Oh, yes. thank you Alamy

3 hours ago, ReeRay said:

A search of ones own image now shows all your own images of the subject first and the complete collection of same by you. 

Great. 

Sorry are we talking a search in AIM or a general search?

Allan

Definitely nice, Alamy. The results I have checked have not had all my images of a subject and one of them also adds many from other photographers. Such a nice change, though. Allan, I have searched from the main page as if I am a buyer.

Paulette

19 minutes ago, arterra said:

Yep, indeed!

The SEVERE cropping ruins the compositions of our similar pictures. I can imagine customers are NOT aware that those thumbnails are in fact heavily cropped versions.  

Please Alamy, fix this because I do all the trouble in the world to make good, attractive compositions, and all that work doesn't show now. Especially the vertical images are completely ruined :o

Remember, first impressions are extremely important :mellow:

Examples: see eartworms (tips cut off) and horse (feet cut off) and dead lamb (main subject cut off)

Cheers,

Philippe

Photography Prints
 Fine Art Collection Arterra

I don't think these links prove your (& my) point.

Maybe this works: Dead lamb.

wim

1 minute ago, arterra said:

But that's a bloody good thing :lol:

Or you prefer lazy bums parasiting on your hard work by simply copying the whole lot in the blink of an eye? :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Philippe

I generally speaking agree... unless of course you are trying to copy keywords from one of your own, older images to a new one.

A search of ones own image now shows all your own images of the subject first and the complete collection of same by you.

Okay, I'll put my hand up 'cos I'm a bit stupid.

A search where? Not in the main Alamy search box .. ?

12 minutes ago, arterra said:

.... and you're absolutely right. Thought "cattle" was a synonym for "livestock" :o Didn't know it was only used for cows.

Another English lesson learned ;) Thanks for telling me.

Cheers,

Philippe (red face as a tomato from shame)

You're welcome... your English is probably better than my English and I am English! :)

I once worked with an Italian guy who spotted and commented on every single spelling or grammar mistake that I (or indeed anyone) made in a document.. written in English.

44 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

Okay, I'll put my hand up 'cos I'm a bit stupid.

A search where? Not in the main Alamy search box .. ?

Underneath one of your images, when zoomed.

Try a search for original tour union jack.

Zoom one of your own.

Look underneath.

wim

46 minutes ago, arterra said:

If you keyword in Bridge of Lightroom, you can always copy from there.

Cheers,

Philippe

Oh dear. Lately I've been copying from my Alamy preview page to add keywords in Lightroom. It won't work now??? Endless punishments from having done my keywording in Alamy.

Paulette

2 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Oh dear. Lately I've been copying from my Alamy preview page to add keywords in Lightroom. It won't work now??? Endless punishments from having done my keywording in Alamy.

Paulette

Yes it still works. Just click show all and proceed as before.

Try to copy/paste just show all as a test as well.

wim

Thank you, Wim. I tried copying into TextEdit and I got the blue clickable tags. I don't want to play around in Lightroom right now. Too busy looking at tigers from my India trip! There sure are a lot where I just took the picture just because it was a tiger. I trust there are some good ones but they are buried in nonsense. How could I not shoot if the tiger was right there??? No way to move around it or get the grass out of the way. Such fun though.

Paulette

PS. Just discovered that it is easy enough to make TextEdit turn it into plain text so all is well.

Is this a case of two steps forward with two steps back?

• Step forward - Original contributors images are now shown
  • Step forward - It's now harder to pirate tags from Alamy images. That's good news, although the "tag piracy sites" will soon write code to extract the tags from this new layout 
  • Step back - It's now made it impossible to copy our own keywords from an old image to a new one without using an intermediate word processor to reinsert commas between the tags. Hopefully the new AIM will soon be fixed to allow this.
  • Step back - What use are these tag buttons to customers? They appear to only be able to click one of them before a new search is initiated. This tends to massively broaden the results. Shouldn't they be able to select several tags before initiating a new search?

Many of the recent software changes leave me somewhat baffled as to the underlying intention. Other than removing the need for flash, I find the new AIM more difficult to use than the old one, the basics like cut and paste don't work and I find comparing and sharing tags between multiple images becomes incomprehensible once you have a mixture of tags and supertags and the layout makes the tags very hard to read/check.

I'm confused... What is going on? :unsure:

Archived