DACS payment delay

The last two years direct DACS payments were made on 30 Sept. 

I've just had an email from them saying that this year payments will be delayed:

I am writing to you regarding your impending Payback royalty payment, which we usually distribute to members in early October. 

Unfortunately, this year your payment will be slightly delayed, as we are in the process of implementing a new operating system. We are sorry that this has impacted the payment date this year, but please be assured, we are still aiming to distribute royalties in October.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 1

On 01/10/2022 at 11:05, spacecadet said:

I regard it as free money anyway, and at least we get an email. PAlamy just pay late.

😀

Allan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received today 27th Oct

Dear Ian, 

I am writing to update you on your impending Payback royalty payment, which we usually distribute to members in early October.    

I am pleased to report that we have successfully run the royalty allocation and the team are currently undertaking some final checks before we make payments to ensure accuracy.  

While we remain unable to provide you with a confirmation of precisely when payments will be made, we want to assure you that we will be making payments next week.  

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to you and we will be in touch soon with an update once payments are underway.   
  
Please do email us or call the Payback line on the number below if you have any questions following this email. Once again, we apologise for this delay, and thank you for your continued co-operation whilst we prepare your payments.   

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Today: 'I am pleased to update you that you will be receiving your annual Payback royalty payment in the next few days. Your royalty statement will also be emailed to you by the end of this week. 
I would like to thank you again for your patience while we implemented our new operating system and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.'

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

DACS told me "Next few days" and email statement by Saturday. I assume this week.

Allan

Are you all getting round-robin emails from Dacs? Or are these in response to individual contact? I'm not getting any general emails, but I was in touch with them last week because I changed my email address. I was told that payment would be this week.

Edited by Steve Valentia

6 hours ago, CandyAppleRed Images said:

Mine also in, down to £86 from £110 last year and lowest since 2018.

Annoying but still money for nowt at the end of the day.

Don't regard it as "money for nowt" – time, gear, travel, utility costs etc. all needed to produce those images that are being copied /used elsewhere so it is welcome income

Down 30% on 2021 payment.

• Thanks 3