Newish to Alamy so needed some advice

Although I joined a few years ago only posted a few photos then not used this site for a few years.

I am having issues with Processing the images

I download and then fill in all the relevant information on the right...after that it seems to take an age while i just see the 'processing' screen and nothing happens

What am i doing wrong? 

Like Sally, I don't really understand what you're trying to describe, but having looked at a couple of your images I'd suggest using the text that you've entered as 'more information' as the caption rather than what you have at the moment.

yes sorry all I used the wrong terminology

After I UPLOAD the next stage goes to the 'Processing' section. This seems to take an age to complete- as Roger Johansen stated 

I was wondering if this is normal or something I am missing?

I will take on board AVPICs suggestion of a longer fuller Caption headline as well.

2 hours ago, Roger Johansen said:

Probably the same that I issue. Images take ages to be processed after upload.

Getting a lot of 'Processing error' messages after the long wait after the Upload

Now sure why- have tried different size files and everything

There have been problems of late. Mine stayed in processing for a long time. Others have mentioned this. I’m sure Alamy is working on it.

Dont get too fussed about it, although it is a bit frustrating.

Betty

OK Thank you all.

I was wondering what was happening?

As yet I still have not been able to go past the Processing stage.

Some of my photos have been stuck at this stage for 24 hours and still noting!

2 hours ago, AL1973 said:

OK Thank you all.

I was wondering what was happening?

As yet I still have not been able to go past the Processing stage.

Some of my photos have been stuck at this stage for 24 hours and still noting!

QC takes longer after a bank holiday weekend.

Try clicking in the box on the left under Your Submissions, where it has the number of the upload.  I've had this issue occasionally and this seems to work for me.  The images had been processed but didn't show until I clicked that box.

Everyone - thank you so much for your suggestions and help

I have tried everything but there seems still to be some issues- I think the 'delay after ban Holiday weekend' may be an issue

I am going to try again today- its been a week since the Bank Holiday so hopefully the back log has cleared!

1 hour ago, Niels Quist said:

- and you are sure that your JPEGs are in the format "Baseline" (standard)?

O wait- that might be an issue!?

I edit in Light Room- how do i Check if its in 'Baseline' ?

All my edits are JPEG before I upload Alamy

24 minutes ago, AL1973 said:

There are some hints on the Internet, but better wait until somebody in the forum, who uses Lightroom, turns up with the easy way to deal with this.

2 hours ago, AL1973 said:

There's no choice in LR. So it must be correct.

So today I uploaded three images- all below 4KB in size- they all uploaded ok and then went into the 'processed ' cycle.

Now 4 hours later they are still in the same state! Just dont understand why its doing this

EDIT Update on this..now on the left hand side it says they are with Quality Control-WOW Success at last I think!

3 minutes ago, AL1973 said:

So today I uploaded three images- all below 4KB in size- they all uploaded ok and then went into the 'processed ' cycle.

Now 4 hours later they are still in the same state! Just dont understand why its doing this

4 KB is way, way under the minimum size.

Just now, spacecadet said:

4 KB is way, way under the minimum size.

yes I agree- It will fail QC I know but I was getting desperate to see if I could get passed the Processing stage!

33 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Not sure if a deliberate QC fail is a good idea. You may be stopped from uploading for 10 days, assuming it's your first fail.

good point- not uploaded for about 2 years . But after recent events even trying to get to QC level i really need to know what the issues are

9 minutes ago, AL1973 said:

good point- not uploaded for about 2 years . But after recent events even trying to get to QC level i really need to know what the issues are

You'll only make (have made) life more difficult for yourself.  If you have a problem that can't be resolved quickly here, then you should contact CR and they will be able to advise you.

On 6/3/2018 at 12:32, losdemas said:

You'll only make (have made) life more difficult for yourself.  If you have a problem that can't be resolved quickly here, then you should contact CR and they will be able to advise you.

yes i shall do that now.

Not sure what is going on with my account.

Managed to get 3 photos to the QC level then not heard anything from Alamy to see if they passed or not

So far this has been a complete wast of time and effort uploading images on this site  

Archived