Image submission fee?

Dave Colman

Question

I uploaded images yesterday and today my account balance is at -$8 because I got charged $2 per image for submission fees. What's going on, are we having to pay upfront for uploaded images now?  please tell me it's an error

• Like 3

Please is this a new addition image submission fee what is this and how much it will deduct on image submission. Is this new policy for alamy now onwards....

images usually dont sell like hot cakes it take time to build up money charging 2 dollar will give a set back i dont understand this 2dollar policy alamy should give us a clue about this new petrol hike....... this should be stopped or charge for a number of mages or keep minimum as possible

Edited by Fahad

Already alamy gets about 70% of our sales money as commission. So alamy should give us a clue about this new petrol hike. I really ashamed .....

Edited by Fahad
  • Thanks 1

image submission policy will discourage us and new artist to upload new artwork from now on because we dont get a lot of sales every month and new work need to be uploaded in order to make a sale for new trend .....

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Imagine someone uploads 1,000 photos and has to pay $2,000 for submission fees. It reminds me on the German banks who had negative interest rates. So if you had $200,000 on your bank account, you had to pay $750 to the bank and that did not include the other banking fees that where added on top.

I wouldn't worry too much about it... it's likely a glitch tied with accounts being downgraded to Alamy Silver. the $2 submission fee was discontinued 20 yrs ago when Alamy retired the Alamy Red model.  I'm guessing somebody at Big A cut and pasted some old code, renamed it silver, and didn't debug it correctly  🤷  they'll probably fix it next week or something...

btw, you can read the contributor contract at this link

https://www.alamy.com/terms/contributor.aspx

any new changes, they give us some time to review it.

Edited by sooth
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 3

Something like this happened last year as well. It is a glitch in the system. There used to be a fee apparently back in the early days of Alamy but see what Sooth says. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pekka Liukkonen said:

If I delete those recently uploaded images, do they remove the submission fee too...

don't know if the same policy is reversed on image deletion because alamy didnt mentioned this policy in contract via versa...

Edited by Fahad

Please , dear members if this submission fee fault is removed / cleared from alamy then kindly inform us in this forum so that we can upload our work till then i m not uploading or upload .....my artwork on my own discretion .......

Edited by Fahad

It is only a problem for people with a positive balance though, as Alamy has no way of actually charging contributors money. So if the fees make your balance go below zero, you should not be worried at all. No Paypal money request will go through without your approval.

24 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Whether it's old code, new beta testing or whatever, it's extremely unprofessional from Alamy on top of all the other IT problems we've seen recently. We get paid less and the service gets worse. There needs to be some positive change at Alamy and quickly.

Not just unprofessional it's totally unacceptable and they really need to get their s*** together!

Phil

• Like 2

Posts from last year's similar errors. That older dormant code is active again it seems.  It is very poor from Alamy to allow this to happen again as this could cause a lot of unnecessary stress. 

Edited by MDM
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, MDM said:

Posts from last year's similar errors. That older dormant code is active again it seems.  It is very poor from Alamy to allow this to happen again as this could cause a lot of unnecessary stress. 

Also if this link to introduction of the Silver level, really bad decision yet again to chose a Friday as the implementation day, increasing chance no one will be around to address any bugs when contributors encounter them.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

Also if this link to introduction of the Silver level, really bad decision yet again to chose a Friday as the implementation day, increasing chance no one will be around to address any bugs when contributors encounter them.

Friday was the 1st of July so probably just coincidence. Still very poor that the bug has survived though - maybe a new variant?

Edited by MDM

-10$ so far, but I just uploaded more... There is another feature to fix. When clicking for images stats 'Your images'->'pseudonym I get "Sorry, we've encountered an unexpected error", but then "Your sales" or "Your zooms" work...

1 hour ago, MDM said:

Friday was the 1st of July so probably just coincidence. Still very poor that the bug has survived though - maybe a new variant?

They are the one who picked that date, so I don't buy the "coincidence" excuse.  When they saw it would fall on a Friday, they could have easily delayed it.