Number of Photographers on Alamy?

Looks like one of them algorythumses has got involved I seem to have 115 give or take a few (might try a few of them in the garden next year - I've got a few bean sticks left)  - sorry broad beans all gone, I've got a marrow which goes out to the stall when I can pump up the wheelbarrow wheel - it is about three feet long and pretty fat - I promise that I'll photograph it and submit a picture to Alamy.........

Make sure you position the barrow against a nice background...as I will keep my eye out for it on my travels around sussex  ;)   

Completely off-topic and of a horticultural nature - in response to considerable interest and a number of very good cash offers the threatened marrow picture now seems to be searchable in Alamy (DEMHAM) in spite of being submitted during the week-end - I did put the marrow on my garden-gate vegetable stall, but the weight caused the stall to collapse - I promise not to mention marrows again.......

nope....but it's curious when others, with fewer transactions, are getting the message...

km

Keith, you will probably receive a rather different message later indicating that you are in the "Top Ten" of all contributors!

I also receieved the email.  It bothers me that my $3962 in sales for the quarter gets me into the top 500.  It was only because of one large sale for $3700.  I would feel much better if $10,000 would get me into the top 500.  This is helpful though to get a picture of what is going on overall.  I think someone already mentioned it but Alamy states that there are 40,000 photographers signed up.  It sounded like that didn't include outside agencies.

Completely off-topic and of a horticultural nature - in response to considerable interest and a number of very good cash offers the threatened marrow picture now seems to be searchable in Alamy (DEMHAM) in spite of being submitted during the week-end - I did put the marrow on my garden-gate vegetable stall, but the weight caused the stall to collapse - I promise not to mention marrows again.......

Truly, all human (and other) life is here: threatened marrow.

I thought "losdemas" I wrote that 17000 was the last figure that I had heard of not fact; I wonder if Alamy can confirm there are some 34,000 contributors?

Yes you did. That's why I pointed you in the direction of Alamy's press release form March of this year where they offer this information.

I thought "losdemas" I wrote that 17000 was the last figure that I had heard of not fact; I wonder if Alamy can confirm there are some 34,000 contributors?

Yes you did. That's why I pointed you in the direction of Alamy's press release form March of this year where they offer this information.

There are just over 34,000 photographers on Alamy with images live in the catalog. 

Cheers

James A

I presume we're talking about individual photographers and not those affiliated to agencies and their subsidiaries so dividing the 4m with 34,000 doesn't add up, does it? 

Richard. 

Richard,

that's 40M divided by 34,000 which averages out at 1,176 per photographer.

J

Archived