10 Years and Still Counting

14 hours ago, Bill Kuta said:

I don't believe in jinxes, so I'll put this out there:  last week marked 10 years since my last QC failure. 

Well done. I've had just one during that period.

Alan

Ten years is impressive. I think it has been at least three or four years for me.

However, I always remind myself  that all it takes is one tiny sin like missing a dust spot, and it's back to purgatory.

Edited by John Mitchell

On 23/08/2019 at 20:51, Brian Yarvin said:

In my experience, stock photographers are very superstitious. You might want to get a lucky charm of some sort in order to keep your streak going.

Superstitious, me? Just because I never upload 13 images and see everything that happens as some kind of omen? 

Bill K, there were two lessons I learn while at my Time Warner copyediting retirement job: absolutely everyone makes a mistake once in awhile. And a good way to avoid mistakes is by doing just one thing at a time -- no multitasking. 

6 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Superstitious, me? Just because I never upload 13 images and see everything that happens as some kind of omen? 

Bill K, there were two lessons I learn while at my Time Warner copyediting retirement job: absolutely everyone makes a mistake once in awhile. And a good way to avoid mistakes is by doing just one thing at a time -- no multitasking. 

Best way to avoid mistskes, in my opinion, is not to do anythink.

Allan

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Bill, I fear you're thinging about this the wrong way.

'Thingy-ing about' (like thingy-me-jig  or Whatsit -- the Lancastrians heavily pronoucing the 'g')  [ is that a British term ??]

11 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

Ed, the new profile picture? Peaky blinders or Grapes of Wrath?

Truthfully? One of the oldest surviving pics from my earliest days with a camera. A homeless-but-friendly black guy playing Sonny Terry style blues on the Bowery in NYC in about 1960 or 61. I won some forgotten contest with the print. I'm using it here because I find that I can't take a selfie. 

15 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Truthfully? One of the oldest surviving pics from my earliest days with a camera. A homeless-but-friendly black guy playing Sonny Terry style blues on the Bowery in NYC in about 1960 or 61. I won some forgotten contest with the print. I'm using it here because I find that I can't take a selfie. 

Proper job!  I'll be thinking about that today and trying harder to engage with my subjects. 

James

I don't do much in the way of  casual portraits anymore either. For one thing, they take more time. I do Street, capturing subjects doing whatever they are doing. If I ever get settled, I plan to do more direct, eyeball-to-eyeball snaps. 

Give my warmest regards to Oxfordshire and the Cotswolds. Is The Black Prince in Woodstock still open? 

Edo

51 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I don't do much in the way of  casual portraits anymore either. For one thing, they take more time. I do Street, capturing subjects doing whatever they are doing. If I ever get settled, I plan to do more direct, eyeball-to-eyeball snaps. 

Give my warmest regards to Oxfordshire and the Cotswolds. Is The Black Prince in Woodstock still open? 

Edo

Edo, I don't know about the Black Prince but I'll take up the Challenge. I've only walked around Woodstock with a Camera once but it produced a licence for "The Feahers", nothing special just a record shot. Worth a return. Off to Thomas Hardy land today. Cheers

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I find that I can't take a selfie. 

At one point you had a portrait of yourself that was taken by a friend in San Miguel. It was very nice. Maybe you still have it?

Paulette

• Like 1