Have you Found any Alamy Photographs October

6 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

Having a localised edition of  the Sun and The Times - both online and print - does dramatically improve the chances of getting Live News pix used if you're an Irish or Scottish based photographer....

km

True and they do use a lot of repeat usage for weather pics.

31 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

Having a localised edition of  the Sun and The Times - both online and print - does dramatically improve the chances of getting Live News pix used if you're an Irish or Scottish based photographer....

km

That's true enough Keith. Also we have Irish editions of Daily Mail and Mirror and Star. In fact most of my Live News usages have been Irish editions of The Times and The Sun. One or two in Mail and Mirror - but these two seem almost exclusively Getty these days or PA. 

45 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

km

That’s as maybe but I still make sales, I sense negativity in your post? 

7 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

That’s as maybe but I still make sales, I sense negativity in your post? 

No, I think Keith means that as UK based newspapers generally use UK based Live News pix (obviously apart from Foreign and Sport) it is handy for us here in Ireland that some newspapers have Irish editions. I sell very few pix from Ireland as Live News in UK based newspapers. The Irish Times and Irish Independent use sweet FA from Alamy in my experience.

5 minutes ago, ManWay said:

No, I think Keith means that as UK based newspapers generally use UK based Live News pix (obviously apart from Foreign and Sport) it is handy for us here in Ireland that some newspapers have Irish editions. I sell very few pix from Ireland as Live News in UK based newspapers. The Irish Times and Irish Independent use sweet FA from Alamy in my experience.

Oh I see, makes sense.  Apologies.

4 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

yes..

localised  news output needs localised input.....

if only there were  welsh editions of the papers......

km

Ha ha. Methinks you doin' OK as things are Keith?

1 hour ago, RedSnapper said:

yes..

localised  news output needs localised input.....

if only there were  welsh editions of the papers......

km

btw Keith, you've put "........pleasant experience" in some of your live news captions. I'm sure you mean "UNpleasant".

November 2018, NFU Countryside, p7, tawny owl, CR2KBR, Steven Cooper [Alamy credit only]
November 2018, NFU Countryside, p14, members of Women's Land Army using plough, M9D9MH, MA1XW9 or M8RABB, Military History Collection [All identical. Alamy credit only]
November 2018, NFU Countryside, p19, members of Women's Land Army climbing gate, M8RCTT or MA1JFM, Military History Collection [Identical. Alamy credit only]
November 2018, NFU Countryside, p20, WWI hospital at Woburn Abbey, HT2CPR, Heritage Image Partnership Ltd [Alamy credit only]
November 2018, NFU Countryside, p20, WWI hospital at Woburn Abbey, HT2CPT, Heritage Image Partnership Ltd [Alamy credit only]
November 2018, NFU Countryside, p20, WWI war memorial on Mull, CB5P10, RichardBakerScotland [Alamy credit only]
November 2018, NFU Countryside, p29, worm dug out of ground, D5RRWX, Alex Fieldhouse [Alamy credit only]
November 2018, NFU Countryside, p61, dachshund, C1TKYW, Winston Link [Alamy credit only]
November 2018, NFU Countryside, p68, therapy dog visiting pensioner, JXBNF0, Jim Holden [Alamy credit only]
November 2018, NFU Countryside, p68, teenage girl with horse, HG9MXC, Jürgen Fälchle [Circular crop. Alamy credit only]
November 2018, NFU Countryside, p95, Robert Burns farm at Ellisland, DPA4P5, Chronicle [Alamy credit only]
November 2018, NFU Countryside, p98, Christmas pudding, E7X1M1, Izel Photography [Alamy credit only]
November 2018, NFU Countryside, p99, sausages on a grill, CWW0CT, Valentyn Volkov [Alamy credit only]

ISSN:  1462-0839

46 minutes ago, ManWay said:

RedSnapper - did you put a good word in for me? Having just said that I don't sell many (hardly any) Irish images in the UK press from Live News this appears; https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/weekend-weather-forecast-storm-callum-13406953

Told ya!  Nice one!

Found in the Sun

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7485487/dorset-rabies-jab-bat-warning/

Photograph of a Greater Mouse-eared Bat (Myotis myotis) in flight.

Contributor: WILDLIFE GmbH / Alamy Stock Photo

Discovered by Adie

Image ID : BM8FN9

Portrait of A Mexican free-tailed bat (Tadarida brasiliensis) snarling and showing its teeth

Contributor: Tosh Brown / Alamy Stock Photo 

Discovered by Adie

Image ID : D41881

Cheers folks!

