Images sold in July 2023

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

Don't give up hope. Licences often trickle in throughout the last day of the month. 

Does that really happen? Never seen anything come in during the day, they always appear overnight for me. Well, they used to. Nothing since the 25th June🤦🏼‍♂️

Edited by Tony ALS
Typo

14 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

Does that really happen? Never seen anything come in during the day, they always appear overnight for me. Well, they used to.

Same here never anything during the day Just one sale came through so far on the 21st July The other 2 hasn't come in yet 

33 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

Does that really happen? Never seen anything come in during the day, they always appear overnight for me. Well, they used to. Nothing since the 25th June🤦🏼‍♂️

The dashboard only updates once a day, overnight in the UK, but it's easy to check your sales as they come in. Go to your dashboard, click on the grey "Download sales report" button, then select today's date as the end date and change to Date of Invoice. Then click on Go.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony ALS said:

Yes, when using the sales report. I woke up to five licences (UK time) with a further three so far coming through individually during the rest of the day thus far. I'm still outstanding quantities of newspaper licences going back as far as April so I'm hoping to see numbers of larger values to arrive before close of play.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

The dashboard only updates once a day, overnight in the UK, but it's easy to check your sales as they come in. Go to your dashboard, click on the grey "Download sales report" button, then select today's date as the end date and change to Date of Invoice. Then click on Go.

Thanks for this. Didn't throw up anything but at least I know where to look now.

• Like 1

First $$$ of the day has arrived (see above). An example of 'adopt, adapt and improve' #montypython. Queuing for over an hour at Gatwick following failure of the automatic passport gates:

london-gatwick-airport-horley-surrey-uk-27th-may-2023-the-automatic-e-passport-gate-system-has-failed-for-arrivals-at-gatwick-airport-leading-to-delays-of-around-an-hour-to-clear-customs-arriving-passengers-are-being-handled-manually-by-border-force-staff-with-fewer-than-half-of-the-available-booths-in-operation-queues-of-passengers-are-tailing-back-through-the-airport-corridors-2R4CGWE.jpg

Edited by Avpics
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

Very happy to see a near $200 E.U. marketing packaging sale for my old iPod.  Shot this while on lockdown during Covid.  Also had a $55 infringement payout today.  Will help pay for all the wasted food that I will have to toss out from the power outage.  Still no power, back on by tomorrow hopefully.

vintage-apple-ipod-from-2001-music-mp3-p

• Love 1

2 hours ago, VbFolly said:

Did that and it shows 10 sales for today $ each!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassius said:

Did that and it shows 10 sales for today $ each!

Well done! I had a few $ sales early this morning, then another better priced one at about 4pm. The trouble is that once you know how to check your sales in real time, you keep doing it all day!

• Like 1

Final reported licence, waving goodbye to a poor month.

Mid $ Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial, For editorial use only in publications printed by Bella Royal Specials and Yours Royal Specials and published on associated digital and social media platforms
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Start: 31 July 2023
Duration: Unlimited

meghan-markle-in-carriage-procession-after-the-royal-wedding-at-windsor-on-the-long-walk-duchess-of-sussex-wedding-dress-tiara-and-veil-waving-MP0GFX.jpg

• Like 2

Last of the month, part of my own garden taken last July.

view-over-a-small-exotic-garden-in-plymo

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 18 June 2023
End: 19 June 2023
One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement in paper and online.

Reasonable $$

• Love 3

$$, just

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ; Media: Newspaper - national ; Print run: up to 2 million ; Placement: Inside and online ; Start: 06-June-2023 ; End: 07-June-2023 ;
Additional Details: One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement in paper and online.

Not my best $ of the month, but modernism floats my boat. Shot while the Steenbeck was earning me much more on set inside the building.

If it floats anyone else's, https://municipaldreams.wordpress.com/2014/06/17/hornsey-town-hall-crouch-end-the-quintessential-english-modern-public-building-of-the-decade/

hornsey-town-hall-1933-by-reginald-uren-hornsey-london-england-2ACRPJ8.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 2

pollen-covered-eastern-carpenter-bee-xyl

$250 Infringement - it says website use but it's actually the second time they've billed for a book with several Alamy images that was published over a year ago and which I brought to Alamy's attention last year. Unfortunately, they also reversed the same charge from January as well as a sale for the same image for $75 from a few months ago, on the same day this came through, leaving me at around $5 for the month, despite $330 in sales for July - and worse, my pending payouts have been above $160 for some months now with various additions and subtractions, but only a little under $20 has cleared. I've written to ask what's up with this and why the reversal and rebilling without collecting anything and the response is that they are looking into it. At this point, they ought to send me a copy of the book (on gardening - you'll understand better if you read *** below) along with payment. 

*** I planted bee balm from seed three years ago and finally two plants re-emerged this year and finally started to flower. I had a friend water my garden when I was away in May, only to discover soon after that the broadcast zinnia seeds I'd gotten had inert matter that was actually weeds - got some gorgeous zinnias but the sunflowers and echinacea seeds I'd planted in the same area were overwhelmed by the weeds. As I've had vertigo going on 9 weeks now, I'm very slowly getting it under control. Since it's mostly a mess and all the annuals are fighting with the weeds, I didn't ask my neighbor to water this past week when we went on vacation with our daughter and grandson (I had mostly good days, a few in bed from bad vertigo but more at the beach with the family). It was supposed to rain part of the week but only sprinkled a little one night (great for vacation), but while even my lettuces and tomatoes are doing well, and the zinnias are beautiful and beating out the weeds, the bee balm, perennial plants that have been established but that didn't bloom until this summer, completely dried up in the 7 days I was gone (and I watered the morning I left). I deadheaded them and am hoping maybe something will pop up but I'm not counting on it since the flowers were barely starting when I left and I had dried balls upon my return . Next year, I buy established plants if I want perennials.

• Love 1

Exterior of Wagamama Restaurant in St Peter's Square, city centre Manchester, UK; people walking past are blurred owing to slow camera shutter speed. $. I do like it when there is no issue with people in the frame staring suspiciously at us as to why we are 'taking their photo'. Having been asked twice in 2 days: 'Are the photos for news?' by police officers and firemen, I have had cheap business cards printed to include the link to my Alamy port. They and we know that any photos can be 'evidence', a point I was very aware of when I came across 300 youths stampeding or, as the local paper, put it, 'rioting' in central Manchester, UK, recently. I am old and short and walk about alone and very cautious about being seen to potentially record evidence of crimes by energetic and rowdy teenagers who the Manchester Evening News reports as giving 'a good kicking' to anyone they dislike.  I am sure those of you who do 'news' are very well aware of this issue of our personal safety being the priority. I have been taking photos of street protests since 1972 and some are more confrontational than others, as you know. Crowds of youths stampeding in a city centre is completely unpredictable, compared to, say, an anti-racist march in Leicester, UK, in 1972, where I used a Zeiss Super Ikonta with black and white film. I like a big negative and I also want to stay alive. 

TRGN5W.jpg

• Love 2

On 26/07/2023 at 10:23, Allan Bell said:

OMG! Yes I know about this roundabout. but it is still confusing.  From the sign it looks like vehicles go the wrong way round the big roundabout in the middle of the little ones.

What is magic about this roundabout?  Is it vehicles disappear when using it never to be seen again?

Allan

It actually works well, i think there have been very few accidents on the roundabout over the years. Its name came from the children's television series. 

• Like 1