September 2019 Favourite Uploads

Bryan

I've uploaded a couple that I think are suitable for concept keywords but I am very bad at thinking of them. Any suggestions would be most welcome....

WKR81Y.jpg

Man encounters Sea Elephant Pup, Falkland Islands.

WKR7X2.jpg
Little Rockhopper Penguin traveling across rocky ground, Falkland Islands

Thanks for any assistance.

Paulette

Edited by NYCat

On 06/09/2019 at 20:48, meanderingemu said:

London, England, UK. September 6th, 2019. Signing event of Sir Paul McCartney's book Hey Grandude! at Waterstones in London. Fans waiting in line from 9am for the 4pm event . Credit: jf pelletier/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

this is my favourite so far, mainly because i saw a line up for a book signing as i'm going through London today, and took the shot, reading the book title, but not the author until I sat down a few minutes later and used my friend Google.  (this i agree is Luck! 😉)

Do you have more pictures from the queue ? I was at the very front, waiting for 7 hours and would love to see additional photographs. Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Servi said:

Do you have more pictures from the queue ? I was at the very front, waiting for 7 hours and would love to see additional photographs. Thank you in advance.

cool.  

not many, as i said didn't notice the artist until later but I'll check when i get back to lodging.  

Edited by meanderingemu

21 hours ago, Servi said:

just checked... nothing much different than that angle.  sorry... 

you're not by coincidence the nice person, who came to the back after and posed for all of us waiting for Sir Paul to come out are you?

Favorite maybe in the sense that I see not one other photo on Alamy of this building, despite it being a registered USA historical site. Not many Alamy contributors in rural NW Minnesota, I guess? This is now called the Kirkbride Building. For many years, it was a psychiatric ward for mentally ill patients from all over the state. Most spent the rest of their lives there. The enormity of the structure can not be captured by photos. Multiply that white section by about 15 and you get the idea of the size, maybe. The residents must have made up half the town at the time. Large sections are now being demolished.

Kirkbride Building, Fergus Falls State Hospital, former mental asylum, now empty, USA National Register of Historic Places, Fergus Falls, Minnesota. Stock Photo

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

Favorite maybe in the sense that I see not one other photo on Alamy of this building, despite it being a registered USA historical site. Not many Alamy contributors in rural NW Minnesota, I guess? This is now called the Kirkbride Building. For many years, it was a psychiatric ward for mentally ill patients from all over the state. Most spent the rest of their lives there. The enormity of the structure can not be captured by photos. Multiply that white section by about 15 and you get the idea of the size, maybe. The residents must have made up half the town at the time. Large sections are now being demolished.

Kirkbride Building, Fergus Falls State Hospital, former mental asylum, now empty, USA National Register of Historic Places, Fergus Falls, Minnesota. Stock Photo

It is so sad to think of people locked away but not as disturbing to me as the look of downtown Los Angeles these days. I am a freedom lover but it makes me wonder. Still a freedom lover, but upset about the situation.

Paulette

On 12/09/2019 at 03:26, NYCat said:

It is so sad to think of people locked away but not as disturbing to me as the look of downtown Los Angeles these days. I am a freedom lover but it makes me wonder. Still a freedom lover, but upset about the situation.

Paulette

The level of homelessness where I live in Oakland is absolutely atrocious. Never imagined my country would look this way. Anyone would be shocked by what I see on a daily basis.

12 hours ago, MariaJ said:

Thank you!  I've shot the carousel before but thought I'd try something different this time.

Maria

You really nailed the focus. Manual or autofocus? You must have used a very fast shutter speed as well -- or maybe not?

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

You really nailed the focus. Manual or autofocus? You must have used a very fast shutter speed as well.

Thanks.  It was autofocus, aiming for the eye.  I checked and the shutter speed was actually pretty slow, 1/30 sec, but I was panning while shooting.  It was a  bit of trial and error, I shot a lot to make sure at least some would have the focus I wanted ( and several did not!).

• Love 2
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, MariaJ said:

Thanks.  It was autofocus, aiming for the eye.  I checked and the shutter speed was actually pretty slow, 1/30 sec, but I was panning while shooting.  It was a  bit of trial and error, I shot a lot to make sure at least some would have the focus I wanted ( and several did not!).

You got the shot! Impressive.

• Like 1