Jill Morgan

Finally sold my first pic

I finally lost my Alamy virginity. Picture of an Alaskan cedar outside my sister's house to a magazine in Hungary. Only $16.89, but hey, it was never zoomed and somehow there is great relief in breaking the barrier. Now on to many more!

Jill

... And if that picture of a horse's arse doesn't sell, then I'm a monkey's uncle...

Well done. Plenty more sales in the pipeline, no doubt...

Good to hear your good news, Jill.  :)

Edo

Congratulations Jill!

Nice feeling eh?

Kumar

Great to hear Jill. :)

OT Nice to see Ed's beard back. ;)

Allan

Congratulations! I hope it's just the first of many more.

Funny that a pic never zoomed sold yet I have had 3 zooms on pics searched by their Alamy code and none of those ended up as sales. 

Funny that a pic never zoomed sold yet I have had 3 zooms on pics searched by their Alamy code and none of those ended up as sales. 

That may just be a matter of time - months can go by before theses sales appear.  Well done on your sale :).

There's a good chance those will result in sales down the line. In fact, they could have sold but haven't been reported in your account yet

Well done Jill on your first sale - the first of many hopefully!

Most of my sales aren't zoomed, although funnily enough I sold an image today that was zoomed yesterday!

So there is still hope. Good luck.

John

Congratulations Jill!  

I'll echo the congratulations. Mind you, those low prices makes me cringe. Hopefully the next one will net a higher profit. There seems to be no general rule when it comes to zooms. I've had images zoomed and then lease the next day. Others sell weeks or months down the road, and some zooms never lease at all.

Edited by John Mitchell

I'll echo the congratulations. Mind you, those low prices makes me cringe. Hopefully the next one will net a higher profit. There seems to be no general rule when it comes to zooms. I've had images zoomed and then lease the next day. Others sell weeks or months down the road, and some zooms never lease at all.

Indeed, very pleasing to record a first sale. Trick is not to get neurotic about selling, zooms or views, or so I keep telling myself.....

$16.89 is not to be sniffed at in today's market, my three sales last month were Newspaper Scheme efforts at around $6,50, an improvement on some sub $6 sales in the past!

It was a disbributor sale as well, so my big take is $5.01. Enough for 3 medium Tim Horton's  :)

It was a disbributor sale as well, so my big take is $5.01. Enough for 3 medium Tim Horton's  :)

Don't forget to photograph some doughnuts -- the ones you won't be able to afford -- when you're in Tim Horton's.

Edited by John Mitchell