Jump to content

Integration with other Platforms


Recommended Posts

Teaming up with something like Oxford University Images. Collection of historic and contemporary images (mostly Oxford themed)

https://www.oxforduniversityimages.com/

 

Not far from Alamy HQ, and Alamy has a good relationship with the educational sector I believe ?

 

...or maybe teaming up with someone like Photobox, and allowing consumers to search for a subject matter to be printed on to a mug/calender/cushion etc.

This rather than a consumer buying a Personal Use licence, and then going to someone with the image file to have the mug/calender/cushion printed on.

 

Just a couple of thoughts 🤔

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Teaming up with something like Oxford University Images. Collection of historic and contemporary images (mostly Oxford themed)

https://www.oxforduniversityimages.com/

 

Not far from Alamy HQ, and Alamy has a good relationship with the educational sector I believe ?

 

...or maybe teaming up with someone like Photobox, and allowing consumers to search for a subject matter to be printed on to a mug/calender/cushion etc.

This rather than a consumer buying a Personal Use licence, and then going to someone with the image file to have the mug/calender/cushion printed on.

 

Just a couple of thoughts 🤔

 

Partnering with a business that produces products with images definitely has potential. The cut for contributors would inevitably go down, but the sales volume would doubtless go up. I'd rejoin PU in a shot.

Edited by losdemas
If to I'd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, PAL Media said:

I would absolutely love a UK based Fine Art America type integration!

 

There is one but only does wall art. Not other items like mugs etc.

 

Allan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

 

 

Indeed, and thanks for the extremely literal answer.

 

What might it mean it terms of implementation? What other platforms to be potentially integrated with? 

 

Some kind if integration with portfolio sites like PhotoShelter perhaps? Not sure how this would work, though, or what it might accomplish.

Edited by John Mitchell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colin Woods said:

Yes, this had a distinct flavour of the old forum when I was looking yesterday.

Those were the days after I first joined, when I would have slit my throat before posting a question. I’ve seen the forum sliding in that direction in the last year or longer, I’m sorry to say.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/12/2020 at 13:38, geogphotos said:

"Integration with other Platforms"

 

What could this mean?

 

Speculation encouraged.

 

Possibly 'Print on Demand' for the consumer market?

 

Did I miss a big announcement or something? .. don't have a clue why you are asking this hence the question! 😞

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

 

Did I miss a big announcement or something? .. don't have a clue why you are asking this hence the question! 😞

 

 

I think (?) this might have mentioned in the recent video.

 

It alludes to social media platforms perhaps? I'm not even sure what a "platform" is. I thought it was something you stood on. 🙃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/12/2020 at 07:38, geogphotos said:

"Integration with other Platforms"

 

What could this mean?

 

Speculation encouraged.

 

Possibly 'Print on Demand' for the consumer market?

 

In the EoY video I noted that video was mentioned as being considered going forward.

 

Maybe integrate with one of the existing video clip providers instead of rolling their own.   I know at least one that share with other platforms.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.