My first sale πŸ™‚

Liz Smith

You have a very good port so only lucky in that the imageΒ that sold was well spotted by the purchaser.

Β 

Allan

Β 

Β 

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 2

Congratulations! Well done!

You might sell even more if you put the scientific names for any animalsΒ or plantsΒ in your captions and tags. Most of my nature images are searched by the scientific names.

I know, it’s a pain, lol.

Betty

• Love 1

Yes, you really should put the latin names of all plants and animals in the caption and keywords. If you can't identify something then post the picture on the forum with a title like "Flower ID needed". This forum is awash with knowledge and helpful people and almost invariable someone can identify the object. I have seen flowers, trees, animals, tanks, planes, cars and helicopters all ID'd in a couple of days.

• Love 2

10 hours ago, Sharon said:

Very nice.. congratulations... maybe there`s hope for me one of these days :)

It's look like first sale come after ~ 6 months or more for new contributors, from what i read in forum.Β Β 

I am on 0 sales up to now (2.5 months from first upload here and 1200 pics up to now, 1038 views, 6 zooms total) ...Β 

Edited by peter_m
  • Love 1

On 13/03/2019 at 15:42, Liz Smith said:

Really chuffed I've had my first sale. I never really believed I'd ever sell one, despite trying x

Congratulations. Another tip I would give you is with the wildlife shots, as with all others,Β  always say in the caption where they are - county and UK is often sufficient, or evenΒ just UK

Β 

Kumar

13 hours ago, Sharon said:

Very nice.. congratulations... maybe there`s hope for me one of these days :)

You have some nice images here - keep uploading like this, and make sure your captions and keywords are good and you will get sales once numbers increase

Β 

Kumar

4 hours ago, Doc said:

You have some nice images here - keep uploading like this, and make sure your captions and keywords are good and you will get sales once numbers increase

Β 

Kumar

Thanks, Kumar... that means a lot coming from a longtime contributor. :)

9 hours ago, peter_m said:

It's look like first sale come after ~ 6 months or more for new contributors, from what i read in forum.Β Β 

I am on 0 sales up to now (2.5 months from first upload here and 1200 pics up to now, 1038 views, 6 zooms total) ...Β 

Good luck, Peter. :)

• Love 1

On 14/03/2019 at 20:47, Betty LaRue said:

Congratulations! Well done!

You might sell even more if you put the scientific names for any animalsΒ or plantsΒ in your captions and tags. Most of my nature images are searched by the scientific names.

I know, it’s a pain, lol.

Betty

Β 

Β 

is there a reason why veterans recommend Both in caption and tags?Β  I've been using tags with star for it.Β  so i should also put in in caption?

Why don't you test it. Note the position of an image in a search and then add it to the caption. Wait 24 hours for the update and then see if it has moved.

Β 

Paulette

On 16/03/2019 at 00:56, meanderingemu said:

Β 

Β 

is there a reason why veterans recommend Both in caption and tags?Β  I've been using tags with star for it.Β  so i should also put in in caption?

Way back, there were discussions about this and I took it in that searches were stronger if the important tags were included in both.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...