Is there a way to isolate and zoom a picture in the AIM

I am working on keywording my last upload and could really do with being able to zoom into the image I am working on.  I can be very chaotic when shooting, especially if I am thinking stock - I will go out and take pictures of anything and everything.  Quite often when doing the keywording I need to get in to see small details (like the type of drink the can held) and I have not been able to find an easy way to do this through the AIM.

I know I could keyword through Lightroom but I am quite a way off learning that right now and do all the work through the AIM it is a pain to have to keep the images open on the laptop so I can zoom in there.

Hi Starsphinx

AFAIK, apart from clicking on the + magnifying glass icon at the top left of each image which gives a larger preview, there isn't.

This is better than previous AIM's which didnt have any method of magnifying.

The main reason I find myself needing a bigger magnification is to definitely see how many people are in the image

Cheers

Kumar

As far as I am aware, there is no zoom facility within AIM, you can only view images as small thumbnails. If your images are already on sale, you could of course view them as larger thumbnails using the main Alamy search engine, but seeing your images at 100% is not possible. If you have Lightroom open when using AIM, it's only a second or two to flick between applications, which would enable you to view your images at the required magnification in LR.

Can't comment on Apples (I'm using windows) but I have a second screen (very easy to do and inexpensive) and run AIM on one, and Lightroom on the other. I can then zoom the LR image as I want (count people, read text etc.) and the make the necessary AIM entries.

Darn it. 

Thank you for the help everyone - I guess its just another part of modern life I will have to adapt myself to *sigh*

On the other hand another shove towards learning to use Lightroom more extensively which is probably a good thing. 

I simply have the Raw and finished jpeg in a folder on my desktop until all work, including the final prep on AIM is done. While working on my iPad, it doesn’t work, because all my files are on my Mac. But on the Mac it is easy to click on the folder and zoom a particular image.

What makes this unlargly unneeded unless I forget something,  is that I tag my images in Bridge before uploading. All those details, # of people, product ID, etc, are already there in when appearing in AIM. 

And that enables me to do the prep work (supertags, Optional) in AIM on my iPad, while sitting comfortably in my easy chair.

Betty

If the regular zoom size in Alamy is large enough, you could use placeholder keywords and caption. Just some XX's or numbers will do.

You can even put those in before uploading.

Still no zoom in AIM, but switching from one tab to another with the zoom open is simple even on an iPad or tablet.

wim

There is a very imperfect way. On my Mac I can use Command + to enlarge the page after zooming on an image. The part I can't solve is moving the image around to see the section I want.

Paulette

When I need to get a better look at the details in an image for tagging, I click on the jpeg in my folder and open it in Preview. It then sits side by side with the AIM window and I can make the Preview image as large as I want. 

Edo

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

When I need to get a better look at the details in an image for tagging, I click on the jpeg in my folder and open it in Preview. It then sits side by side with the AIM window and I can make the Preview image as large as I want. 

Edo

That’s what I meant. You said it better. I couldn’t think of “Preview.”

I would say that there is actually some demand for this functionality - yes people can work with multiple screens or tabs and have the picture open in another program for zooming but being able to do it in the AIM would be easier.  I am obviously far from the only person wanting to check details when keywording or doing other finishing bits.

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Twin monitors make this sort of thing a lot easier. Doesn't work on the go, but I don't have ipads or laptops or anything, so it's fine in the desktop.

My only computer now is a MacBook 13". I've gotten used to the smaller size of things. 

Betty, I had to open Preview to get the name. ;)

2 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

I would say that there is actually some demand for this functionality - yes people can work with multiple screens or tabs and have the picture open in another program for zooming but being able to do it in the AIM would be easier.  I am obviously far from the only person wanting to check details when keywording or doing other finishing bits.

You can zoom in on the big AIM thumbnail if you have a right-click browser add-on. There's one for FF called Zoomimage, I assume there is for other browsers. It's not 100%, of course, but you can see a bit more.

5 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

My only computer now is a MacBook 13". I've gotten used to the smaller size of things. 

Betty, I had to open Preview to get the name. ;)

:D Glad I’m not the only one to have black holes in the brain.  Now...what was the name of the actor who starred in......I can’t for the life of me come up with the name, but I see the face....

8 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

:D Glad I’m not the only one to have black holes in the brain.  Now...what was the name of the actor who starred in......I can’t for the life of me come up with the name, but I see the face....

I also forget the name of a person or place or object just as I am about to say it. Time of life I suppose.:(

Allan

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I also forget the name of a person or place or object just as I am about to say it. Time of life I suppose.:(

Allan

I get what I call Swiss cheese brain as a symptom of fibromyalgia - highly annoying when a word I have just spoken disappears from my head halfway through a sentence.

Archived