My Jammed RX100/6?

8 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Michael, do you find that the RX10 with the 24-600 helps with PR for clients? 

Not sure I understand your question.  I mostly use it on personal travel trips and weekend drives.  I did use it, along with my Nikon D850, on a multi day Williamsburg, Virginia tourism shoot.  

I have the RX 10 M4, and the  RX100 M4 and M6. On thé long ends, I haven’t had problems with the first two, but I have with the RX100 M6. Not sure if it’s just me, or the camera. I recently bought a grip to attach to the side in the hopes it will help me hold the camera steadier. 

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Not sure I understand your question.  I mostly use it on personal travel trips and weekend drives.  I did use it, along with my Nikon D850, on a multi day Williamsburg, Virginia tourism shoot.  

If I were working on an assignment with the client along, I would not want to be using a tiny RX100. Bad PR. But the 24-600 on your RX10 would impress, I think. 

2 hours ago, Cecile Marion said:

I have the RX 10 M4, and the  RX100 M4 and M6. On thé long ends, I haven’t had problems with the first two, but I have with the RX100 M6. Not sure if it’s just me, or the camera. I recently bought a grip to attach to the side in the hopes it will help me hold the camera steadier. 

Hmm. Are you viewing with the back screen, Cecile? I alway use the viewfinder. 

9 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

If I were working on an assignment with the client along, I would not want to be using a tiny RX100. Bad PR. But the 24-600 on your RX10 would impress, I think. 

Oh right. I shoot with my Nikon D850 on nearly all my magazine work.  The only time I have used my Sony RX 10, with a client along with me, was that Williamsburg shoot.  I do have the RX 100 but have not been using it so much, but it is a great little camera!

My Sony RX100/6 came back to life this morning. Briefly. I had it sitting in my Domke for over a week without a battery installed. I put in a battery and turned it on. Everything worked fine. I changed the battery to another one and turned the camera back on. Nothing worked. It turned on but none of the functions worked. I changed back to the other battery. Again, nothing worked.

A strange and frustrating business. 

The outfit in London that MDM suggested sending the camera to are not servicing Sony products at this time. 

Edited by Ed Rooney

My guess is that yours is still under warranty, like mine? Here the current warranty is 5 years. Mine only came with 3 yrs if I remember correctly. That 5 years looks to be a promotion.

Anyway there's a repair center locator on the Sony website somewhere. Here I don't need the locator: we only have one for the whole country. Oops there a list of 7 now. Maybe not all are doing cameras. I get a localized page of course, but on your UK Sony support page, the locator is in the footer behind the Repair, Warranty & Spare Parts button. Maybe better to contact Sony support first in these times.

wim

• Like 1

Thanks, Wim. I'll get together the info I think I need to converse with them—both my passports, my birth certificate, my NY non-driving licence, my Barclay's bank card, a list of my favourite recordings, and a snapshot of my Mexican Day of the Dead tee-shirt. 

11 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Thanks, Wim. I'll get together the info I think I need to converse with them—both my passports, my birth certificate, my NY non-driving licence, my Barclay's bank card, a list of my favourite recordings, and a snapshot of my Mexican Day of the Dead tee-shirt. 

:lol:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mysteriously, my RX100-6 started working again today. I carried it around, turned it on and off several time, used a number of functions, yet it kept working. I'm not confident that it will continue to do so. 

I enjoy kit when it works, hate it when it does not. 

15 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Mysteriously, my RX100-6 started working again today. I carried it around, turned it on and off several time, used a number of functions, yet it kept working. I'm not confident that it will continue to do so. 

It's obviously reacting to the easing of lockdown restrictions.

On 10/07/2020 at 17:36, Ed Rooney said:

It is feeling sorry for you after you said you weren't enjoying photography so much just now.

Cameras are psychic.

Allan

On 10/07/2020 at 11:56, Ed Rooney said:

🤪

Be sure you tell her how much you love her and the pictures she produces.  And sing her a love song if you have a voice that won’t crack the front of the lens.

I told "her" or "it" that is she didn't start working again, I would drop her in the River Mersey. 

"A voice that won't crack the front of the lens"? Hmmm. This boyo once cut a record for Decca and played the clubs in Greenwich Village in the folk revival of the early '60s. 

7 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I told "her" or "it" that is she didn't start working again, I would drop her in the River Mersey. 

"A voice that won't crack the front of the lens"? Hmmm. This boyo once cut a record for Decca and played the clubs in Greenwich Village in the folk revival of the early '60s. 

Not only has Ed been there, done that and got the T-shirt, I think he might have invented T-shirts.

Edited by spacecadet

7 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I’m surprised “she” didn’t miraculously jump from your hands and give you a crack on the noggin. She mustn’t respond to threats like I do.

I knew you had a voice. That was then. I used to have a decent voice, only decent. Sang as one of a trio for various gatherings and sang solo a few times by request.

Alas, my asthma cough and “life” has affected it. So can you still croon? Maybe one out of ten of my attempts are decent. I’d probably crack a lens. :D An ENT once told me my vocal cords were very irritated and inflamed. I don’t think that’s changed.

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

I too have cough-variant asthma. Can I still croon? Hmm. Did I ever croon? Hmmmmm. It's been awhile. Do I miss show biz? Nah. 

This has all the makings of a live online video duet. 

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I'll need a nap first.

Zzzzzzz....snort...I’m awake now. Are you, Edo? Let’s give it a croak. You sing melody, I’ll harmonize.

Edited by Betty LaRue

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

OK.

figaro figaro figaro figaro figaro figaaarooooooo! Ahimè, che furia! Ahimè, che folla!

I didn't know you could sing in french.😃

Allan

That reminds me, What is the capital of France?  F

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell