Punch the Air Moment (noob perspective)?

I'm so excited – I just got my seventh view!

Okay, okay. All you grizzled and gnarly old togs out there are variously snorting, laughing, yawning, examining your nails, rolling eyes, expressing utter disdain, feigning utter disdain, and throwing rotten veg in this direction. But it's ground breaking stuff for me - seven views!

You wait until I get an actual zoom.

(Sales, we won't mention)

If any other noobs want to pitch in, feel free (first view/sale/zoom/CTR/massive sale/OBE/etc) – oh, and you big guns can as well, but it better be good – Leonardo da Vinci good.

Congratulations!  I have been submitting photos since the end of August and have a whopping 40 views.  Still not much, but any day that the number goes up I go into the measures tab and look to see exactly what they looked at and how it was searched.  

I'm still waiting on zooms or sales as well, one of these days...

Just now, Betty LaRue said:

Wait until you get that first sale and feel like running through your neighborhood shouting about it. I remember that feeling. Nothing like it. You actually feel like a bonified photographer.

Betty

Oh, you guys are never going to hear the end of it!

I looked at your baby African Gray parrot tags. There are two birds. Yet you only have “baby African Gray parrot” as a tag. Add “parrots” in another similar phrase. Then you need to add the scientific name. I often have searches using only the scientific name. (Wikipedia is your friend) Your image won’t be seen at all in those searches. Also use “African Gray” “African Grey” because a lot of people are unsure which spelling to use. Including me, and I own two of them. :D

Go through your tags and add plurals to a singular image, and singular tags to your plurals. Alamy doesn’t do stemming. So “woman” also needs “women,person,persons,people” Add ethnicity if you know it, like Hispanic,Caucasian, etc.

Tagging is half the game. Do it right, and you’ll have more views, which may lead to zooms, and the ultimate, sales.

Betty

Thanks Betty, I admit my tags are rather "quick and dirty"; noob enthusiasm is currently driving location photoshoots, uploads and admin, very much in that decreasing order of effort (always been bad on admin, but like my flappy incompetence, I'm working on it).

1 hour ago, Atko said:

Just don't forget that there's a tradition on this forum that you buy everyone a drink on your first sale.

Alan

1 hour ago, Atko said:

I'm right with you Atko, I've had lots of views and a couple of zooms but no sales yet. Be ready with a high 5 when we do. 👍

24 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

Just don't forget that there's a tradition on this forum that you buy everyone a drink on your first sale.

Alan

Will this do? 🍾🍷🍻🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Remember than Alamy is primarily an editorial agency. Try to photograph with particular markets in mind -- e.g. travel magazines, textbooks, etc. Chances of seeing a sale will be greater if you do. Alamy Measures (All of Alamy) can help you determine what buyers might be searching for in Cyprus. Also, things are looking a bit sleepy in Cyprus these days. This is not a bad thing, of course, but I'd be inclined to include more people in your images, especially the village shots. Good luck.

If your avatar is representative of your reaction to views, then you will need to update it when you get your first sale.

that said , keep uploading and pay attention to keywording properly 

5 hours ago, Atko said:

I'm so excited – I just got my seventh view!

Okay, okay. All you grizzled and gnarly old togs out there are variously snorting, laughing, yawning, examining your nails, rolling eyes, expressing utter disdain, feigning utter disdain, and throwing rotten veg in this direction. But it's ground breaking stuff for me - seven views!

You wait until I get an actual zoom.

(Sales, we won't mention)

If any other noobs want to pitch in, feel free (first view/sale/zoom/CTR/massive sale/OBE/etc) – oh, and you big guns can as well, but it better be good – Leonardo da Vinci good.

I'll have a pint of whatever you're drinking. :D

I remember my first sale... I almost had a stroke! I think I was a member for about a year before I got up enough nerve to upload my first batch of images. And about another couple years before my first sale. I've had 3 sales this year (4 last year) so I'm just getting started as well... don't give up! Keep shooting and keep uploading!!

6 minutes ago, vicky allum said:

Can anyone tell me what you can click on to see what photos of mine were viewed,

In your dashboard, click on Alamy Measures, which will show your CTR graph. Click on 'Your Images' and it will give you a table of your pseudonyms . Click on each pseudonym to see  what was viewed in your portfolio. You can change the date range, going back up to one year.

Archived