Jump to content
John Mitchell

Everyday surrealism pics

Recommended Posts

Not only have we got "little people" running around in the woods down here in West Cork but apparently we now have "Unicorns" causing a traffic hazard!:mellow:

 

 

roadside-sign-warning-of-unicorn-or-unicorns-crossing-R3DAJ1.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

 

Not only have we got "little people" running around in the woods down here in West Cork but apparently we now have "Unicorns" causing a traffic hazard!:mellow:

 

 

They have those in Devon too!

 

horse-and-cart-road-warning-sign-thats-been-doctored-colyton-devon-BA744M.jpg

 

Alan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

 

They have those in Devon too!

 

horse-and-cart-road-warning-sign-thats-been-doctored-colyton-devon-BA744M.jpg

 

Alan

 

I see you have managed to domesticate yours.

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New, modern building built onto an older ruin. Larnaca, Cyprus

 

old-meets-modern-in-a-street-in-larnaca-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, aphperspective said:

 

I see you have managed to domesticate yours.

 

 

You can't have feral unicorns running around all over the place.

 

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

 

You can't have feral unicorns running around all over the place.

 

Alan

Absolutely frightening the holiday makers and cross breeding with the local horses, where would it all end!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Absolutely frightening the holiday makers and cross breeding with the local horses, where would it all end!

 

It probably won't end well. According to a new study (sanctioned by the White House), methane produced by domesticated unicorns has become a major contributor to nonexistent climate change. B)

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this monkey head in a limestone rock.

Don't really know what is doing in my Alamy collection though:)

 

 strange-shaped-limestone-rock-formation-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And this screaming man nearby. I must have something with rocks.

 

strange-shaped-limestone-rock-formation-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres one of mine quite similar to your first one, John - taken in Venice a good few years ago.

 

a-copule-sitting-by-the-canal-in-venice-italy-C1A3HG.jpg

 

 

Kumar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An old photo I never did anything with until recently but I always liked the sea serpent  look

 

 

An empty beach and a piece of drift wood shaped like a serpent providing a surreal feeling to the sceneStock Photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's one I shot a few years back. Not sure about the "everyday" aspect but it's certainly surreal.

 

rocks-sitting-in-a-calm-rockpool-on-the-

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Log floating in lake looks like eye of crocodile.

 

log-floating-in-lake-looks-like-alligator-PH55C3.jpg

 

 

Allan

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Log floating in lake looks like eye of crocodile.

 

log-floating-in-lake-looks-like-alligator-PH55C3.jpg

 

 

Allan

 

 

 

Looks like a "Tier 1" croc to me. B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MilesbeforeIsleep said:

And maybe this:

MCJD0E.jpg

 

I've seen images like this before. I find if you turn it upside down it is even more effective. For some reason it throws an element of doubt into the viewer.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

 

I've seen images like this before. I find if you turn it upside down it is even more effective. For some reason it throws an element of doubt into the viewer.

 

Allan

 

 

Of course.  You've literally turned their world upside down!   (Warning!  This may now be considered a hate crime.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MilesbeforeIsleep said:

Of course.  You've literally turned their world upside down!   (Warning!  This may now be considered a hate crime.)

Is cutting commission a hate crime?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An image uploaded today as the 'Brexit Betrayal' march passed by:

 

R7F07J.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign on a Bank door, bit of a worry if you needed cash?

 

 

bank-door-with-blue-on-white-closed-sign-due-to-faulty-safe-R7841H.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.