Is it just me or are the Captchas on the Alamy site and 'here' becoming increasingly more and more time consuming? They are not quite at a level where they are becoming annoying (I do understand they are needed) but have they not started to become a little too time consuming?

2 minutes ago, Jansos said:

Is it just me or are the Captchas on the Alamy site and 'here' becoming increasingly more and more time consuming? They are not quite at a level where they are becoming annoying (I do understand they are needed) but have they not started to become a little too time consuming?

No, not just you. So irritating that I really don't want to log in any longer.

Many seems misleading -  and f.inst. when you should locate traffic signs - I would tick any of the quadrangles with any  part of a sign in them - but the system doesn't agree to this, seems only to accept the main parts.

11 hours ago, spacecadet said:

....- it's only a forum after all.B)

When you're trying to upload some Live News it's an added delay you could well do without, and then you can't get on the forum to moan about it. That's an issue :lol:

Wow. I've been passing them pretty easily but I just had one with "roads" that kept putting up new ones as I checked them. Not that it was very clear what they wanted. If there is a bus with a tiny amount of the road it stands on is that a road? I finally closed the window so I could get a new one. it was an easy street signs one but some of them are incredibly unclear.

Paulette

I had to click for street signs. So is the sign post still a part of the sign? If somebody has a finger in the edge of our submitted photos then we need a model release. So is a post a part of the sign? Is the sign small border corner in a segment still a sign? Is that thing way down the road still a sign or an unrecognizable object? I think it took 4 screens to get in here today. Do Alamy submission rules apply to the Captcha images?

12 minutes ago, StanRohrer said:

I had to click for street signs. So is the sign post still a part of the sign? If somebody has a finger in the edge of our submitted photos then we need a model release. So is a post a part of the sign? Is the sign small border corner in a segment still a sign? Is that thing way down the road still a sign or an unrecognizable object? I think it took 4 screens to get in here today. Do Alamy submission rules apply to the Captcha images?

Exactly my thoughts :)

13 tries today! I have to admit I lost my patience and began clicking randomly out of sheer frustration....must have got lucky!

Those Captcha folks sure do love that grain filter!

I hate these things.  This morning, logging into the main site, there was a picture of the back of a bus which took up every single square - clearly a "vehicle", but clicking every square was not the accepted solution.  21 clicks and 2 screens to get into the main Alamy site, then a further two screens and 6 clicks to log into this forum. 

What I find particularly annoying is that the main site seems to require a new captcha every time you log in, even on the same day.  Surely Alamy could set a cookie or something which will last 24 hours to spare the pain of going through this process several times if you end up logging in more than once in any particular day.

On 7/17/2018 at 22:13, Avpics said:

When you're trying to upload some Live News it's an added delay you could well do without, and then you can't get on the forum to moan about it. That's an issue :lol:

FTP? Eliminates the problem for Live News and is quicker.Unless you mean logging in for changing captions/correcting typos etc?

I'd have to agree though in general, the Captcha thing is very annoying. I never used to get it, and suddenly this week, it started with several rounds of blurry bits of 'street' and fuzzy 'street signs' to be identified and constantly asking me to 'please also look at the new pictures'. Chrome, moi.

I have a new thought. These Captchas are the new Alamy artifical intelegence to check image submission keywording.  Are you spamming your images? Your peers will help find you out!  ;-)

a: Can someone please explain to Captcha that traffic lights and street lights are not the same thing.

b: How much of a vehicle does a square have to contain for the square to contain a vehicle?

c: My quickest sign-in today (2 tries) was on my phone in the sun where I couldn't see the pictures and just chose at random. 

Archived