Vote for May's Challenge - The Thrill and Joy of Sport

Time to Vote for May's Thrill and Joy of Sport  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite photo, please don't vote for your photo even if it is exceptional! Poll closes on June 7th at midnight.

• Tee Cee AC6AF7 Triple Jump
    • AV Pics KDNEAR Wheelchaired Racer
    • Alan Beastall H9PG4E Rugby
    • Regis R16BXY Run Run Run
    • Sally MJ4DHE Horse Racing at Musselburgh
    • John Mitchell EA0CGR Beach Volleyball
    • Jill Morgan E3H511 Flyboarding
    • Malcolm Park F3NY6G World Cup Rugby

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/06/19 at 03:59

This has been the toughest culling for me.  I could have easily added another 8 or 10 images that deserved to be in the final cut.  The winner of this challenge takes on June's topic!  If you click on the first image, you can then scroll them all at a larger view (at least you can do this in Chrome).

1) Tee Cee AC6AF7 Triple Jump

Martin Rossiter crashes to earth in the triple jump Norwich Union World Trials and AAA Championships Stock Photo

2) AV Pics KDNEAR Wheelchaired Racer

Marcel Hug wheelchair athlete competing in wet 5000m T54 final at the World Para Athletics Championships in the Stock Photo

3) Alan Beastall H9PG4E Rugby

Male rugby union football player being tackled Stock Photo

4) Regis R16XBY Run Run Run

Silhouette of a man jogging between trees against a beach sunset. Stock Photo

5) Sally MJ4DHE Horse Racing at Musselburgh

Musselburgh, Scotland, 4 May 2018. Musselburgh Race Course, Musselburgh, East Lothian, Scotland, United Kingdom. Race horses thunder past at the afternoon flat racing meet. The 3.10 Jackson Boyd Lawyers-More than Just Handicap Stock Photo

6) John Mitchell EA0CGR Beach Volleyball

People playing beach volleyball at sunset, Kitsilano Beach, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Stock Photo

7) Jill Morgan E3H511 Flyboarding 

Male flyboarder doing a backflip at the North American Flyboard Championships in Toronto, Ontario, Canada Stock Photo

8- Malcolm Park  F3NY6G  World Cup Rugby

Twickenham Stadium, London, UK. 10th October, 2015. Taulupe Faletau of Wales leapfrogs team-mate Alun Wyn Jones Stock Photo

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Love 2

Hi Michael,

Thank you for including one of mine, I really didn't expect it, as sports is not really my thing.

And also, because I honestly believed that many photographs were much better than mine.

Good luck everybody.

• Love 1

Some fantastic pics there but the Wheelchaired Racer is a truly outstanding picture - WOW. Absolutely amazing and barring miracles between now and the close of the vote is the clear winner. Well done AV Pics 👏👏👏.

While it is not midnight there or here, I think it is safe to say that AV Pics Wheelchaired Racer is a winner!  Congrats AV Pics and the June Challenge is in your hands!  Thanks again for all the wonderful photos and to all those who voted!!!

Michael

• Love 1

Wow, thank you very much for selecting that image. I found that whole event an incredible experience, of people overcoming adversity. A little bit rain isn't going to put them off!

• Love 1