AIM update notes - **Updated Jan 2019**

2 hours ago, Graham said:

Since the "Location" filed in the AIM Optional tab no longer works (and has never been searchable as far as I know), or at least is not connected to a map or auto-complete following the change to Google maps, can its link to Discoverability be disabled? 

An image does not show as fully "Optimized" unless something is entered into this field.  This now seems to be an exercise in futility, and it would be good if the link between Location content and Discoverability could be deleted so that the Location field can just be left empty without impacting on Discoverability.  I am not even sure why it is being retained at all if it does not work, is not searchable and appears no longer to do nothing useful.

I like to check that my images are Optimized as far as possible.  If they show as not fully Optimized, there should be a good reason and incentive to change it (e.g. remembering to put in the full quota of supertags), not just putting something (anything!) in a field that no longer has any relevance to anything.

Graham

+1

Possibly better to delete the discoverability thing altogether (as it encourages keyword spamming which helps nobody, thereby annoying customers and slowing down the search engine)

Alternatively revise it so that you only need to enter a minimum of 3 supertags, and 10 tags.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

Possibly better to delete the discoverability thing altogether (as it encourages keyword spamming which helps nobody, thereby annoying customers and slowing down the search engine)

Alternatively revise it so that you only need to enter a minimum of 3 supertags, and 10 tags.

Seconded!

• Love 1

• 1 month later...
On 05/02/2019 at 11:37, Harry Harrison said:

I've noticed that where I have a phrase as a tag then the csv export can comma separate the phrase. As far as I can see this is where the phrase is 4 or more words, 3 or less seems to be OK. 

e.g. R7J458 where "Saint Mary the Virgin" comes down in the csv as "Saint, Mary, the, Virgin"

Similarly PBX86K where "Chapelle de Notre Dame de Grace" comes down as "Chapelle,de,Notre,Dame,de,Grace"

On the site they look fine, you are allowed 4 or more words in a tag aren't you?

Sorry, just to be clearer, it still does this, means I can't use it really.

Similarly it still includes 'Failed batches', that seems unnecessary and so inevitably means that there will be duplicate filenames as all those images were uploaded successfully later. If you included another column in the export with the batch number then these failed batches could be filtered out and that would have other benefits also as you could go straight to that batch to update any captions or keywords etc.

• 1 month later...
On 14/02/2019 at 15:27, Alamy said:

Thanks for the feedback - we'll look into this.

Thanks Alamy, I didn't realise that you'd fixed this so don't know when you did it. So far I've noticed that...

Tags longer than 3 words are no longer downloaded broken down into separate comma-separated words in the keywords column

You've added an extra column for 'Status' which for all mine is 'On Sale'.

The download only contains data for active batches - no failed uploads

The file name is no longer the same zillion character string every time but is instead MyName_DDMMYYY.csv

I don't know if it is still work in progress but it's brilliant so far. Thanks!