September 2019 Favourite Uploads

Bryan

Billy, right. I'm from the Sinatra-Miles Davis era myself. These are pretty nice bronze statutes they have here. The ones of the Fab 4 walking are really good. 

That image is still in QC, Paulette. Sorry.

(I just lightened the sky a little behind the figure and resubmitted so that Mr. Fury would stand out more.)

I still think of that as a lucky shot but to get lucky we have to show up. 

Edited by Ed Rooney

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

Can't see this in the USA from search page. I'm getting this as possible  reason...... " it might be that the image is not available for sale in your country " .......Maybe worries here about copyright of Elvis images.

Paulette

Thankfully Alamy isn't doing anything that draconian yet.

As Ed says you can post an image as soon as it gets an image reference in AIM. You don't have to wait for QC. Only a small one, though.

Ed's not going to fail, naturally.

Going through my surreal period here. The more I worked on this Artificial Intelligence image the more it resembled an african mask. Which was unexpected, but a good thing.

artificial-intelligence-ai-singularity-s

Apologies to Magritte. But my image is different. Magritte's birds have a sharp edge.

surreal-surrealism-cloud-bird-weather-ov

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

I have the DVD of their film "Catch Us if You Can" on my desk, look I'm waving it now! Directed by John Boorman. As well as being escapist fun of its day, its also a good travelogue of the English West Country. Bath, Imber,  Burgh Island all figure in it.

It must be one of the last Black and White films I saw at the cinema.

I was not trying to be snotty or blaze about the lad. In 1964 I moved to Rome where I had no TV and no radio. Anything that didn't get solid coverage in The Daily American was probably an unknown to me. I didn't know much about the Vietnam War until I went there to cover it. My ignorance was bliss. I'm a failed pop singer myself. 

Edo

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

This should be visible to you, Paulette.

And I lightened the sky and resubmitted the image. Billy Fury, eh? Never heard of him. 🙁

the-bronze-statue-of-billy-fury-in-pier-

That's a very Elvis pose. Makes a nice picture...!

Paulette

We’ve just got back from a break in Dubrovnik, Croatia where I took this shot of the cable car above the Old Town. It took a few prep shots and a bit of careful positioning with the camera to get the cable car in free space above the slope of the hill and tress behind it as it approached the upper station. It was worth the effort though...

a-cable-car-approaches-the-upper-station

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Steve Hyde said:

We’ve just got back from a break in Dubrovnik, Croatia where I took this shot of the cable car above the Old Town. It took a few prep shots and a bit of careful positioning with the camera to get the cable car in free space above the slope of the hill and tress behind it as it approached the upper station. It was worth the effort though...

a-cable-car-approaches-the-upper-station

Nice... and proof that planning generally pays off...