ann

Please feel free to share any sort of happy news* about Alamy forum members here, as time goes on....   

(*about family milestone, photography of fellow member or yourself....)

I'll start off it off by congratulating Ed Endicott for having his photo appear in Photoshelter's Weekend Inspiration SELECTS #20.

E6H42M.jpg

When I received Photoshelter's Selects email today, I immediately recognized Ed's photo as the one he posted last month in the "Your favorite images you have uploaded to Alamy this month" thread created by winstainforth.

smiles - Ann

11th Anniversary since my first Alamy submission today.

Most recent sale (of about 1500) was on 5th Sept 2014 taken 40 years ago in 1974

on the way to Barsham Fair.

C1W3AK

Good news to me  :D (and Alamy of course)

Thanks for all the great advice Forum!

Kathy

Kathy deWitt/Alamy:  http://tinyurl.com/n9djvmr

To be honest, I came over here to get away from the "Bleak Month" thread . . .

dd

A few weeks ago I started treating my photography as a full time job, effectively starting afresh (especially in light of comments on other threads). I have found that as a result the more I shoot the more I see to shoot and the more sources I find; and that is just in the centre of my home town. I have managed to upload something new most days for the last week and I have a backlog of others I need to work on.

Whether it will turn into increased income who knows, only time will tell. All bering well I will get some indication whether it is paying off by Christmas.

I have found that as a result the more I shoot the more I see to shoot and the more sources I find; and that is just in the centre of my home town.

Exactly my experience the last couple of weeks..... it's odd, but I've gone out locally with my camera and been rewarded with little things like stopping to take photos of a pile of grain in front of silos and then the huge tipper truck arriving and fully extending the rear to dump out more grain. 

Don't know if the resulting images will be wanted by anyone, but I'd like to think that it's serendipitous!  Of course, it really comes down to the fact that I won't get any decent images if I don't get out there.   :)

That's been my attitude of late too. I started out in Alamy with a serious ill thought about how good I thought I was. When I look back to those images, I'd slap myself for even thinking anyone would want to license them. Take it seriously, and people can then take your images seriously. That's the mentality anyway, whether it'll work remains to be seen :) 

• 6 months later...

My younger daughter was married this weekend, and here's a fun stop-motion movie of celebration.

I was off-duty as photographer that day -

Smiles - Ann

Good idea that for a wedding. I wonder if I'm related to your new in-laws?   :)

Perhaps it was fate you actually clicked to movie and saw the name!

Archived