Integration with other Platforms

Teaming up with something like Oxford University Images. Collection of historic and contemporary images (mostly Oxford themed)

https://www.oxforduniversityimages.com/

Not far from Alamy HQ, and Alamy has a good relationship with the educational sector I believe ?

...or maybe teaming up with someone like Photobox, and allowing consumers to search for a subject matter to be printed on to a mug/calender/cushion etc.

This rather than a consumer buying a Personal Use licence, and then going to someone with the image file to have the mug/calender/cushion printed on.

Just a couple of thoughts 🤔

5 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Teaming up with something like Oxford University Images. Collection of historic and contemporary images (mostly Oxford themed)

https://www.oxforduniversityimages.com/

Not far from Alamy HQ, and Alamy has a good relationship with the educational sector I believe ?

...or maybe teaming up with someone like Photobox, and allowing consumers to search for a subject matter to be printed on to a mug/calender/cushion etc.

This rather than a consumer buying a Personal Use licence, and then going to someone with the image file to have the mug/calender/cushion printed on.

Just a couple of thoughts 🤔

Partnering with a business that produces products with images definitely has potential. The cut for contributors would inevitably go down, but the sales volume would doubtless go up. I'd rejoin PU in a shot.

Edited by losdemas
If to I'd

19 minutes ago, PAL Media said:

I would absolutely love a UK based Fine Art America type integration!

There is one but only does wall art. Not other items like mugs etc.

Allan

38 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Indeed, and thanks for the extremely literal answer.

What might it mean it terms of implementation? What other platforms to be potentially integrated with? 

Some kind if integration with portfolio sites like PhotoShelter perhaps? Not sure how this would work, though, or what it might accomplish.

Edited by John Mitchell

1 hour ago, Colin Woods said:

Yes, this had a distinct flavour of the old forum when I was looking yesterday.

Those were the days after I first joined, when I would have slit my throat before posting a question. I’ve seen the forum sliding in that direction in the last year or longer, I’m sorry to say.

• Love 1

On 20/12/2020 at 13:38, geogphotos said:

"Integration with other Platforms"

What could this mean?

Speculation encouraged.

Possibly 'Print on Demand' for the consumer market?

Did I miss a big announcement or something? .. don't have a clue why you are asking this hence the question! 😞

31 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Did I miss a big announcement or something? .. don't have a clue why you are asking this hence the question! 😞

I think (?) this might have mentioned in the recent video.

It alludes to social media platforms perhaps? I'm not even sure what a "platform" is. I thought it was something you stood on. 🙃

On 20/12/2020 at 07:38, geogphotos said:

"Integration with other Platforms"

What could this mean?

Speculation encouraged.

Possibly 'Print on Demand' for the consumer market?

In the EoY video I noted that video was mentioned as being considered going forward.

Maybe integrate with one of the existing video clip providers instead of rolling their own.   I know at least one that share with other platforms.