My Jammed RX100/6?

21 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I didn't know you could sing in french.😃

Allan

That reminds me, What is the capital of France?  F

ITMA

Je ne parle pas français is 86.9% of my French. Their capital? Yeah, that's . . . give me a minute.

12 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

OK.

figaro figaro figaro figaro figaro figaaarooooooo! Ahimè, che furia! Ahimè, che folla!

Ahh. I wanted to sing “Boot-Scootin’ Boogie“ or  “Blue Eyes Cryin’ in the Rain”. Or even “For the Good Times”.

Oh, well, cultural differences.
I would have even settled for “Lady in Red”. How about, “I Can't Live, if Livin’ is Without You?”
(Got a chuckle imagining Edo doing the Texas Two-Step to Boot-Scootin’ Boogie, let alone singing it! 😉) Which I’ve done...the dance, that is.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Boot+scootin+boogie&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Edited by Betty LaRue

28 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Ahh. I wanted to sing “Boot-Scootin’ Boogie“ or  “Blue Eyes Cryin’ in the Rain”. Or even “For the Good Times”.

Oh, well, cultural differences.
I would have even settled for “Lady in Red”. How about, “I Can't Live, if Livin’ is Without You?”
(Got a chuckle imagining Edo doing the Texas Two-Step to Boot-Scootin’ Boogie, let alone singing it! 😉) Which I’ve done...the dance, that is.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Boot+scootin+boogie&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Hey, I can dance the Texas Two-Step if someone else sings.  I took a two-step class some thirty years ago when I was dating a lass who was into that.  Had lots of fun.  I remember saying in my head "Quick quick...slow....slow" to keep my feet in rhythm. 

3 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Hey, I can dance the Texas Two-Step if someone else sings.  I took a two-step class some thirty years ago when I was dating a lass who was into that.  Had lots of fun.  I remember saying in my head "Quick quick...slow....slow" to keep my feet in rhythm. 

It was fun. Also did the C&W line dances, disco and all that. BeeGees were a fav. I look at the clothes of that era and do a face plant. But I did love my mocha silk disco pants, just like my jeans and western boots I had from riding our horses. (Had to clean the manure off first, though) Hated mucking out the barn.

41 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

It was fun. Also did the C&W line dances, disco and all that. BeeGees were a fav. I look at the clothes of that era and do a face plant. But I did love my mocha silk disco pants, just like my jeans and western boots I had from riding our horses. (Had to clean the manure off first, though) Hated mucking out the barn.

Had a photo assignment, back in the late 80’s, in Nashville, and took the opportunity to buy two nice pair of cowboy boots, one light brown suede and one black leather with that classic stitching.  The came in handy for the two-step classes.

19 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Singing in close harmony and now dancing the Texas two-step? What's next? Will I be expected to juggle? 

Yes while standing on your head.

Allan

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Singing in close harmony and now dancing the Texas two-step? What's next? Will I be expected to juggle? 

I think Betty is hinting at matching "mocha silk disco pants" Ed. Do you happen to have a pair?

Edited by Shergar

16 hours ago, Shergar said:

I think Betty is hinting at matching "mocha silk disco pants" Ed. Do you happen to have a pair?

:D :lol: I’m deserting you, Ed. Gonna do the Texas two-step with Michael. He knows how, and maybe his boots aren’t worn out.

Remember my pies? I’m making one in the morning. Apple...Granny Smith apples. Cinnamon, white and brown sugar. Homemade flaky crust. The house will smell good.

My son-in-law found out today a coworker has tested positive. Son-in-law was over last night fixing something for me before he knew. We stood close during a conversation and hugged when he left. I’m so over this. I’ve been staying in otherwise, for the most part. Ran into the store for 3 items a week ago, all masked up. I did pick up my taxes at the CPA’s this afternoon which was as long as it took to pay him for services.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Ohhhh. Hugging. I remember what that was.. sigh.

