How was July '15 compared to '16 so far?

It's the middle of the month and I've not had one sale. I looked back at 2015 to get perspective, and I had one sale in July last year. May was good, but the summer months were awful.

Thing is, my zooms hit an all time high today. I usually get a percentage of sales from my zooms, unlike some here. Although some of those sales came a good bit later after the zoom.

I'm hopeful for that.

Just curious what's happening for you. Throw out the newspaper sales....I don't get those with my USA port.

Betty

Three sales so far this month vs. eight  ten total for July 2015. My sales nos. are boringly consistent from month to month (not complaining), so I'm probably not a good indicator.

Fewer than average zooms so far in July. so certainly slow in that dept.

Edit: Make that ten sales in July 2015. I forgot that July has 31 days and two more popped in at the last minute.

July has been a very slow start for me too Betty. Only three sales so far compared to 6 at this point, in the month, in 2015. Had a total of 15 for all of July last year so there is still hope that the second half of the month can produce more sales! Zooms are at an all time high right now so that could be a good omen for some future sales!

A new sale has just dropped in, so make that 4 for the month so far.

July, 2014 = 8 sales

July, 2015 = 8 sales

as of July 14, 2016 = 3 sales

Edit: An hour ago I had my 4th sale so far this month on my App (at a good price!), so if I included iPhone photo sales I'm at 7 sales so far this month.

One sale July '15. This July I was on 0 sales until I checked last night and had 2 on my dashboard and then another 2 reported on the forum (thanks to Lisa there).

So 4 in one day which I certainly haven't seen before but which proves nothing apart from the random nature of the game.

Overall I am nearly upto last year's total sales by volume which is encouraging but when I look at total value I'm nowhere near ie more sales but less revenue from them.

It's like running up the down escalator !

Geoff

Up to yesterday, seven sales then one refund which wiped them all out, almost to the penny. Then yesterday three of the biggest sales I've ever had, all for commercial packaging, then two more small ones. best day ever on Alamy and half way to a good month. And this morning a pic of Judy Murray sold - that's another $1.67!

July 2015 was by far the worst month of the rolling year for me.

14 for 545.

July 2016 so far is not very exciting either with 10 for 345.

Could it be that June is a month with some of the clients reporting a year's or half year's total?

Or is just cucumber times/the silly season?

wim

edit: anybody selling images of cucumbers?

I had one drop in this morning for $130. So now I've matched 2015. I'm pleased with the price. Funny thing, I had 3 similar images zoomed, but the one I sold was of a similar (subjects/activity) taken years ago. Not zoomed.

A loud cheer for the oldies!

July, 2014 = 8 sales

July, 2015 = 8 sales

as of July 14, 2016 = 3 sales

Edit: An hour ago I had my 4th sale so far this month on my App (at a good price!), so if I included iPhone photo sales I'm at 7 sales so far this month.

Another nice sale just magically appeared (those jelly fish again?!). That makes 4 sales now as of July 15th so I'm right on track with 4 sales at the halfway point.

12 sales so far this July compared to 6 by this date of the month last year. But July 2015 I had a over $500 distributor sale early in the month, would love to see one of those drop in this year too :) 

I decided to go back a bit further, and July is typically a good (or at least average) month for me:

July Sales

2010 -- 6 sales

2011 -- 11 sales

2012 -- 9 sales

2013 -- 9 sales

2014 -- 26 sales (please bring back 2014) :D

2015 -- 10 sales

2016 -- 3 sales (so far)

By the 15th of July 2015 I'd had 1 sale.  I went on to have 7 that month.  By the 15th of July 2016 I've had 3 sales.  Based on that it's obvious I'll have 21 this month.   :)

Shame it doesn't work like that.

More worrying has been a total crash of zooms.  I've only had one this month when my recent average for a half month would be 12ish.  Plenty of time for recovery, and, yes, I 'm well aware that zooms and sales are not that related but still it's a little disturbing.

By the 15th of July 2015 I'd had 1 sale.  I went on to have 7 that month.  By the 15th of July 2016 I've had 3 sales.  Based on that it's obvious I'll have 21 this month.   :)

Shame it doesn't work like that.

More worrying has been a total crash of zooms.  I've only had one this month when my recent average for a half month would be 12ish.  Plenty of time for recovery, and, yes, I 'm well aware that zooms and sales are not that related but still it's a little disturbing.

For me zooms are connected, John. Not that everything zoomed gets sold, far from it. Usually it happens when I'm the only zoom or up to one in four in a search. The one among 15 or more I forget about.

I just went through the zoom crash a couple of weeks ago. Then this week, the zooms zoomed Pardon the pun ;) to a record high.

Yours will, too. Although I think we're in summer doldrums.

By this time in the month I had 9 sales in July '15 compared with 10 sales so far this month.  I ended with 40 sales in July '15 so, although it feels like a slow month at the moment, I'm not panicking yet!

Pearl

6 for July last year, 4 up till now. sales often clump together, especially thursdays and fridays and in my case end of the month. Do often get sales out of zooms, and last months had a record amount of it, so fingers crossed. Perry.

Well, my one sale was refunded. :( But another dropped in for $180, so I still have one sale for the month. If I'd kept the other, I would be satisfied for the month because the two good prices added together would be more than 5-6 meager sales.

This last sale was directly connected to a very recent zoom. :)

I'm still looking for up to 6-7 sales according to my zoomed images being in only a few zoomed in the search. Realistically, maybe 2 or three. And those may not drop in during July but down the road.

Last july 2 sales this july none so far. Sales this year to date $661. My main stock house used to be superstock. I used to make 20,000 a year from them now its maybe $200. Still lots of sales but .06 to maybe $10. I guess its mostly a microstock house. Thats why i pick coffee beans

My sales have fallen off a cliff this year. Last July I sold 4 images but so far this month I've sold just 1. Over the last couple of years I averaged about 6 sales a month so I can only think that my rank has taken a tumble. I don't think it has helped that I've not been uploading fresh images so perhaps it's time to get weaving, as my late father used to say.

My sales have fallen off a cliff this year. Last July I sold 4 images but so far this month I've sold just 1. Over the last couple of years I averaged about 6 sales a month so I can only think that my rank has taken a tumble. I don't think it has helped that I've not been uploading fresh images so perhaps it's time to get weaving, as my late father used to say.

I think you are onto something. I'd bet my boots on it.

The past 1-2 years I've worked very hard with a goal of adding 70-100 images a month. Before, it was very hit or miss. I've seen my rank increase dramatically, I'm getting 3 to 4 times the zooms I used to get, and more sales.

IMO it is important to add steadily. If nothing else but a few good images each week.

Archived