Image sale to TV have you had any?

I have just had a sale (still image not video) with the following licence details:

Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: up to 2 transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 10 February 2014
End: 10 February 2019
Rights include use for 14 days from first transmission in trails promos and weekend highlights show not titles within context of original program across any ITV branded or affiliated platform and 30 day catch up on any ITV branded VOD service.

I am now approaching 300 sales and never had one for TV use before.

Just what other contributors experience of this is.

Over the years I have had agents (libraries) license a number of images for

broadcast or film (motion).  It is a large market and one that I do not feel

Alamy is pursuing enough from what I know.

It would be good to see Alamy licensing more still images for broadcast

and film.

I've had two sales of images for TV adverts through another library. each one has netted me some decent $s !

One was a Japanese advert for fashion. The other was for a furniture advert to be shown in the UK. I would LOVE to see them both but no idea where or how.

Red Snapper

"They happen every now and again"

That's what I wanted to know. (This being my first)

Interesting that the others that have responded have had theirs used for TV ads which should net more $$ than mine, which was for editorial content.

Had one I remember at least:

Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 01 August 2011
End: 01 August 2012

- probably at a better price than you would get now  :)

Architectural content.

My most recent license was to the production company in the UK which was producing a doco for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee with singer Gary Barlow (who, unfortunately, I did not know from a bar of soap!).  Apparently Prince Charles liked my image of Cedric, an aborigingal busker and the company paid me 220 pounds for video rights in the UK only.  A few years back, I supplied several images of faces to a local television network in Sydney for $700 and a couple of images to another Sydney production company showing a series on the ABC.  All of these did not involve any agencies.

Sheila

Archived