Paulette

Me too.😢

Allan

7 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

:D :lol: I’m deserting you, Ed. Gonna do the Texas two-step with Michael. He knows how, and maybe his boots aren’t worn out.

Remember my pies? I’m making one in the morning. Apple...Granny Smith apples. Cinnamon, white and brown sugar. Homemade flaky crust. The house will smell good.

My son-in-law found out today a coworker has tested positive. Son-in-law was over last night fixing something for me before he knew. We stood close during a conversation and hugged when he left. I’m so over this. I’ve been staying in otherwise, for the most part. Ran into the store for 3 items a week ago, all masked up. I did pick up my taxes at the CPA’s this afternoon which was as long as it took to pay him for services.

Betty Do you ever make your apple pies with shortcrust pastry?

Yum Yum.

Sorry to hear about your son-in-laws cow worker. After that chat and hug you will be a little anxious I suppose. I know I would be.

Allan

Sadly, those boots didn't make it thru the thirty + years since I bought them.  I always think of the old Nancy Sinatra song when I think of them.

Hope you stay healthy and virus free Betty!

Edited by Michael Ventura

When I lived in Dallas, I of course had a pair of boots, listened to Willie, and did the 2-step. In fact, I perfected the Brooklyn-Dallas one-and-a-half-step, a thing of beauty. All forgotten now, along with lots of other stuff. I'll trade all my half memories for a generous slice of Betty's apple pie.

10 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

When I lived in Dallas, I of course had a pair of boots, listened to Willie, and did the 2-step. In fact, I perfected the Brooklyn-Dallas one-and-a-half-step, a thing of beauty. All forgotten now, along with lots of other stuff. I'll trade all my half memories for a generous slice of Betty's apple pie.

It turned out great, if I do say so. Just a memory now. Shared with family, then took my neighbor a big slice. I’ve lifted a slab of barbecued baby-back ribs and apple pie over my back fence this week.
Nothing better than Willie, Ed. All the employees of the 2 doctors I worked for and our spouses saw him in concert, open air, in Tulsa once. The doctors and wives, too. What a gorgeous evening! Slight breeze, 75 degrees and a full moon. And wow, the music. We loaded everyone in two conversion vans, had catered bbq and fixings, one doctor played his guitar and we sang Willie songs all the way. He hopped from one van to another to entertain us. It was a blast.

Michael, that song you mentioned.  I had a pair of white go-go boots at that time.  Nancy Sinatra was a one-hit wonder.

Edited by Betty LaRue

15 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

It turned out great, if I do say so. Just a memory now. Shared with family, then took my neighbor a big slice. I’ve lifted a slab of barbecued baby-back ribs and apple pie over my back fence this week.
Nothing better than Willie, Ed. All the employees of the 2 doctors I worked for and our spouses saw him in concert, open air, in Tulsa once. The doctors and wives, too. What a gorgeous evening! Slight breeze, 75 degrees and a full moon. And wow, the music. We loaded everyone in two conversion vans, had catered bbq and fixings, one doctor played his guitar and we sang Willie songs all the way. He hopped from one van to another to entertain us. It was a blast.

Michael, that song you mentioned.  I had a pair of white go-go boots at that time.  Nancy Sinatra was a one-hit wonder.

Yep, one hit....nothing like her crooner dad with his silky voice. 

Now I want some apple pie  🍎 🥧 !

13 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Betty Do you ever make your apple pies with shortcrust pastry?

Yum Yum.

Sorry to hear about your son-in-laws cow worker. After that chat and hug you will be a little anxious I suppose. I know I would be.

Allan

Allan, not familiar with the term “shortcrust“. I use 2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 2/3 cup shortening, 2 Tbsp diced cold butter. Cut in until crumbly, iced water added until it holds together, rolled out to size for 2 crust pie. I know the UK has different measurements, but you get the idea.

Allan, I’m trying not to think about Covid right now.  Que sera sera.
I’m actually battling a touch of systemic Candida at the moment.  It always simmers in my body and rears it’s ugly head periodically, usually when I’m exhausted or stressed.  It started when I was caregiving and I’ve not been able to 100% get rid of it. 
It attacks my my mouth, throat and lungs. I have a handle on it. I think.

