Good, or possibly bad, news

7 calendar sales dropped in yesterday. That's the good bit.

But at 5.86 dollars for worldwide page a day use and 47 for conventional, this isn't going to make me rich.

Further, there are repeat sales amongst them, two images selling three times. I can see a need for two licences here, but 3? Does this presage a refund?

I managed $10.25 for a digital calendar with very explicit regional usage -

~Solihull, Derby, Burton on Trent, Bury St. Edmunds, Coventry, Doncaster, Harrogate, Leicester, Lincoln, Plymouth, Sunderland OR Taunton​.

At least my shot was taken in one of those locations...

~Solihull, Derby, Burton on Trent, Bury St. Edmunds, Coventry, Doncaster, Harrogate, Leicester, Lincoln, Plymouth, Sunderland OR Taunton​.

Same as me (including the price), mine was a Lincoln photo.

Yes, I had 2 for Burton on trent area. Same  price as yours.

John.

7 calendar sales dropped in yesterday. That's the good bit.

But at 5.86 dollars for worldwide page a day use and 47 for conventional, this isn't going to make me rich.

Further, there are repeat sales amongst them, two images selling three times. I can see a need for two licences here, but 3? Does this presage a refund?

Me too; had multiple sales yesterday. No refunds yet. Fingers crossed...

.......It is for a digital only release, run of 150.

Did you not have 1,000 print run, in addition to the 150 'digital' print run?

Also curious as to how its possible to have a 150 print run for a digital calender, would have thought such a calender could only exist in electronic format?

Usage: Consumer goods

Media: Calendar

Print run: up to 1,000

Placement: Inside

Start: 01 January 2016

End: 01 January 2017

For use in a Digital Regional Calendar, for distribution only within its titled region - Solihull, Derby, Burton on Trent, Bury St. Edmunds, Coventry, Doncaster, Harrogate, Leicester, Lincoln, Plymouth, Sunderland OR Taunton. Print run 150.

Also curious as to how its possible to have a 150 print run for a digital calender, would have thought such a calender could only exist in electronic format?

For use in a Digital Regional Calendar, for distribution only within its titled region - Solihull, Derby, Burton on Trent, Bury St. Edmunds, Coventry, Doncaster, Harrogate, Leicester, Lincoln, Plymouth, Sunderland OR Taunton. Print run 150.

Who knows?  Maybe some kind of B2B desktop/app for release only to a certain business' clients, or something similar?

If this is the calendar company I think it is, the digital bit doesn't mean it's literally a digital calendar, it just refers to their method of printing I believe.

Pearl

I got two page-per-day sales in 2013 ($10 each). Wife found the calendar and bought it for me for Christmas. It cost her about the same to buy the calendar as I got paid for the images!

How we laughed!

I have a big, glossy 2015 "Butterflies" calendar (a gift from someone) produced by a major publisher hanging on the wall next to my computer. All the images are from microstock agencies.

I have a big, glossy 2015 "Butterflies" calendar (a gift from someone) produced by a major publisher hanging on the wall next to my computer. All the images are from microstock agencies.

Our $10 payment is starting to sound quite good! :-)

Ouch. Calendars used to pay reasonably well.

I too have a repeat (same price and terms) sale this month. It's RM, so I'm hoping that the buyer had two separate uses in mind. Usually, these double sales do eventually get refunded, though.

Still can do - especially if you sell direct to them. ;)

Had a license through another agency last year for a B2B calendar - net £23 to me.  Had a sale this year where I approached a calendar co. directly - £40.

Don't rush out and spend the money either. I have an uncleared calendar sale from 10 April 2015. I enquired recently when it might be cleared, and MS told me it "should" get paid in March next year...and to let them know if it's not paid by April. So, just maybe I might get my hands on the $$ by May!

I license images directly to various calendar companies for $60-150 per image depending upon the size and calendar run (100% to me, usually $150 for a full size wall calendar). Alamy has also licensed an image of mine for $160 for a calendar as recently as a couple of years ago. The calendar companies I've dealt with usually choose their images around April and pay the following December or January, hence the long wait for payment. I just received a box of around a dozen 2016 calendars - samples from one company - in October. I also have work being considered by a couple of regional calendar publishers who pay as much as $200 for a cover image - plus samples. 

I was looking into submitting work to some of the page a day calendars, but for those prices I don't think it is worth it at all. So discouraging! 

I license images directly to various calendar companies for $60-150 per image depending upon the size and calendar run (100% to me, usually $150 for a full size wall calendar). Alamy has also licensed an image of mine for $160 for a calendar as recently as a couple of years ago. The calendar companies I've dealt with usually choose their images around April and pay the following December or January, hence the long wait for payment. I just received a box of around a dozen 2016 calendars - samples from one company - in October. I also have work being considered by a couple of regional calendar publishers who pay as much as $200 for a cover image - plus samples. 

I was looking into submitting work to some of the page a day calendars, but for those prices I don't think it is worth it at all. So discouraging! 

Yes, April seems to be the month. I had a $100 calendar sale via Alamy in April of this year. Inside use, print run a cool one million.

I had three calendar sales drop in today.

Two were for the low rate page a day inside at $5.86 x 25000 print run.

Third was for inside at $46.86 x 20000 print run.

Strange thing is all three licences are for the same image.

Allan

Archived