December 2023 Challenge - Young

NYCat

Great subject Paulette! And such cute competition!

Congrats on your win. Had to start with a young animal for you:

fawn-in-a-thicket-white-tailed-deer-odoc

Taken at Rockwood Hall Park in Sleepy Hollow, New York, near my house. And thanks too. I thought this one was already online and found a whole batch from that day waiting in a "To Upload" folder.

My grandson. His parents don't post his photos on social media, but were okay with my using this one. He was a little over 2 weeks old. 

newborn-baby-soft-focus-tiny-fist-of-an-

A little girl rooting for her dad at the NYC Marathon: 

new-york-nov-7-2011-cute-little-girl-in-

Edited by Marianne
  • Like 2

On 08/12/2023 at 07:24, Michael Ventura said:

Congrats again Paulette! Great new challenge subject.

A young calf by its mom

a-mother-cow-with-her-days-old-calf-on-a

A young mom and with her little boy

white-caucasian-mother-with-her-baby-boy

A young girl looking into Santa's eyes.  Oh to be young and innocent again!

santa-claus-with-a-young-girl-6-7-8-9-on

Great images. Got me excited thinking about going with my daughter for my grandson to see Santa for the first time this year. He was barely a year old his first Christmas, and with Covid on his second, we weren't even able to travel to see them and I don't think there were any mall Santas that year, and then even as things relaxed, going to a crowded mall seemed like too big a risk, but this year, now that he's in kindergarten, we're going when we visit them for Christmas. Good thing, now that he's in school he could learn the truth, so I'm glad he'll get a chance at this rite of childhood. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Marianne said:

Great images. Got me excited thinking about going with my daughter for my grandson to see Santa for the first time this year. He was barely a year old his first Christmas, and with Covid on his second, we weren't even able to travel to see them and I don't think there were any mall Santas that year, and then even as things relaxed, going to a crowded mall seemed like too big a risk, but this year, now that he's in kindergarten, we're going when we visit them for Christmas. Good thing, now that he's in school he could learn the truth, so I'm glad he'll get a chance at this rite of childhood. 

Funny Santa story.  Many years ago I was on a small luxury sailing cruise in the Caribbean (was actually an assignment), and on the boat was a man who looked just like the classic Santa (the American version at least).  It was in the fall so Christmas coming up.  Well other guests on the boat kept bothering him for pictures.  I felt badly for Mr Santa look alike.  At some point I got talking to him and he said he didn’t mind at all, in fact he said that is what he does for living after his retirement!  He was a mall Santa just north of Baltimore.  Well that’s just an hour north of me and I got to thinking.  My daughter was in kindergarten then and was in a cast with a broken leg.  I asked “Santa” if I could come see him with my kids.  He said sure and gave me his business card so I could get his hours of when he was working.  I gave him all this background info on my daughter, like how she broke leg etc..my son was too young to understand much, so I didn’t bother him so much.

So when we got there he surprised my daughter with all this knowledge about her.  It was so much fun! I have a photo of him but won’t post it here, don’t want to add any confusion.  The photo I did post was not of him or my daughter, but another great Santa.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Thanks for the competition NYKat!

Here are my submissions:

Merry Christmas! Kumar

1. Young boy in a hammock, Mandalay, Myanmar

young-baby-boy-child-in-a-hammock-mandalay-myanmar-burma-asia-EGXB1T.jpg

2. Young Galapagos albatross chick, Galapagos Islands

galapagos-albatross-waved-albatross-chick-phoebastria-irrorata-espanola-KK12DY.jpg

3. Young white rhino with it's mother; South Africa

white-rhino-mother-and-baby-or-adult-and-calf-ceratotheirum-simum-HW66YW.jpg

• Like 1

Three from me: 

Young people lobby for action to prevent climate change at the  Manchester Youth Strike 4 Climate protest on 24th May, 2019, in Manchester, UK.

TAEWW3.jpg

Young army cadets from the Royal Thai Army help others in a national clean up day In Nakhon Phanom, Thailand, South East Asia. 

2TBFBGR.jpg

Young protesters lobby for fair taxes and no cut to universal credit outside the Conservative Party Conference  in Manchester, UK, 

2GXKEM0.jpg

• Like 1

My 3 - hard to compete on this one!

two happy laughing boys on horseback by the river eden during annual appleby travellers gypsy traditional horse fair June 2023 cumbria.

2R8T74J.jpg

close up of man holding young baby chick in his hands 

2G47REK.jpg

2 Orthodox Jewish boys wearing traditional kippurs yarmulke and identical T shirts, looking at countryside at penshaw monument co durham  wearside

2JNY09W.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you all for the wonderful submissions. My job will be really hard. Fun, though, to look so closely at all the young things. I'll get to work. I hope I can remember how to set up a poll.

Paulette

• Love 1

This is too hard! I was so sure I had them down to 8 but I counted again and there are 10. Two have to go. I'll leave it for a while and come back.

Paulette

• Love 1
  • Like 1