Image submission fee?

Dave Colman

Question

I uploaded images yesterday and today my account balance is at -$8 because I got charged $2 per image for submission fees. What's going on, are we having to pay upfront for uploaded images now?  please tell me it's an error

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

They are the one who picked that date, so I don't buy the "coincidence" excuse.  When they saw it would fall on a Friday, they could have easily delayed it.  

Doesn't the first year of the new contract renew near the end of the month as they had to make changes so made the 45 days notice coming from the middle of June which would made the new contract last year start near the end of July 2021.  Would have to look it up.  But I know they had to move the date from July 1st.

Jill

16 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

Doesn't the first year of the new contract renew near the end of the month as they had to make changes so made the 45 days notice coming from the middle of June which would made the new contract last year start near the end of July 2021.  Would have to look it up.  But I know they had to move the date from July 1st.

Jill

They New contract was only effective July 24th, 2021. There is no "renewal" of the contract, it is in place until amended with 45 day notice.

That contract sets Contract Year as July 1 to July 1.  They could have picked any date. 

Edited by meanderingemu

14 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

They New contract was only effective July 24th, 2021. There is no "renewal" of the contract, it is in place until amended with 45 day notice.

That contract sets Contract Year as July 1 to July 1.  They could have picked any date. 

I was thinking in terms of people changing income levels.  The one year would go from the 24rth wouldn't it?

Jill

22 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

I was thinking in terms of people changing income levels.  The one year would go from the 24rth wouldn't it?

Jill

I think so too but somebody reported a sale with Alamy's commission at 80%. What a mess.

Paulette

1 hour ago, Jill Morgan said:

Jill

Contract only requires 45 days notice to change income.  Most of us with exclusive images got the change last year.  Alamy could have written the contract that level applied as of July 24, 2021 based on what ever basis they wanted to set.   

Sadly this is all the protection the agreement allows us.  

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

I think so too but somebody reported a sale with Alamy's commission at 80%. What a mess.

Paulette

I am the last one who wants to defend Alamy, but this is exactly the contract change people agreed to July 24th, 2021, that effective July 1, 2022 people's level would be determined based on the Gross Licencing fee for the 12 months period from Prior July 1 to June 30. 

From a Contract part, Alamy met their obligation of giving 45 days notice of this change. 

8 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

If Alamy ever really institutes a submission fee, that would definitely spell the end of me contributing.

Michael, I suspect it wouldn't just be you, more likely all contributors that are still uploading or intend too. 

• Like 1

Hi All,

The submission fees that have occurred are a technical glitch that we are working to rectify as soon as possible. These relate to an old commission model from the past. 

If you've seen these entries within your account, they will be reversed and these charges will not take place. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and can confirm that these relate to an old model and is not the way Alamy currently work or are planning to in the future. 

Thanks,

Alamy 

• Love 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Alamy said:

not the way Alamy currently work or are planning to in the future. 

Although I do accept the explanation, increasing Alamy's commission it has to be said that increasing Alamy's commission to 50%.........then 60%- was "not the way Alamy currently work or are planning to in the future."

Edited by spacecadet
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Although I do accept the explanation, increasing Alamy's commission it has to be said that increasing Alamy's commission to 50%.........then 60%- was "not the way Alamy currently work or are planning to in the future."

Indeed!

Phil

Hi All,

We can confirm that this technical error has now been fixed and the charges have been reversed and will show as a refund in your 'account balance' page.

We apologise for any confusion caused around this.

Many thanks,

Alamy 

• Love 1

can't help but wonder that if while someone was keywording a couple large batches and an image got selected by mistake and got marked as having a model release and being exclusive and then got licensed  . 

Im wondering if a simple apology would do Alamy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dunstun365 said:

I had that too. It was an error the money was refunded

Why are we resurrecting this OLD thread?

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell