December Challenge

Colin Woods

Ann

You should be able to post your Russian dancers. You can post from any other website to here, but you can't post from  a photo that is on your hard drive. Go to your website and on the photo you want right click and there will be an option Copy Image Address or Copy Image URL. Click that and then paste it into a forum reply here as usual.

Ann

You should be able to post your Russian dancers. You can post from any other website to here, but you can't post from  a photo that is on your hard drive. Go to your website and on the photo you want right click and there will be an option Copy Image Address or Copy Image URL. Click that and then paste it into a forum reply here as usual.

You can normally just drag and drop from your own web site into the "Reply to this topic" box.

Ann

You should be able to post your Russian dancers. You can post from any other website to here, but you can't post from a photo that is on your hard drive. Go to your website and on the photo you want right click and there will be an option Copy Image Address or Copy Image URL. Click that and then paste it into a forum reply here as usual.

You can normally just drag and drop from your own web site into the "Reply to this topic" box.
Dear Colin and TokyoM1ke - thank you for kindly taking time to share info. My site's settings include placing transparent layer over photo.

Quite awhile ago, a computer wiz told me how to figure out the URL of actual photo, but if it were crucial to post photo from my site, I'd probably write a blog post that displays that (strongly watermarked) photo in a way that makes reposting possible.

smiles - ann

Ann

You should be able to post your Russian dancers. You can post from any other website to here, but you can't post from a photo that is on your hard drive. Go to your website and on the photo you want right click and there will be an option Copy Image Address or Copy Image URL. Click that and then paste it into a forum reply here as usual.

Dear Colin and TokyoM1ke - thank you for kindly taking time to share info. My site's settings include placing transparent layer over photo.

Quite awhile ago, a computer wiz told me how to figure out the URL of actual photo, but if it were crucial to post photo from my site, I'd probably write a blog post that displays that (strongly watermarked) photo in a way that makes reposting possible.

smiles - ann

It can be done with a bit of fiddling (I just extracted one of your images and dragged it in here - of course I would not actually post one of your images.

Easiest way is to look at the source code (normally right click on the page and select "view page source". Then search the source for ".jpg" until you find the one you are looking for. Copy the full address (in the case of my example it was "http://cdn.c.pho[other stuff].jpg". Paste that full address into the address bar of the browser window. Then you can drag and drop the image.  

Ultimately the transparent layers and other tricks stop very casual copying but with a modicum of technical know how you can easily circumvent them.  If you display it on the web it can be copied. If someone wanted to steal your images they could always save the entire web page and look for the image on their computer.  

Not sure if I get a thumbs up or multiple thumbs downs for showing how to get around copy protection...

Best wishes,

Michael

Ann

smiles - ann

It can be done with a bit of fiddling (I just extracted one of your images and dragged it in here - of course I would not actually post one of your images.

Easiest way is to look at the source code (normally right click on the page and select "view page source". Then search the source for ".jpg" until you find the one you are looking for. Copy the full address (in the case of my example it was "http://cdn.c.pho[other stuff].jpg". Paste that full address into the address bar of the browser window. Then you can drag and drop the image.  

Ultimately the transparent layers and other tricks stop very casual copying but with a modicum of technical know how you can easily circumvent them.  If you display it on the web it can be copied. If someone wanted to steal your images they could always save the entire web page and look for the image on their computer.  

Not sure if I get a thumbs up or multiple thumbs downs for showing how to get around copy protection...

Best wishes,

Michael

Absolutely right, or they just do a screen grab and crop out the extraneous stuff.

Here are 3 "oldies" from me!

My pet terrier "Teddy" being chased by a (friendly!) german shepherd.

small-white-terrier-running-into-frame-f

Tourist transport on the Luenberg Heath, Northern Germany.

horse-and-carriage-on-the-lneburger-heid

A copy of the first  steam Loco. in Germany on special run in 1985.

the-adler-steam-locomotive-underway-in-1

• 2 weeks later...

Archived