August 2023 Photo-Challenge - CHARITY - Vote Now!

Doc

August 2023 Photo-Challenge - CHARITY - Vote Now!  

30 members have voted

1. 1. My vote for the August Poll is:

• Michael Ventura; ARHN6X; People feeding the homeless during the holidays
    • ReeRay; 2BT66AM; A bewildered Thai child receiving a food handout during the COVID lockdown
    • Mr Standfast; 2B1W68X; Charity "Send a Cow" lit up the Arnolfini in Bristol
    • NYCat; C2FN8B; Baby elephant being fed at the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Nairobi, Kenya
    • ACE; F3DDWT; Prostate Cancer UK - Cash collectors in pink
    • TeeCee; H6GXC5; Glenys Kinnock; Baroness Kinnock of Holyhead, campaigning for Breast Cancer research, CRC 2001
    • Avpics; P13KJW; Charity Mud Run (Crawl)
    • Bryan; CY0HN0; Two volunteers from the North east armed forces charity Homeless Heroes

1. Michael Ventura; ARHN6X; People feeding the homeless during the holidays

usa-washington-dc-community-volunteers-at-a-soup-kitchen-ARHN6X.jpg

2.  ReeRay; 2BT66AM; A bewildered Thai child receiving a food handout during the COVID lockdown

covid-19-child-free-food-handout-to-people-in-need-due-to-loss-of-income-from-coronavirus-funded-by-local-businesses-in-pattaya-thailand-asia-2BT66AM.jpg

3. Mr Standfast; 2B1W68X; Charity "Send a Cow" lit up the Arnolfini in Bristol

bristol-uk-27th-feb-2020-local-artists-light-up-the-city-of-bristol-with-interactive-light-installations-pictured-is-wildlife-on-the-waterfront-on-the-arnolfini-gallery-by-the-charity-send-a-cow-and-limbic-cinema-the-first-ever-bristol-light-festival-is-free-to-attend-open-to-all-and-provided-by-bristol-bid-in-partnership-with-the-bristol-city-council-and-the-university-of-the-west-of-england-credit-mr-standfastalamy-live-news-2B1W68X.jpg

4. NYCat; C2FN8B; Baby elephant being fed at the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Nairobi, Kenya

african-elephant-calf-loxodonta-africana-drinking-milk-from-a-bottle-C2FN8D.jpg 

5. ACE; F3DDWT; Prostate Cancer UK - Cash collectors in pink

prostate-cancer-charity-workers-collecting-money-at-silverstone-F3DDWT.jpg

6. TeeCee; H6GXC5; Glenys Kinnock; Baroness Kinnock of Holyhead, campaigning for Breast Cancer research, CRC 2001

glenys-kinnock-baroness-kinnock-of-holyhead-wearing-a-get-in-the-pink-H6GXC5.jpg

7. Avpics; P13KJW; Charity Mud Run (Crawl)

maldon-mud-race-competitor-in-the-slimy-mud-of-the-river-blackwater-essex-competitor-covered-in-mud-eyes-showing-through-mud-P13KJW.jpg

8. Bryan; CY0HN0; Two volunteers from the North east armed forces charity Homeless Heroes

two-volunteers-from-north-east-armed-forces-charity-homeless-heroes-CY0HN0.jpg

Hi All!

Please vote for your favourite image! I have to say the choice was very difficult!  it would have been much easier to choose 11 or 12, but here are the final 8. Thank you all for your excellent submissions - 

A reminder that voting closes at 18.00 hrs UK time, Sunday 3rd September, when the winner will decide September's topic.

Best

Kumar

• Like 1

Competition and voting are now closed!

Many congratulations to ReeRay for his clear winner of the Bewildered Thai child in black and white! Nice one!  Congrats also to AVPics for a good second placing!

I hand on to ReeRay for the September competition!

Cheers!

Kumar

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Doc said:

Competition and voting are now closed!

Many congratulations to ReeRay for his clear winner of the Bewildered Thai child in black and white! Nice one!  Congrats also to AVPics for a good second placing!

I hand on to ReeRay for the September competition!

Cheers!

Kumar

Thanks Doc for a great challenge and thanks to all who voted for me, I'm humbled.

I'll put up the September challenge shortly

Regards

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Congratulations, ReeRay.

And thanks for picking up the baton, Doc.

No probs Ed - do hope you will consider partaking in the competition in the future!

Best,

K

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1