DACS payment delay

6 minutes ago, Bryan said:

How are these Alamy DACs payments manifesting themselves, I've not seen anything yet this year?

These are for those of us who do DACS ourselves.

Alamy worked-out DACS usually arrive later, presumably as it must take 'some' time to divvy up the pie.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On 04/11/2022 at 20:45, John Mitchell said:

I file my own DACS claim, and I haven't received payment yet. However, I did get an email from DACS awhile ago saying that the funds would be sent soon. Anyone else in Canada (or the USA) in the same boat?

John, I came on here to ask the same question of my fellow Americans and you Canadians, wondering if we were all in the same boat. I got an email last week on Tuesday Nov 1, saying my payment would arrive during the week with an email statement by week's end. Nothing in my account and no statement to date. I have done DACS on my own for quite a few years now, so receive direct payment. 

2 hours ago, Marianne said:

John, I came on here to ask the same question of my fellow Americans and you Canadians, wondering if we were all in the same boat. I got an email last week on Tuesday Nov 1, saying my payment would arrive during the week with an email statement by week's end. Nothing in my account and no statement to date. I have done DACS on my own for quite a few years now, so receive direct payment. 

Same on West Coast US

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Marianne said:

Same in Spain. No payment, no statement.

• Thanks 1

In my account on the 2nd November.

Always claimed direct.

2021 £242.79

2022 £199.99

So down nearly 20%.

Still not bad for a few hours research/work.

John.

• Love 1

16 hours ago, Marianne said:

Nothing today either. Things sure are taking awhile, which could be a blessing in disguise. The quicker I get it, the quicker I spend it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JohnSStewart said:

I got a notice a payment would be made on November 1 but nothing has shown up yet. So, how long does it usually take for US contributors?

Are your payment details correct Sounds like it's your first payment so worth checking.

Hi All, 

DACS were delayed in distributing their funds this year as some of you may be aware. This has meant payments from the DACS team will be posted to contributors in the next payment run which is early December. 

Thanks, 

Alamy 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Hi All, 

DACS were delayed in distributing their funds this year as some of you may be aware. This has meant payments from the DACS team will be posted to contributors in the next payment run which is early December. 

Thanks, 

Alamy 

Thanks for letting us know, will the payments appear on our statements? 

I emailed DACS yesterday, and got this odd response (see below) saying that I need to supply an HRMC Residency Certificate. I've never been asked this before. In fact, I don't even know what an HRMC Residency Certificate is. 😕

Dear Payback Claimant, 

We are still waiting to receive your HMRC Residency Certificate. Please send this to us in order for us to process your claim.

Edited by John Mitchell

13 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I emailed DACS yesterday, and got this odd response (see below) saying that I need to supply an HRMC Residency Certificate. I've never been asked this before. In fact, I don't even know what an HRMC Residency Certificate is. 😕

Dear Payback Claimant, 

We are still waiting to receive your HMRC Residency Certificate. Please send this to us in order for us to process your claim.

Someone has a wire crossed. AFAICS CoRs are only for UK residents with foreign income to avoid double taxation.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/get-a-certificate-of-residence

"You can apply for a CoR if:

• you’re classed as a resident of the UK"

SAATA*

(*sorry about all the acronyms)

Edited by spacecadet

4 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Someone has a wire crossed. AFAICS CoRs are only for UK residents with foreign income to avoid double taxation.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/get-a-certificate-of-residence

"You can apply for a CoR if:

• you’re classed as a resident of the UK"

SAATA*

(*sorry about all the acronyms)

Thanks for the info. That's what I figured. There appear to be a number of short circuits at DACS this year. 😬