August 2016 Challenge - Digital Manipulation

Lynne

Love the top one.  Would it have been possible to shape the pool cutout as an outline of Australia for even greater impact?

John,

I had the same idea, only it was an afterthought!! I'm not sure I have the energy to redo it. Shame.

I can console myself thinking that the puddle is almost the shape of Tasmania...

Hello,

I have been contributing to Alamy since 2014 and Digital Manipulation of photographs has always been an area of interest to me.  For whatever reason, I am not finding or understanding the instructions that allow me to upload three of those images to this August Challenge.

Thanks,

Peter Camp

Open two browser tabs (or two windows). In one, go to this forum thread and start your reply. In the other, click on one of your Alamy thumbnails to open the full-size info window. Click on the image to get a larger popup, and then drag the larger image over the first tab. When the first window re-opens, drop the image into your post.

Alan

Peter, a second option for adding a photo here:

Open two windows, this one and the one with the photo you want to add in Alamy

You can then click on the picture tab above here and a box will open, then in the second window, right click on your image, click on "Copy Image" in the drop down, and put that address which will end with.jpeg into the open box here. 

Interesting competition! - Here are mine:

1. Boats in the harbour, Puerto Pollenca, Majorca - digitally altered by the addition of a tonal contrast filter in post-processing

sunset-over-boats-in-the-harbour-puerto-

2. The Poppies at the Tower of London; Digitally enhanced by changing to B&W and then bleeding back some of the colour to the poppies to maintain the somber mood

tower-of-london-poppies-as-a-memorial-to

3. Beach bar, Barcelona (digitally altered by the addition of a Bleach Bypass filter in post-processing - cf. EY1748 for the "normal")

a-tourist-at-a-barcelona-beach-cafe-bar-

Kumar

Lightning bolts striking over oil refinery at industrial estate during heavy thunderstorm at night, conceptual picture for global warming due to carbon dioxide emissions. Combined two shots with lightnings of the same scene.

Philippe

I love this one.  Striking!

Lightning bolts striking over oil refinery at industrial estate during heavy thunderstorm at night, conceptual picture for global warming due to carbon dioxide emissions. Combined two shots with lightnings of the same scene.

Philippe

I love this one.  Striking!

Yes! You might say it is a Striking image.

Allan

Great entries so far but just under 2 days left to enter this months competition, if you've not already done so!

Challenge will end tomorrow night, August 31st, at midnight (London time)

Lynne

Archived