Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm making up a mix-tape of songs, suitable for a time of 'self-isolating' and 'social distancing'. So far I've got All by myself, by Eric Carmen and Don’t stand so close to me, by the Police. More suggestions, please...

Edited by John Morrison
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Toxic - Britney Spears

Poison - Alice Cooper

Murder on the dance floor - Sophie Ellis-Bextor 

Edited by Martyn
song added
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ghost Town, by the Specials.

Tired of being alone, by Al Green.

Stayin' Alive by the BeeGees.

Another one bites the dust, by Queen.

And a song no one wants to hear right now: The drugs don't work, by the Verve...

Edited by John Morrison
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, meanderingemu said:

Panic- The smiths....

 

"...will life ever be sane again....'

 

(actually most Smiths song)

 

 

Hand in Glove

Stop me if you think you've heard this one before (about the over information)

.

.

.

as long as we dont' get to "I know it's over"....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tired of being alone - Texas

Gone Away - Offspring

We are the pigs - Suede (Well the church bells are calling, Police cars on fire, And as they call you to the eye of the storm, All the people say "Stay at home tonight"...)

Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles

Everybody Hurts - REM

 

Good for spotting the decade someone was born in from their music choices ;)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turn! Turn! Turn! -- The Byrds

Eve of Destruction -- Barry McGuire

Tiptoe Through the Tulips -- Tiny Tim

 

I'm obviously a child of the 60's 🧔

 

P.S. I forgot Bad Moon Rising -- Creedence Clearwater Revival

 

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Turn! Turn! Turn! -- The Byrds

Eve of Destruction -- Barry McGuire

Tiptoe Through the Tulips -- Tiny Tim

 

I'm obviously a child of the 60's 🧔

 

P.S. I forgot Bad Moon Rising -- Creedence Clearwater Revival

 


Bad Moon Rising - was top of my list. 
Help  -  The Beatles

I’ll Never Get Out Of This World Alive - Hank Williams

Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door - Dylan version

 

And some more upbeat and caring ones
 

You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere  Byrds ‘  version

Ripple - The Grateful Dead

Brokedown Palace - The Grateful Dead

Keep On Truckin’ - The Grateful Dead

Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles

Imagine - John Lennon

Love’s Gonna Live Here Again - Buck Owens/ Dwight Yoakam

 

A few more uplifting songs:
 

Days - The Kinks

If I Needed You. - Townes van Zandt / Emmylou Harris

 

Edited by MDM
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

From the 50s possibly?

I’ll Never Get Out of This World Alive by Hank Williams.

Lyrics

Now, you're lookin' at a man that's gettin' kinda mad 
I had a lot a luck but it's all been bad 
No matter how I struggle and strive 
I'll never get out of this world alive…

 

Then by Hank Williams...I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry

Edited by Betty LaRue
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

From the 50s possibly?

 

Then by Hank Williams...I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry


That has got to be one of the saddest songs ever written. Hank Williams expressed such deep universal emotion in his lyrics and his voice. It brings tears to my eyes when I listen to it. He really had a way with words. 
 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MDM said:


Bad Moon Rising - was top of my list. 
Help  -  The Beatles

I’ll Never Get Out Of This World Alive - Hank Williams

Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door - Dylan version

 

And some more upbeat and caring ones
 

You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere  Byrds ‘  version

Ripple - The Grateful Dead

Brokedown Palace - The Grateful Dead

Keep On Truckin’ - The Grateful Dead

Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles

Imagine - John Lennon

Love’s Gonna Live Here Again - Buck Owens/ Dwight Yoakam

 

A few more uplifting songs:
 

Days - The Kinks

If I Needed You. - Townes van Zandt / Emmylou Harris

 

 

I admit that my list is a bit glum. However, I thought Tiptoe Through the Tulips was a fairly upbeat choice. It's a somewhat lighthearted take on social-distancing. 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta have some Vysotsky, listened to him today on my way back from photographing

closed churches and I always start out with the original Sympathy for the Devil by the

Stones.

 

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Nacke
addition
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

 

I admit that my list is a bit glum. However, I thought Tiptoe Through the Tulips was a fairly upbeat choice. It's a somewhat lighthearted take on social-distancing. 😊

 

I remember Tiny TIm but I have to admit I never listened to the lyrics. Just checked that out and yes - nice lyrics.

 

16 minutes ago, Chuck Nacke said:

I always start out with the original Sympathy for the Devil by the

Stones.

 

Chuck

 

Beggars Banquet was one of the first albums I ever bought. You could probably add No Expectations and Dear Doctor to the list. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.