Times 13th

Trebon, Czech Republic. 12th Oct, 2018. Fishermen fish out the Rozmberk pond in Trebon, Czech Republic, October 12, 2018. Credit: Petr Skrivanek/CTK Photo/Alamy Live News - Image ID: PW1EE0

Birmingham, UK. 1st Oct 2018. Philip Hammond, Chancellor of the Exchequer, at Conservative Party Conference on Monday 1 October 2018 held at ICC Birmingham , Birmingham . Pictured: Philip Hammond, Chancellor of the Exchequer, addresses conference in the session named 'An Economy that works for everyone' on the morning of day 2. Picture by Julie Edwards. Credit: Julie Edwards/Alamy Live News - Image ID: PRDWBY

London, UK. 11th September, 2018. Esther McVey MP, Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, leaves 10 Downing Street following a Cabinet meeting. Credit: Mark Kerrison/Alamy Live News - Image ID: PK7E7K - looks like a crop of this

travelbild  National Maritime Museum at the harbor of Falmouth, Cornwall, England, UK | National Maritime Museum Hafen von Falmouth - Image ID: F72N95

darryl gill  Scafell Pike from Wast water in the Lake district, Cumbria. - Image ID: D614FT

PhotoEdit  London Underground Train Pulling Out of a Station, Charing Cross, London, Uk. - Image ID: DKER6M

World

Berlin, Germany. 04th Dec, 2013. The magicians Chris (L) and Andreas Ehrlich of the duo 'Ehrlich Brothers' pose on stage during a press conference at the Tempodrom in Berlin, Germany, 04 December 2013. The magicians will tour sixty German cities with their magic show 'Magie - Träume erleben' (lit. Magic - experiencing dreams). Photo: BRITTA PETERSEN/dpa/Alamy Live News - Image ID: DKBYD5

Peter Giovannini Saltwater crocodile, estuarine crocodile (Crocodylus porosus), sunbathing, Yellow Waters Billabong, Kakadu National Park - Image ID: DGHTHJ

Business

RBS  Gabriels Wharf, ITV Studios, London, UK - Image ID: PB0EHC

Andrew Spiers  A broken HS2 protest sign attached to a telegraph pole in Wendover, Buckinghamshire. The view looks out towards Wendover Woods. - Image ID: DBC66P

That's yer lot for now, I'm off for the weekend!

Guardian online

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/12/the-guardian-view-on-fresh-air-a-public-good
D4E22X Jon Sparks Walker on old railway on the Robert Louis Stevenson Trail in the Mimente valley in the Cévennes, Lozère, France

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/oct/13/20-best-outdoor-family-activities-for-half-term-kids-children-day-trips
G2PCFA parkerphotography A pair of Heavy Horses working the land with vintage farm machinery at Acton Scott Historic Working Farm. Shropshire
EG5XHR Nature Picture Library/Ben Hall / 2020VISION Family walking down path at Conkers, Visitor Centre, The National Forest, Derbyshire
K091P1 Charles Bowman Kew Gardens, Pagoda in autumn

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/oct/13/half-term-museums-activities-day-trip-family-children-holiday
D4AEF0 adam james Stratford-upon-avon Butterfly Farm
BCH40K Global Warming Images/Ashley Cooper Skiers at the Chill Factor an indoor skiing area in Manchester UK
PDDXKJ scenicireland.com / Christopher Hill Photographic A tour boat in the under cave system at Marble Arch Geo Park
PJBD07 Iain Masterton Dolly the Sheep on display at National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh, UK
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/oct/13/how-to-grow-apples
AY9CY5 Marc Hill Blenheim Orange apples in an orchard in Cornwall, UK
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/oct/13/garden-tips-plant-sedums-sow-sweet-pea-seeds-this-week
J1P2G3 GWI/Liz Cole SEDUM ''RED CAULI'' STONECROP

16 hours ago, davidhu said:

12/10/2018 Daily Mail (print)

Redcliffe Parade, overlooking the quayside, Bristol; it's just been converted into 16 apartments. P6FW9E Ed Brown

Thanks for the spot David, zoomed a few days ago i think

GEO.de
https://www.geo.de/reisen/19088-rtkl-kanada-lake-abraham-albertas-beruehmtes-meer-aus-eisblasen
Lake Abraham: Albertas berühmtes Meer aus Eisblasen
Lake Abraham: Alberta's famous sea of ice bubbles

Frozen methane bubbles, Winter, Abraham Lake, Canadian Rockies, Alberta,
M1A7ME Mauritius Images / Kevin Schafer / Alamy RM

Found in the Sun by Adie

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/7486537/shopping-apps-tesco-marks-spencer-sainsburys-iphone-android/

Photog of People paying for their shopping at the checkout in the Food Hall in the Marks and Spencer store, Aberystwyth Wales UK

Contributor: keith morris / Alamy Stock Photo 

Image ID : J580FP

Nature's Home RSPB Magazine Winter 2018

Cover Hemis / Alamy - Pintails in flight

1 Alamy from 5 images, 4-5, 1? Alamy from 10 images, 16-17?

Snow Bunting on coffee table, Arndt Sven-Erik Image ID : HN31PR, 24

1 Alamy from 8 images, 31-32, 1 Alamy from 6 images, 45, Nigel Dennis Image ID : DGY82E, 49, 1 from 8 images, 63-65

DPS migratory arctic birds land, Alamy Stock Photo credit only, 62-63

Life on white - Image ID : EFNAC0, 85

Difficult to work out which images are which, so not great info from me I'm afraid.

GEO.de
https://www.geo.de/reisen/reise-inspiration/17784-bstr-13-gruende-warum-die-menschen-schleswig-holstein-so-gluecklich
13 Gründe, warum die Menschen in Schleswig-Holstein so glücklich sind
13 reasons why people in Schleswig-Holstein are so happy

Little pier at Lassahn, Schaalsee lake, Mecklenburg Western Pomerania, Germany, Europe
DPNB30  Mauritius Images / ALLTRAVEL (Peter Mross)/ Alamy RM

Archived