Allan, not familiar with the term “shortcrust“. I use 2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 2/3 cup shortening, 2 Tbsp diced cold butter. Cut in until crumbly, iced water added until it holds together, rolled out to size for 2 crust pie. I know the UK has different measurements, but you get the idea.

Allan, I’m trying not to think about Covid right now.  Que sera sera.
I’m actually battling a touch of systemic Candida at the moment.  It always simmers in my body and rears it’s ugly head periodically, usually when I’m exhausted or stressed.  It started when I was caregiving and I’ve not been able to 100% get rid of it. 
It attacks my my mouth, throat and lungs. I have a handle on it. I think.

Betty I remember you saying in another post that you were seriously ill with Candida at one time. (Almost at deaths door.) I am sorry that you have a permanent infection and hope it clears up soon.

Allan

Just now, Allan Bell said:

Shortcrust pastry is crumbly and sweet. Sounds a bit like what you are making.

Allan

9 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Nancy Sinatra was a one

Yes, Nancy just tipped the toe of one boot in show biz. Frank Sinatra was the Number One entertainer of the 20th century. Bing Crosby once said, "Frank is a singer who comes along once in a lifetime, but why did he have to come in mine?" He was the Great American Songbook's greatest rep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8_yPG5I63M&list=PLNhd15AQwL21LKz5OGTBnq707dRYn_7oz&index=2

I've not had a proper piece of apple pie in these last two years wandering. There was a good pastry coffee house in NYC's Soho that could do it. 

Edited by Ed Rooney

Apologies for interrupting the party but just wanted to let Edo know that Fixation are now repairing Sony kit again including RX100 series if his camera should take a turn for the worse again. Fixation are very reliable and trustworthy authorised repairers.

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Frank Sinatra was the Number One entertainer of the 20th century. He was the Great American Songbook's greatest rep.

I never could feel the love for Sinatra's music but then I am a simple guy. Give me Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Jerry Garcia, Robert Hunter, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Dwight Yoakam, Vince Gill and countless other Americana representatives of the Great American Songbook any day. Each to his/her own 🤠.

Party on people .......

1 hour ago, MDM said:

Apologies for interrupting the party but just wanted to let Edo know that Fixation are now repairing Sony kit again including RX100 series if his camera should take a turn for the worse again. Fixation are very reliable and trustworthy authorised repairers.

I never could feel the love for Sinatra's music but then I am a simple guy. Give me Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Jerry Garcia, Robert Hunter, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Dwight Yoakam, Vince Gill and countless other Americana representatives of the Great American Songbook any day. Each to his/her own 🤠.

Party on people .......

I’m much the same. Frankie never charged my batteries. There were a handful of his songs I liked, but not so much the titles are seared in my brain. Most of his music was a tad too jazzy for me, and I’m not a fan of jazz. Dean Martin? Oh, yeah. But yes, Frank had a voice.

Ed, even here in the US I have had trouble ever finding decent pie in restaurants. There was a small diner in Ponca City, OK where we raised our kids that served pie like the womenfolk of my family baked. I usually got the coconut cream. Those places are like finding a pearl in a ton of pebbles.

The problem is when you’ve eaten the best, and my mother was a supreme pie maker, you compare everything against it, and 99% of restaurants out there don’t measure up. I’m thankful I had the best teacher in the world. I began my pie making at age 12.

These days, it’s almost impossible to find women who make their own pie crust. They take the frozen-from-the-supermarket route.

6 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Betty I remember you saying in another post that you were seriously ill with Candida at one time. (Almost at deaths door.) I am sorry that you have a permanent infection and hope it clears up soon.

Allan

Yes, I’ve been seriously ill with it 4 times. Since my life is less stressful now, the attacks are milder, but I do have to recognize when it begins and treat it, or it could get much worse. That’s why I have to take extra precautions, stay in, with Covid-19.