FREE DXO Optics post processing software Until Jan 2015

Thanks for that................... heads up it does not read Fuji X-T1 raw files

Thanks for that Mark. I am happy with my setup on LR anyway.

Allan (X-T1 user)

Thanks for that Linda. I was using version 7 occasionally which came free with a magazine. I generally use CS6 but often find that DXO gives a result I prefer, and the result of DXO processing will open in CS6 for final tweaking.

Just bought another mag purely for the free Photomatrix Essentials 4, Digital Photo (wouldn't recommend the mag but will be interested in HDR at some point).

Hi Allan, I am not sure that I am getting the best from the raw files with LR and keep tinkering with settings.

Sent you a PM Mark.

Allan

Thanks for posting this, Linda.

DxO Pro 6 was the latest paid version I had, so chance to upgrade this way is great, and I've sent the offer link to fellow members of an area photography group.

- Ann

I've been using Version 7 for processing my G12's RAW files and really like it. I've also used it to rescue the occasional shot from my X100 (I normally like its ooc JPEGs). So, hopefully a great way to get a free upgrade to V8 (on 4th Nov, as John says).

BTW, just received an email from DxO advertising Version 10.

Just received the DXO 10 email, i am tempted, it has been a while since i have used DXO, i started years ago with 5.0, through to 7, i lost interest when i started using LR, i found that LR gave me more control and is not so automated and is faster than DXO, 2 areas that failed me with DXO was over sharpening, and the noise control tended to make some images soft at times, i might trial the version 10.
I am looking for a better high ISO noise software if DXO have improved in this area it could be worth the effort,  removing noise without making the image soft or pasty is the challenge.

Paul.

Thanks for that................... heads up it does not read Fuji X-T1 raw files

Unfortunately DxO does not support the x-trans processor. Their algorithms were devloped for Bayer. I use Iridient Developer for Fuji.

It may be that with the increasing success of Fuji if the market is there DxO might just produce a version but  I doubt it

I've been trying to download the free software today. However, despite the maintenance period being over, the site continues to crash. Suspect I'll be sticking with V7 after all...

I'm having trouble as well. Perhaps their website has been inundated by 30,000 Alamy contributors. Shall keep trying, though.

Archived