QC queue turned on again?

geogphotos

My images uploaded today are queueing for QC for the first time in ages.

No big deal but isothere a reason that most days images just sail through and today there is a hold-up?

It makes me think that there may be a problem with one of my images and a bit reluctant to upload more.

I had one caught the other Friday till Monday morning. However, it passed at 0833, which is an odd time for a pass. I'd give it a few hours- I've had 5 -star subs stick for an hour or two.

Good job we haven't dropped our standards, eh?😉

My submissions have passed QC, without a minute's delay, for a couple of months. Apart from one submission, last week, which took 24 hours. Maybe this is the pattern: to check a submission every few weeks, to keep us 'honest'...

Most of mine go right through. However, there is the occasional random (?) check, which is a good thing.

P.S. A few weeks ago, I mistakenly uploaded an image with very obvious noise, and the submission was flagged right away, making me think that there might be some vetting technology working behind the scenes. But who knows...

• Like 2

On 10/03/2020 at 12:47, gvallee said:

I get stopped in QC about every 5 uploads with 5 stars. It doesn't mean a thing.

Yes, about every fifth upload of mine seems to be checked. But with a fast QC.

Edited by Niels Quist

similar, but it seems that the systems still considers Uploads in batches with the straight through QC.   What i mean that i can do 10 uploads the same day and they will get through QC straight through, and be considered as one Alamy Upload, (i like to keep my subjects in different sets in AIM)

In fact because i was in N.A. time zone I was able to experienced that I got flagged for QC just after midnight UK time, and any subsequent upload until got the All clear.  One evening i had 4 4 or 5 sets uploaded cleared straight through, and then one got in QC line.  When i looked at clock we had changed date UK time ( 6pm in Mexico)

I had one a couple of days ago. It happens to me about one in every 20 subs - usually cleared within a couple of hours.

I think it's a very good thing to still be subject to random checks. I know for a fact that my standards would start to drop if I knew everything was going to go straight through.

Edited by Phil Robinson