September 2019 Favourite Uploads

Bryan

59 minutes ago, vicky allum said:

Silly question how do i add a photo to the post, 

Open the pic in a separate window, (not tab,) drag and drop into your post. 

Question I once had myself.  😊

Southern Flannel Moth, Megalopyge opercularis, caterpillar common in parts of Texas. A light brush on my forearm blistered the skin and over time pain spread to the bones in my hand and wrist. I'd not like to have a serious encounter. The plus side is that I was able to grab this photo of one of the several I found on the patio. 

macro-shot-of-a-megalopyge-opercularis-caterpillar-the-venomous-larval-form-of-the-southern-flannel-moth-WXXMT8.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jodyko said:

Southern Flannel Moth, Megalopyge opercularis, caterpillar common in parts of Texas. A light brush on my forearm blistered the skin and over time pain spread to the bones in my hand and wrist. I'd not like to have a serious encounter. The plus side is that I was able to grab this photo of one of the several I found on the patio. 

Well now I'm not at all disturbed by finding signs of a waterbug in my NYC apartment. (Spellcheck wanted that to read "waterbed" and that would have been very strange).

Paulette

38 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Well now I'm not at all disturbed by finding signs of a waterbug in my NYC apartment. (Spellcheck wanted that to read "waterbed" and that would have been very strange).

😊

A few from me.

River Witham from Stokes High Bridge Cafe Lincoln

River Witham from Stokes High Bridge Cafe Lincoln 2019 Stock Photo

Star flyer ride seafront funfair Bridlington.

Star flyer ride at Bridlington sea front funfair East Yorkshire 2019 Stock Photo

Fishing boats on mud at low tide in Bridlington Harbour.

Fishing boats resting on mud at low tide Bridlington harbour East Yorkshire 2019 Stock Photo

Cup of latte light and shade.

Cup of Latte coffee with leaf design in foam Stock Photo

Sunflower against white sky.

Sunflower Helios Flame Stock Photo

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

A few more from me.

Black and white image of dragon fly on garden cane

Black and white image of dragon fly on garden cane Stock Photo

Binturong, endangered species.

binturong-linton-zoo-conservation-park-cambridgeshire-2019-WW30R6.jpg

Keeper and visitors with Aldabra Giant Tortoise

keeper-and-visitors-with-aldabra-giant-tortoise-linton-zoo-conservation-park-cambridgeshire-2019-WW30P3.jpg

African lioness paw on wire enclosure

African lioness paw on wire enclosure Linton Zoo Conservation Park Cambridgeshire 2019 Stock Photo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lisa said:

Wiener schnitzel with Sauerkraut, cucumber salad, potato salad, French fries and Radler beer during Oktoberfest in Vienna, Austria

wiener-schnitzel-with-sauerkraut-cucumbe

However did you manage to eat ALL that yourself?

Allan

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

A touristy cliche, but I got lucky with the lighting on my evening walk.

2A18YE6.jpg

Great image Edo. Should sell well.

Allan

I visited a few interesting places last week during the Heritage Open Days event in the UK, and was quite pleased to get some reasonable interiors of Holloway Sanatorium. The lighting was very low, and I was using ISOs of  over 2000. It was also fascinating to read about the history of this former hospital for mentally ill people while doing research for keywording. The travel writer Bill Bryson worked there as an orderly for a while, and wrote in his book, Notes from a Small Island, about a patient call Harry who was admitted in 1950, and from then on kept asking several times a day if the sanatorium was going to close in 1980. He turned out to be right - it closed in 1980 after a lightning strike caused a major fire.

The ornate entrance hall:

the-former-holloway-sanatorium-an-institution-for-treating-those-with-mental-illness-in-surrey-england-uk-built-between-1873-1875-closed-in-1980-2A0T664.jpg

The main staircase:

the-former-holloway-sanatorium-an-institution-for-treating-those-with-mental-illness-in-surrey-england-uk-built-between-1873-1875-closed-in-1980-2A0T5TB.jpg

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

2A18YE6.jpg

Intriguing to see a statue of Elvis in Liverpool, considering that he never once visited England (or made a brief, clandestine visit to London in 1958, according to some new stories).

Nice pic, Ed, and there's nothing wrong with a "touristy cliché"...

John, the plaque said that's Eddie Fury. A native of Liverpool like John and Paul and George and Ringo. 😜?

Does anyone remember the Dave Clark 5? I covered them for their PR firm in NYC. They were as big The Beatles and the Stones in the early '60s, but they seem to have faded fast. 

Thanks for the nod of approval, Allan and John. 😃

5 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

2A18YE6.jpg

Can't see this in the USA from search page. I'm getting this as possible  reason...... " it might be that the image is not available for sale in your country " .......Maybe worries here about copyright of Elvis images.

Paulette

Edited by NYCat

6 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

John, the plaque said that's Eddie Fury. A native of Liverpool like John and Paul and George and Ringo. 😜?

Does anyone remember the Dave Clark 5? I covered them for their PR firm in NYC. They were as big The Beatles and the Stones in the early '60s, but they seem to have faded fast. 

Thanks for the nod of approval, Allan and John. 😃

Billy Fury, I think? Just one of many Elvis clones's from this side of the Atlantic...

Edited by John Morrison