November 2019 Favourite uploads

gvallee

11 hours ago, hdh said:

its opposite of Zeltingen, right across the bridge (the old B53 bridge)  from there on the right hand side. 

It is called Kloster Machern and they have a brewery, weinstube and sell some distilled stuff (the latter I believe to remember). 

https://www.klostermachern.de/bernkastel-kues/cms/front_content.php

brewery

Weinstube

and garden (with the new B50 bridge in background) 

Oh yes, we cycle past it every year on the way to the zeltfest in Graach. Being very single-minded in pursuit of Riesling we've never called in.

I reckon Rieslingbrände is the only distilled spirit that still tastes of grapes.

Edited by spacecadet

On 16/11/2019 at 21:02, wiskerke said:

It depends on what page you're dragging from. There's an easy test: in the Reply box, there's a weird little icon on the right of the row of buttons. It looks like a search button, but it's the preview button.

If you cycle through the 3 formats and your image doesn't stretch, you've picked the right one.

If it does stretch/shrink/deforms, try view image and drag from there.

This one is from the view image page:

(hold the shift key while right clicking)

And this is from the zoom page:

Now if you make your window smaller or just narrower, the second  image will distort. The first one will just become smaller. 

wim

Right click on my Mac with Shift key down calls up a menu and doesn't allow dropping and dragging.   Safari won't allow dragging at all.  Firefox won't do anything if the right click context menu is open, but doesn't allow the image to readjust in size unless I drag in the preview image rather than anything else.  Will try to see what happens with my Windows laptop some other evening.    Shift/left click is possible, but doesn't drag in an image that resizes properly.

I use Safari and go to the Image Manager, enlarge the image and right click to copy the image address. Then I insert image from URL. The image is smaller than other methods but the proportions are correct and I am willing to give up size to have the image show properly.

Paulette

7 hours ago, NYCat said:

I use Safari and go to the Image Manager, enlarge the image and right click to copy the image address. Then I insert image from URL. The image is smaller than other methods but the proportions are correct and I am willing to give up size to have the image show properly.

Paulette

You can still get bigger images from this method Paulette. When you insert the URL that you have copied,  just go and take out the portion of the URL that says zooms and replace it with comp

Maria

41 minutes ago, MariaJ said:

You can still get bigger images from this method Paulette. When you insert the URL that you have copied,  just go and take out the portion of the URL that says zooms and replace it with comp

Maria

Thank you. I forgot about that method.

Paulette