Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Really chuffed I've had my first sale. I never really believed I'd ever sell one, despite trying x

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done! With only 139 pix online, I reckon that's a good start...

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And after only 6 months. I think it took me a year and a half.

 

Paulette

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a lucky shot, so that's probably why x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You have a very good port so only lucky in that the image that sold was well spotted by the purchaser.

 

Allan

 

 

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/03/2019 at 17:42, Liz Smith said:

Really chuffed I've had my first sale. I never really believed I'd ever sell one, despite trying x

 

 

congratulations.  well done

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations! Well done!

You might sell even more if you put the scientific names for any animals or plants in your captions and tags. Most of my nature images are searched by the scientific names.

I know, it’s a pain, lol.

Betty

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, you really should put the latin names of all plants and animals in the caption and keywords. If you can't identify something then post the picture on the forum with a title like "Flower ID needed". This forum is awash with knowledge and helpful people and almost invariable someone can identify the object. I have seen flowers, trees, animals, tanks, planes, cars and helicopters all ID'd in a couple of days.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice.. congratulations... maybe there`s hope for me one of these days :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Sharon said:

Very nice.. congratulations... maybe there`s hope for me one of these days :)

It's look like first sale come after ~ 6 months or more for new contributors, from what i read in forum.  

I am on 0 sales up to now (2.5 months from first upload here and 1200 pics up to now, 1038 views, 6 zooms total) ... 

Edited by peter_m
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone. Thanks for the tip about Latin names, I will do this as soon as I can, thank you! x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/03/2019 at 15:42, Liz Smith said:

Really chuffed I've had my first sale. I never really believed I'd ever sell one, despite trying x

Congratulations. Another tip I would give you is with the wildlife shots, as with all others,  always say in the caption where they are - county and UK is often sufficient, or even just UK

 

Kumar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sharon said:

Very nice.. congratulations... maybe there`s hope for me one of these days :)

You have some nice images here - keep uploading like this, and make sure your captions and keywords are good and you will get sales once numbers increase

 

Kumar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Doc said:

You have some nice images here - keep uploading like this, and make sure your captions and keywords are good and you will get sales once numbers increase

 

Kumar

Thanks, Kumar... that means a lot coming from a longtime contributor. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, peter_m said:

It's look like first sale come after ~ 6 months or more for new contributors, from what i read in forum.  

I am on 0 sales up to now (2.5 months from first upload here and 1200 pics up to now, 1038 views, 6 zooms total) ... 

Good luck, Peter. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/03/2019 at 20:47, Betty LaRue said:

Congratulations! Well done!

You might sell even more if you put the scientific names for any animals or plants in your captions and tags. Most of my nature images are searched by the scientific names.

I know, it’s a pain, lol.

Betty

 

 

is there a reason why veterans recommend Both in caption and tags?  I've been using tags with star for it.  so i should also put in in caption?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't you test it. Note the position of an image in a search and then add it to the caption. Wait 24 hours for the update and then see if it has moved.

 

Paulette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/03/2019 at 00:56, meanderingemu said:

 

 

is there a reason why veterans recommend Both in caption and tags?  I've been using tags with star for it.  so i should also put in in caption?

Way back, there were discussions about this and I took it in that searches were stronger if the important tags were included in both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/03/2019 at 15:44, Betty LaRue said:

Way back, there were discussions about this and I took it in that searches were stronger if the important tags were included in both.

thank you.  I'll add them in descriptions.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

thank you.  I'll add them in descriptions.  

Captions and keywords.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to you... nice saleable images....ATB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.