Number of Photographers on Alamy?

501 :)

There must be over 10,000 I would imagine. 40m images with an average of 2,000 per photographer gives 20,000. There are people like Jeff with 100,000 but they are very few and quite a few agencies representing their own photographers.

I noticed on the "Have you seen" thread the other week that one reported usage was for a photographer who died about 2 years ago. He has quite a sizable collection so I hope his estate is still seeing the benefits.

Hi, was wondering this as I got an email today from Alamy saying I was in there top 500 photographers this quarter.

Thanks in advance.

'Top' as in what (pretty meaningless term on its own)? In terms of sales (quantity/$$$); most uploaded; best QC result; most return to them through distribution?!

Actual numbers of contributors has been mentioned by Alamy before as far as those joining each month, but I can't recall just now without hunting down the answer.  Doubtless someone else will know.

Hi, was wondering this as I got an email today from Alamy saying I was in there top 500 photographers this quarter.

Thanks in advance.

'Top' as in what (pretty meaningless term on its own)? In terms of sales (quantity/$$$); most uploaded; best QC result; most return to them through distribution?!

Actual numbers of contributors has been mentioned by Alamy before as far as those joining each month, but I can't recall just now without hunting down the answer.  Doubtless someone else will know.

"Your sales have been stacking up and you've made it into our top 500 photographers in the last Quarter"

Must try harder…..

Today, I too had had the encouraging news that I am among the top 500 photographers in Alamy for the last quarter !  (Seems to be number of sales)

Not sure how many there are of us contributing – and I’m not sure how encouraging this really is – because if I’m in the top 500 there must be some pretty dismal results for others down the line.

…..and it is nothing to do with photographic talent – I’ve looked at a number of portfolios in the past few months – many of which knock my eclectic mix of just over 4,800 images into a cocked hat.

To put it in context the vegetable stall at my garden gate where I sell surpluses from my garden crops earned almost exactly the same as my Alamy account’s net total…………Runner Beans anyone ?

To put it in context the vegetable stall at my garden gate where I sell surpluses from my garden crops earned almost exactly the same as my Alamy account’s net total…………Runner Beans anyone ?

i've already got plenty of runner beans, David, but if you have broad beans.....  And is there a discount for fellow "top 500" members?

Chris

Number of Photographers on Alamy?

Thanks in advance.

OK - found the info I was looking for.  According to Alamy, in March 2013, they had "a global network of over 30,000 photographers and more than 600 pictures agencies".

Whether these 'togs are represented multiple times by dint of submission through various agencies, I dunno!

Alamy don't send me any messages - good or bad :( :( :( !

Anyhoo, well done you merry band in the fortune 500.  Expect fruit stall competition next to your veggie stall soon, David!

Only just got mine.  :D

Fruit stall or e-mail?!

Well! looking at my sales this month I think I might have made the bottom 500. On a more serious note just how many sales did it take to make the top 500? I'm sure it would be interesting and informative without giving away too many secrets.

Had one of those too. Which quarter is this I wonder? I wasn't too happy with last months sales figures, I'm assuming last quarter is april to june.

I only had about 40 sales in the second quarter to make the top 500.

Had one of those too. Which quarter is this I wonder? I wasn't too happy with last months sales figures, I'm assuming last quarter is april to june.

I only had about 40 sales in the second quarter to make the top 500.

I had 85 in that period and didn't make the magic 500 (unless my email is delayed). Maybe it's done on a $ basis.

Archived