.

As for everything, it is often just a question of local culture and local references.

Up in the north, we are told to stay at least one small crocodile apart:

a-covid-19-sign-at-the-entrance-of-litch

Maybe @Alamy should do a gallery with all the very "local" pandemic signs.

• Love 1

20 hours ago, Regis said:

As for everything, it is often just a question of local culture and local references.

Up in the north, we are told to stay at least one small crocodile apart:

a-covid-19-sign-at-the-entrance-of-litch

Maybe @Alamy should do a gallery with all the very "local" pandemic signs.

I don't need to be told to keep my distance from crocodiles.🤣

Allan

Covid 19 in Jinotega, Nicaragua.  A British expat had a death next door to her, complete with people in hazmat suits coming to take the body out, a crew coming in to disinfect the place, and the other house mates now wearing masks.  Health teams, also in masks, checked up on her twice.    The photo below  is of a pulperia (small convenience store) across the street from me where the owner has set up social distancing tape, and where her daughter, the woman in this photograph now also wears a mask and uses hand sanitizer between customers.

precautions-against-covid-19-in-jinotega

And this is my mask soaking after wearing and my interchangeable lenses sunglasses with the clear lenses fitted.  I also have a face shield.

a-mask-soaks-in-soapy-water-while-protec

5 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I don't need to be told to keep my distance from crocodiles.🤣

Allan

😂

When it comes to crocodile, I prefer to try to stay way over 1.5 meters away!

Temporary "pop-up plazas" are ...well... popping up in Vancouver, giving people outdoor places in which to relax and socialize.

vancouver-canada-july10-2020-people-rela

One of the more unusual pandemic-related signs that I've come across. It struck me as a rather odd comparison...

vancouver-canada-july10-2020-a-sign-outs

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 2

A lady reading the notice in view of the COVID-10 situation by Ministry of Health at the public space, Singapore, Southeast Asia 

- Image ID: 2B9TDJ0

Capturing scenes at my neighbourhood area. 

a-lady-reading-the-notice-in-view-of-the

All restaurants at Clarke Quay are closed during the covid-19 pandemic period, Singapore. 

- Image ID: 2BT93DC

A popular tourist destination became a venue for people to exercise safely.  :x

all-restaurants-at-clarke-quay-are-close

Minimum vehicles on the road since the outbreak of Covid-19 in Singapore. A huge economy damage to the country GDP. 

- Image ID: 2BT92PE

My country Singapore is entering into technical recession. *sobs*

minimum-vehicles-on-the-road-since-the-o

The boat is named Hope and there is a NHS reference. I Think that these beach sculptures were a memorial to someone who succumbed to the virus, but I have no definitive proof. Not relevant to this topic but the two tone beach is due to the practice of dumping mining waste there, thankfully long stopped. The sea is gradually cleaning it all away.

coronavirus-related-stone-and-driftwood-sculptures-on-hawthorn-hive-beach-near-seaham-co-durham-england-uk-2C3XKRD.jpg

My wife was asked to take part in a home testing research study, and, as usual, I was slow off the mark and the swabs had been taken and packed away before I had a chance to warp out the camera. The good news, no sign of the lurgy.

covid-19-test-sample-to-be-returned-to-laboratory-by-courier-for-analysis-england-uk-2C7FGG1.jpg
Edited by Bryan
  • Like 1

Here in Vancouver, restaurants are being allowed to expand outdoor seating, which is supposedly "safer" than being indoors, onto busy streets. This seems a bit dangerous to me with all the cars whizzing by. But so far so good...

vancouver-canada-july13-2020-restaurants

On 21/07/2020 at 20:57, John Mitchell said:

Here in Vancouver, restaurants are being allowed to expand outdoor seating, which is supposedly "safer" than being indoors, onto busy streets. This seems a bit dangerous to me with all the cars whizzing by. But so far so good..

We had our first pub restaurant meal since lockdown on Tuesday. It was indoors. The tables were well spaced apart, the staff wore masks, and payment was by card. There are very few cases in these parts so low risk. Possibly the best part was the pint of real ale, fish and chips always smell nicer than they taste.

Took this photo of a family out shopping in Old Amersham town centre a couple of days ago, all wearing face masks. Face coverings will be compulsory in shops in England from tomorrow.

old-amersham-in-buckinghamshire-england-uk-20th-july-2020-town-centre-shops-and-businesses-in-england-have-reopened-following-easing-of-the-coronavirus-pandemic-lockdown-restrictions-a-family-walks-down-the-high-street-wearing-facemasks-while-out-shopping-face-coverings-will-be-a-legal-requirement-when-visiting-shops-from-friday-24th-july-2020-2C81NHN.jpg

On 21/07/2020 at 20:57, John Mitchell said:

Here in Vancouver, restaurants are being allowed to expand outdoor seating, which is supposedly "safer" than being indoors, onto busy streets. This seems a bit dangerous to me with all the cars whizzing by. But so far so good...

vancouver-canada-july13-2020-restaurants

I hate to eat while having to breath in vehicle exhaust fumes.

Indoors for me. Unless it is well away from traffic.

Allan