Blogs .... ? Is this a new feature?

Just saw today there is a new Menu Topic in the top menu. 

As far as I remember, it was always only "Forums     Members". 

Now it reads "Forums   Members   Blogs" - but no blogs in yet. 

Was I blind to this so far or is it a new feature for the forum? 

Is the blog feature just so Alamy can get some free editorial content with which to promote their business?

I would think most contributors here who have websites already have blogging options, although in my case I hardly use it as I am a poor writer.

Having said that, here's one I did earlier concerning image theft and sharing of copyright images (Alamy ask you to share only your own on the first page of the blog setup).

http://www.mickflynnimages.com/blog/2016/5/can-you-afford-to-let-people-post-images-on-your-site

It's a typo. Meant to be blob. Can be an ink spot, picture of an obese person, or the monster in the old movie.

Maybe meant to be blot, as in me, a blot on the face of humanity. ;). Or was that another word?

Looks like an entry can also point to an external blog. 

Two fearless photographers have already created entries there.

Ann Parry's entry brings you directly to her external blog page. 

I respect people who blog. I think starting a blog can be like creating a monster that continuosly needs feeding. I think I could create a first, then would be consumed trying to figure out what to write next.

Hopefully this new feature will impart a lot of interesting information.

I respect people who blog. I think starting a blog can be like creating a monster that continuosly needs feeding. I think I could create a first, then would be consumed trying to figure out what to write next.

Hopefully this new feature will impart a lot of interesting information.

I feel much the same way. My experience with blogging taught me that you really have to have "the right stuff" in order to keep a blog going for the long haul. I discovered that I don't, 

"A monster that constantly needs feeding" sounds like a good description of  the Web in general. B)

I feel much the same way. My experience with blogging taught me that you really have to have "the right stuff" in order to keep a blog going for the long haul. I discovered that I don't, 

"A monster that constantly needs feeding" sounds like a good description of  the Web in general. B)

My ears are burning.  :)

You had better take a selfie of them and upload it ASAP.

It's a typo. Meant to be blob. Can be an ink spot, picture of an obese person, or the monster in the old movie.

Maybe meant to be blot, as in me, a blot on the face of humanity. ;). Or was that another word?

Not a typo. Alamy seems to be inviting contributors to make their blogs available on the forum . . . but I guess that hasn't happened yet. I have a blog, or had one. I've stopped doing mine. Alamy's own blog is at  http://www.alamy.com/blog/

Not a typo. Alamy seems to be inviting contributors to make their blogs available on the forum . . . but I guess that hasn't happened yet. I have a blog, or had one. I've stopped doing mine. Alamy's own blog is at  http://www.alamy.com/blog/

and your blog is WELL worth reading, Edo....

- Ann

As of today I can see three blogs - losdemas, Ann and Martin.

My guess is you have to enter the URL in your profile if you want your blog to appear.

!!!  All I did was to click on a couple of buttons to see what it was all about!  No intention of actually creating a blog here! I had presumed that one would be asked if you actually wanted to publish something first.

Where's that DELETE button? :lol:

EDIT: Found it - blogone (new word!)

As of today I can see three blogs - losdemas, Ann and Martin.

My guess is you have to enter the URL in your profile if you want your blog to appear.

!!!  All I did was to click on a couple of buttons to see what it was all about!  No intention of actually creating a blog here! I had presumed that one would be asked if you actually wanted to publish something first.

Much the same, saw that Ann had linked to her blog, so I followed the process. All I had to do was tell Alamy that it was an external blog, next step was give the blog a name. a brief decription and enter the url. Hit submit, job done.

I was just teasing, Edo. Being a smart alec. ;)

As of today I can see three blogs - losdemas, Ann and Martin.[/size]

My guess is you have to enter the URL in your profile if you want your blog to appear.[/size]

:):):)

This feature somehow sneaked onto our forum via some recent settings changes. 

Sorry for the confusion, but it's not a feature we will be supporting.

Thanks

Alamy

Archived