Second that - many of these schemes seem important but it is vital to see a few numbers backing up the hype - I know of one '$20,000' client of one agency who actually produced end sales that totaled in the hundreds after negotiating the 'deal' of the decade paying the photographers absolute peanuts. Facts are often hard to come by.......

I also saw on twitter that a number of Stockimo submissions were rejected because people didn't caption, keyword, or state the number of people correctly. I have six that have been sitting in the queue for just over 24 hours. No idea if I should upload more or wait to see if I get bounced.

I don't own an iPhone or plan to buy one. Consequently, I won't be chasing the Stockimo train. But I'm wondering if anyone has actually sold an iPhone image yet through Alamy. If so, what was the pricing like? Who leased it/them? Inquiring minds want to know.

Hi John,

I have seven photos approved so far via Stockimo, with my highest score a 3.3 out of 4. I haven't sold any iPhone photos yet via Alamy, but have been selling them for two years now on GI. The highest price to date was $440 which I had to split 30/70. I've had them in textbooks, travel guidebooks, New York newspapers, magazines, etc. The $440 was a yellow hibiscus which is now on a soap bottle label in popular chain store (1,700 stores) in malls across America. GI tells us exactly who buys our photos, so I know exactly where they ended up. But GI doesn't flag which of my photos are iPhone photos. They compete side by side with the Canon Mark IIIs and the SONY RX-100s, etc.

How does one join GI?

The library grew from 2000 yesterday to just around 3144 today. I heard they were totally swamped with uploads. It was mentioned on Twitter today by the Stockimo team. They are working through the backlog.

Not surprising. Fifty million here we come!

It will be a 100 million by the end of April!

Yes Niels it was humorous but also indicates that GI is not really high on Googles radar. :)

Allan

Well, Google is a tad thick . . . it doesn't know what/where/who G*tty is either :-)

dd

They should use crowd (customers, advanced users) judging QC as other mobile apps.

I don't think crowd judging is a good idea. I upload photos from my BB to another rmobile site, and they only ask about recognizable people, and don't ask at all about recognizable property.  Alamy's standard there is more stringent than other places, as even if someone's toe is visible, that counts as a persona and you have to have a release for that.  Too many photos would slip through that don't meet the Alamy release standards.

Jill

They should use crowd (customers, advanced users) judging QC as other mobile apps.

I don't think crowd judging is a good idea. I upload photos from my BB to another rmobile site, and they only ask about recognizable people, and don't ask at all about recognizable property.  Alamy's standard there is more stringent than other places, as even if someone's toe is visible, that counts as a persona and you have to have a release for that.  Too many photos would slip through that don't meet the Alamy release standards.

Jill

True, but then again, if Alamy's technical standards were currently being enforced, there would be thousands of Stockimo images now sitting in the Sin Bin. This is obviously a whole new ballgame.

Hello out there! We're still waiting to see that first Stockimo image sale reported...

I have joined Stockimo 2 days ago and uploaded immediately some of my iphone images. 10 were accepted with scores from 2.3 to 3.7 with the majority at 2.7, 8 were rejected  (it means they did not score minimum 2, and 7 are still pending. 

What I do not understand is that most of the images accepted were taken with an iphone 3gs and using hipstamatic or even some borders apps, whereas some images taken with my iphone 4s with good composition, sharpness and correctly titled and keyworded were rejected, i wonder why and I beleive the selection  is not made on the sharpness criteria or "quality" so what makes an image pass or fail?

Also I cannot find my stockimo images accepted by contributor (as on Alamy) but the only way to find them on Alamy is to search for the word "stockimo" and a keyword I know I used on an image ( for example "stockimo venice".

I do not understand how buyers will search and find the images??

Archived