November 2019 Favourite uploads

gvallee

Couple of images taken wondering cobbled streets of Suchitoto, El Salvador last January.   Not sure about the significance (if any) of the umbrellas, but to the left is entrance to fairly nice restaurant

colorful-detail-with-multi-colored-umbre

This pic I personally like;   it does not signify anything, just old wooden cart sort of decorated with flowers and gives quite a nice feeling.   Large amount of copy space upper left & probably good photo for micros, not sure about Alamy:

old-wooden-cart-with-wild-roses-flower-b

Iglesia Santa Lucia at main town square & where all the "action" happens.  Had very nice hotel just around the corner:

front-view-of-iglesia-santa-lucia-a-colo

Large cross & vine branch against the wall at one of residential streets, again with loads of copy space although I am not sure where something like this would be used:

religious-cross-against-the-white-backgr

Below town is famous Lago Suchitlan & did go on a boat tour to see all kinds of birds and quite lovely sunset, but have not uploaded any pics as none really turned out the way I'd like.  It is a lovely place to visit though.

Edited by Autumn Sky
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Couple of images taken wondering cobbled streets of Suchitoto, El Salvador last January.   Not sure about the significance (if any) of the umbrellas, but to the left is entrance to fairly nice restaurant

colorful-detail-with-multi-colored-umbre

This pic I personally like;   it does not signify anything, just old wooden cart sort of decorated with flowers and gives quite a nice feeling.   Large amount of copy space upper left & probably good photo for micros, not sure about Alamy:

old-wooden-cart-with-wild-roses-flower-b

Iglesia Santa Lucia at main town square & where all the "action" happens.  Had very nice hotel just around the corner:

front-view-of-iglesia-santa-lucia-a-colo

Large cross & vine branch against the wall at one of residential streets, again with loads of copy space although I am not sure where something like this would be used:

religious-cross-against-the-white-backgr

Below town is famous Lago Suchitlan & did go on a boat tour to see all kinds of birds and quite lovely sunset, but have not uploaded any pics as none really turned out the way I'd like.  It is a lovely place to visit though.

suchitoto has to be one of my favourite place in central america.  great shots

• Like 1

My youngest son had some school homework whereby we had to take him to the supermarket and he had to write about it afterwards and illustrate with some drawings or photos... so photos it was! And as I was taking the photos anyway, why not upload them to Alamy I thought! 🙂

a-young-boy-pushes-a-trolley-around-a-supermarket-2AA10YN.jpg

a-boy-holding-a-tub-of-butter-spread-in-a-uk-supermarketyoung-2AA10X0.jpg

Edited by Matt Ashmore
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

I really like this one. It's very soft - shot through dirty aeroplane window - and it looks like a miniature model of an airport. And naturally all pure luck as plane was taxiing and I was focusing on the engine exhaust which looked burned and did not make me feel very safe. Wing sort of framed the control tower beautifully which I didn't even realize until at home. 

And yes, it would have been better had I focused on the airport, but happy to have even this.

2ABB5KT.jpg

Edited by JaniMarkus Hasa
adding random articles before nouns
  • Love 1

I accompanied my daughter to a half marathon run that she competed in early this month. This is one of the pro photographers covering the event. Early morning prior to start of race.

female-photographer-focuses-her-camera-on-the-crowd-of-competitors-awaiting-the-start-of-the-corpus-christi-15th-annual-harbor-half-marathon-2AB4T15.jpg

• Love 1

Uploaded earlier but only keyworded this month, hope this counts. 

Just a purple bush on a clearing, not sure what it  is

purple-blooming-bush-in-a-clearing-2A6X744.jpg

Statue of Adolf Erik Nordenskiöld

adolf-erik-nordenskild-statue-helsinki-finland-K225RP.jpg

small window with cross bars

window-with-cross-bars-2A66BPY.jpg

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

B50 High Mosel Bridge, near Ürzig, Rheinland-Pfalz

2ABF4YM.jpg

Oh you must have been in late summer - nice weather & light!

I was two weeks ago and the weather was s.ite, see below. 

The bridge is now open, since last week thursday I think.  

New Hochmoselübergang,  Rachtig Stock Photo

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, hdh said:

Oh you must have been in late summer - nice weather & light!

I was two weeks ago and the weather was s.ite, see below. 

The bridge is now open, since last week thursday I think.  

New Hochmoselübergang,  Rachtig Stock Photo

We always go for the third weekend in September for the weinfests in Wolf, Ürzig, Graach and Enkirch. The first three all on the Saturday, and Ürzig twice because our favourite winemaker, Markus Berres, has his winery there. That's quite a day. We never get your golden leaves, though.

Yes, it's showing on Google Maps now. No reason to use the bridge, it connects nothing to nothing.

