AIM update notes - **Updated Jan 2019**

16 minutes ago, mickfly said:

There still isn't a way to select ALL images though.

I sent an email December 20th asking for all my metadata to be sent to me as a CSV.,.. no reply!

It does not matter in which image you click 'Send me my data', the metadata (.CSV) of all the images are generated, at least it was in my test, if this is what you mean. I clicked on my last QC passed image.

All the best,

Andre

Edited by AM Chang
update

14 minutes ago, AM Chang said:

It does not matter in which image you click 'Send me my data', the metadata (.CSV) of all the images are generated, at least it was in my test, if this is what you mean. I clicked on my last QC passed image.

All the best,

Andre

Thanks Andre, I'll try that.

Vincent - CSV is brilliant. I might not get around to trying it for a while, as I start a new day-job on Monday, but I have been doing courses in Python and Machine Learning recently to reskill from C++ in today's market and there is just SO much you can do with a straightforward delimited text. Not to mention the command-line tools or what you can do in a spreadsheet application. With a list of original filenames you can line up your unsubmitted pictures for the next batch in a couple of seconds. Without, you're reduced to weeks of clicking back and forth and comparing thumbnails.

I will never understand why agencies have been so resistant to this simple cure.

Yes, very pleased with this csv also, if only to see the deficiencies in my keywording. captioning etc. In particular those where I haven't got around to adding supertags as I do all the basics in Lightroom but of course have to do supertags in AIM. Is this the self same csv that Alamy would have sent you if you'd asked for it? It will be a time saver for them as well I imagine.

Now, ungratefully, I'm already wanting more features. The ability to re-import the csv after manual editing perhaps, or failing that, the ability to find multiple images in AIM for editing by a comma-separated list of ids, just as you can in Lightroom.

4 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Is this the self same csv that Alamy would have sent you if you'd asked for it? 

Yes it is.

Now, ungratefully, I'm already wanting more features. The ability to re-import the csv after manual editing perhaps

We're working on that...

Cheers

James A

20 hours ago, mickfly said:

There still isn't a way to select ALL images though.

I sent an email December 20th asking for all my metadata to be sent to me as a CSV.,.. no reply!

Hi Mick,

I can see that our Image Management team emailed you back on the 21st with your spreadsheet - please check your junk mail folders.

Also, yes, we realise it's not clear enough that when you request the metatdata through AIM that you will get a CSV with ALL your data rather than just what you have selected. We're put an improvement in place to fix that.

Thanks

James A

• Love 1

21 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

It would be helpful if I could get in to my dashboard to use them though.:(

Allan

If you haven't done so already, please drop CR an email with some details of the problems you're facing. As far as I'm aware, we've got no problems on the site today in terms of being able to log in...

Thanks

James A

19 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Not sure we follow..?

Could you explain a bit further please?

Thanks

James A

Bit of confusion here, but like tarsierspectral said there is no non-exclusive selection possible under the attributes heading, (or at least we can't see it) just exclusive. For this to be helpful we need both selection options.

4 hours ago, Vincent Lowe said:

The 'non-exclusive' filter tick-box is now available.

3 hours ago, tarsierspectral said:

Where is it?  I don't see it.

Edited by Sultanpepa

2 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Bit of confusion here, but like tarsierspectral said there is no non-exclusive selection possible under the attributes heading, (or at least we can't see it) just exclusive. For this to be helpful we need both selection options.

It's in there - maybe the rollout hasn't quite hit your account yet (but it should've..)

image.png

34 minutes ago, Alamy said:

If you haven't done so already, please drop CR an email with some details of the problems you're facing. As far as I'm aware, we've got no problems on the site today in terms of being able to log in...

Thanks

James A

Hi James, I am back in now. Must have been because of updating with the new tools.

Thanks, 

Allan

4 hours ago, tarsierspectral said:

Where is it?  I don't see it.

You may have to scroll down in the drop box below "Attributes".

Allan

• Love 1

Here's another interesting change for anyone who's missed it:  https://twitter.com/AlamyContent/status/1091025820842373121

"We've recently removed the ability to upload releases to the Alamy Image Manager. All you need to do now is state that you have one available and we'll be in touch if it's needed :)"

3 hours ago, Alamy said:

It's in there - maybe the rollout hasn't quite hit your account yet (but it should've..)

image.png

3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

You may have to scroll down in the drop box below "Attributes".

Allan

Restarted PC but still no sign of it. 

15 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

Restarted PC but still no sign of it. 

We've logged into your account through the public alamy.com site (not our internal one) and can see it there.

Please send contributors@alamy.com a screengrab of what you're seeing along with browser details etc so we can investigate further.

Thanks

James A

19 hours ago, Alamy said:

Yes it is.

We're working on that...

Cheers

James A

It could be possible to add a column with the submission name on the csv file?

I think it could be helpful.

Thank you.