Finally sold my first pic

I finally lost my Alamy virginity. Picture of an Alaskan cedar outside my sister's house to a magazine in Hungary. Only $16.89, but hey, it was never zoomed and somehow there is great relief in breaking the barrier. Now on to many more!

Jill

Funny that a pic never zoomed sold yet I have had 3 zooms on pics searched by their Alamy code and none of those ended up as sales. 

That may just be a matter of time - months can go by before theses sales appear.  Well done on your sale :).

Well done Jill on your first sale - the first of many hopefully!

Most of my sales aren't zoomed, although funnily enough I sold an image today that was zoomed yesterday!

So there is still hope. Good luck.

John

I'll echo the congratulations. Mind you, those low prices makes me cringe. Hopefully the next one will net a higher profit. There seems to be no general rule when it comes to zooms. I've had images zoomed and then lease the next day. Others sell weeks or months down the road, and some zooms never lease at all.

I'll echo the congratulations. Mind you, those low prices makes me cringe. Hopefully the next one will net a higher profit. There seems to be no general rule when it comes to zooms. I've had images zoomed and then lease the next day. Others sell weeks or months down the road, and some zooms never lease at all.

Indeed, very pleasing to record a first sale. Trick is not to get neurotic about selling, zooms or views, or so I keep telling myself.....

$16.89 is not to be sniffed at in today's market, my three sales last month were Newspaper Scheme efforts at around $6,50, an improvement on some sub $6 sales in the past!

Archived