Markus Berres

EMNF2C.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

We always go for the third weekend in September for the weinfests in Wolf, Ürzig, Graach and Enkirch. The first three all on the Saturday, and Ürzig twice because our favourite winemaker, Markus Berres, has his winery there. That's quite a day. We never get your golden leaves, though.

Yes, it's showing on Google Maps now. No reason to use the bridge, it connects nothing to nothing.

Yep, the bridge is quite controversial and not really liked,  me thinks.  

For me it was worth to take a deviation to shoot some pictures. 

I also liked the cloister very much and the museum with all the toys and Russian icons, definitely worth a visit. 

Unfortunately my camera is not that good at low light, so the pictures I have from the museum are not really Alamy standard, maybe a handful of icons, but they need some serious raw conversions. 

23 hours ago, hdh said:

purple-blooming-bush-in-a-clearing-2A6X744.jpg

Could be a Hydrangea. They grow wild in woods.

Allan

On 08/11/2019 at 09:16, jodyko said:

The Port Of Corpus Christi, Texas. Have been wanting to walk the Harbor Bridge here for a long time and finally had an opportunity that resulted in this shot and others not yet processed.

elevated-view-of-the-port-of-corpus-christi-texas-usa-from-the-old-harbor-bridge-2A80NM4.jpg

This is a really nice shot of the port. I bet it becomes a good seller for you. Very nice. 

• Like 1

Favorite images I uploaded this month:

a-scale-model-fresnel-lens-is-displayed-at-the-pensacola-lighthouse-and-museum-oct-27-2019-in-pensacola-florida-2A8ABNR.jpg

A scale model Fresnel lens is displayed at the Pensacola Lighthouse and museum, Oct. 27, 2019, in Pensacola, Florida. The lighthouse, which was built in 1858, is 150 feet tall and features 177 steps. It features a first-order Fresnel lens which can be seen from a distance of 27 nautical miles. It is still in operation, with more than 130,000 people per year touring the lighthouse and museum. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. (Photo by Carmen K. Sisson/Cloudybright)

the-glass-topped-keys-of-a-vintage-1940s-royal-kmm-typewriter-are-pictured-at-the-pensacola-lighthouse-and-museum-in-pensacola-florida-2A8ABDR.jpg

The glass-topped keys of a vintage 1940s Royal KMM typewriter are pictured at the Pensacola Lighthouse and Museum, Oct. 27, 2019, in Pensacola, Florida. (Photo by Carmen K. Sisson/Cloudybright)

an-angel-stands-with-her-face-covered-in-the-french-colonial-memorial-garden-beside-the-biloxi-welcome-center-oct-22-2019-in-biloxi-mississippi-2A75JPH.jpg

An angel stands with her face covered in the French Colonial Memorial Garden beside the Biloxi Welcome Center, Oct. 22, 2019, in Biloxi, Mississippi. The garden, which contains the remains of European immigrants who helped found Biloxi, is the oldest known French Colonial Cemetery in the South, and the second oldest in the United States. (Photo by Carmen K. Sisson/Cloudybright)

Edited by cksisson
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

On 28/11/2019 at 17:06, hdh said:

Uploaded earlier but only keyworded this month, hope this counts. 

IMO rhododendron.

Renault Estafette

2ABT79B.jpg

Bronisław Geremek Agora, Louise Weiss Building, seat of the European Parliament, by Architecture-Studio, 1999

2ABT76E.jpg2ABT74D.jpg

We'll miss you.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, cksisson said:

Really love the colors on this as well as the sweat sheen. Very nice. 

Thanks, that's very kind of you to say that. 🙂

Besides the strong colors in the photo, I was always intrigued by the expression on her face

4 hours ago, spacecadet said:

International tram- from Strasbourg to Kehl. Where the beer is half the price. Are there any other trams crossing borders, I wonder?

2ABRY17.jpg

I took that tram from the center of Strasbourg last year just so I could say I’d been to Germany. I guess I should have had a beer before heading back across the border. 😉

• Love 2

13 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I'm not aware of one, where is that?

its opposite of Zeltingen, right across the bridge (the old B53 bridge)  from there on the right hand side. 

It is called Kloster Machern and they have a brewery, weinstube and sell some distilled stuff (the latter I believe to remember). 

https://www.klostermachern.de/bernkastel-kues/cms/front_content.php

brewery

Cloister Machern, Germany, Rhineland Palatinate Stock Photo

Weinstube

Cloister Machern, Germany, Rhineland Palatinate Stock Photo

and garden (with the new B50 bridge in background) 

Garden of Cloister Machern with New Hochmoselübergang in background Stock Photo

Edited by hdh
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, spacecadet said:

IMO rhododendron.

6 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Could be a Hydrangea. They grow wild in woods.

Allan

Place is in Germany, I googled Hydrangea and this may be more likely in asia.

Rhododendron sounds good to me, I have it in the garden as well, but its much bigger (too big and now I reminded myself to cut it down before spring :( )