Weekend sales reporting

I normally check the Sales report using Invoice Date most days when I am home, as this seems to give the most up to date information.

I assume that field this will not be updated over a weekend, and I have never personally witnessed a sale there then, but maybe I am wrong.

Has anybody ever witnessed a new sale via "Invoice Date" over a weekend. Hopefully not, as I will otherwise waste yet more time looking!

Bryan,

You really shouldn't post questions like this, it piques my interest and I end up not doing the things I should be doing (yes dear, just coming!)  :)

Like you, I check on the 'invoice date' report several times a day. I've never had a sale come though with a weekend invoice date, but looking back over the last two years, I have a higher than expected proportion come though on a Monday (though it has to be said, the data sample isn't massive). Could be sales made over the weekend updated on the Monday - hard to be sure.

What DID surprise me was that quite  a lot of invoices had a Cleared Date which fell during the weekend, mostly on a Sunday.  This could mean that someone goes into the office catching up on accounts, but I think it is more likely that some kind of computerised accounts process runs automatically over the weekend to update the database with cleared invoices entered during the week. I shall look at the cleared dates column of my meagre sales on Monday next with eager anticipation, just in case.

None of this is terribly important but it's the kind of thing my semi-autistic brain likes to deal with.  :rolleyes: Thank you for raising the question. :)   

I normally check the Sales report using Invoice Date most days when I am home, as this seems to give the most up to date information.

I assume that field this will not be updated over a weekend, and I have never personally witnessed a sale there then, but maybe I am wrong.

Has anybody ever witnessed a new sale via "Invoice Date" over a weekend. Hopefully not, as I will otherwise waste yet more time looking!

Yes I had one fairly recently.  It appeared early on a Saturday using "Invoice date" and was dated for that day.  It's the only time it has happened to me but I still keep looking - sad I know.

Pearl

I am rather intrigued by this thread.   When I check for sales, I just click the "View your sales history" button on the dashboard.  As far as I know this is not updated over the weekend.  I imagine that, for example, UK newspapers, who certainly do work at weekends, might report usage of images which would appear on Monday.

I have not been able to discover how nd where to check "Sales Report" by "Invoice Date", where is this please?

This is how I do it:

At My Alamy page https://secure.alamy.com/MyAlamy.aspx

click the gray (or blue) "Build a downloadable sales report"

change default "date paid" to "date of invoice"

change the time range End date to some time on future (move the year ahead by one, for example)

click "'go"

- Ann

I am rather intrigued by this thread. When I check for sales, I just click the "View your sales history" button on the dashboard. As far as I know this is not updated over the weekend. I imagine that, for example, UK newspapers, who certainly do work at weekends, might report usage of images which would appear on Monday.

I have not been able to discover how nd where to check "Sales Report" by "Invoice Date", where is this please?

Ann

Many thanks, I see  how to do it now.   I would never have thought that a sale might appear there without appearing under the "Sales History" button.

Live and learn they say. . .

Sales appear under the "Sales History" the next day and sometimes the same day if they are reported very early UK time. The "Invoice Date" method gives you sales in real time.

Pearl

I am rather intrigued by this thread.   When I check for sales, I just click the "View your sales history" button on the dashboard.  As far as I know this is not updated over the weekend.  I imagine that, for example, UK newspapers, who certainly do work at weekends, might report usage of images which would appear on Monday.

A couple of years ago Geoff Kidd mentioned he would be having some sales drop in the next day. We all jumped on him like white on rice. He explained how to do it, and I love it. That said, sometimes I check, sometimes I don't.

A couple of years ago Geoff Kidd mentioned he would be having some sales drop in the next day. We all jumped on him like white on rice. He explained how to do it, and I love it. That said, sometimes I check, sometimes I don't.

All credit to David Sanger who told a number of us many years ago.......I think David knew the Alamy systems better than Alamy.

First time I've ever heard that phrase!

Archived