Alamy POTM August: Summer Mornings

Hi All,

Are you an early bird who enjoys exploring the world before most people do? The stillness and peacefulness can be a great way to start your morning, while watching the sunrise. 

Do you have images which showcase the beauty and golden hues of summer mornings? If you haven't been involved with Alamy Photo of the Month yet, the theme for August is #AlamySummerMornings, so why not join in?

From hiking to sitting on the beach we want to see it all. At the beginning of September we'll share our favourites with you and also our customers.

Be inspired: https://www.alamy.com/search/lightbox/5736182.html

POTM AUGUST 2024.png

Thanks,

Chantelle

• Alamy unlocked this topic

Summer mornings are magical and those inspirational images are fantastic 🙂

I have a few macro images that might fall into that category!

Image id F131NT ; Butterfly with dewdrops

common-blue-polyommatus-icarus-in-the-mo

Image id DAYTDA ; Backlit marsh orchid

a-backlit-western-marsh-orchid-dactylorh

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I've realised I have only a few images taken on summer mornings. Here's just a couple from last February (summer here in Australia). Not sure if they qualify as I'm not sure they stand out as being from summer in particular.

A Rock Parrot at Cape Leeuwin feeding on coastal vegetation. They are very lovely, small parrots.

Image ID: 2WJXK2C

rock-parrot-neophema-petrophila-a-small-

Lantana buds and flowers.

Image ID: 2WH5C42

a-close-up-of-common-lantana-lantana-cam

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Sally Robertson said:

I've realised I have only a few images taken on summer mornings. Here's just a couple from last February (summer here in Australia). Not sure if they qualify as I'm not sure they stand out as being from summer in particular.

I thought the major thing here was to show both, morning and summer, in images. I checked my, and found that most of my "morning indeed" images were taken not during summer. Than was curious to check Alamy's "Be inspired" on the top... and was not surprised to find that some of those images were taken not only in March and September but even as far from Summer as January (and in the Northern Hemisphere)... 🙂

So, just a few close to our Summer and showing a sort of morning...

F31EMY

F31EMY.jpg

2X9T22G

2X9T22G.jpg

C4AKC9

C4AKC9.jpg

2X7E2A2

2X7E2A2.jpg

2X7E29X

2X7E29X.jpg

EYFEND

EYFEND.jpg

F3M06R

F3M06R.jpg

Edited by IKuzmin
  • Love 2

Hi Chantelle, When I try to look in the Lightbox in your post all I get is a message saying "You have no items in this Lightbox"???

Allan

Just now, Allan Bell said:

Hi Chantelle, When I try to look in the Lightbox in your post all I get is a message saying "You have no items in this Lightbox"???

Allan

+1

Sorry gang, having a bit of a technical glitch with the Lightbox right now, Chantelle is working to fix it as we speak so should be back soon! :)

Thanks,

Louise 

Hi All,

Apologies I've seem to have lost the lightbox, but have now replaced this with a new one. 

Thanks,

Chantelle

Some summer mornings from me.

A cool August morning at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon USA AR7EG2

an-11-and-8-yr-old-walk-along-the-bright

Breakfast in a picnic basket in Louisiana USA B1CK1K

usa-louisiana-la-cajun-country-breaux-br

Morning walk with the dog BBPMXK

c-o-canal-national-historic-park-marylan

Sunrise on the Atlantic Ocean ARF2DM

usa-maryland-ocean-city-sunrise-over-the

Morning light at Cape May, New Jersey DF8PYN

usa-cape-may-new-jersey-nj-nj-shore-beac

Couple enjoying the sunrise at Ocean City, Maryland KJ0EH3

usa-maryland-md-ocean-city-couple-watchi

Summer breakfast on a porch CTFGA7

caribbean-west-indies-nevis-mount-nevis-

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Love 2
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Apologies I've seem to have lost the lightbox, but have now replaced this with a new one. 

Thanks,

Chantelle

Thanks, yes, it is different... but still has some images from November and February.

Which are easy to pick in the lightbox as they do not look as Summer 🙂

Edited by IKuzmin

Some morning photos from me.

I missed the Summer in the mornings, so deleted the two photos with snow in them. The rest are summer or summer-ish.

Trieste, Italy. 2J5EE4G   

trieste-morning-sun-at-the-canale-grande

2DAYDDA Trieste Italy

molo-audace-pier-in-trieste-italy-in-mor

E67XN8   Trieste Italy

trieste-italy-canale-grande-grand-canal-

HA4726  Atlantic beach, North Carolina

silhouette-of-fishermen-on-the-beach-in-

EEH3JY   Laguna beach, California

laguna-beach-orange-county-california-ma

KFJAM2     Balloon festival, North Carolina

carolina-balloon-festival-statesville-no

Edited by ColdCoffee
Removed winter photos
  • Love 3

Here are some of mine! 

The morning sun and the beach volleyball net 

- Image ID: 2JGJ9PX

2jgj9px.jpg

Sunrise view from a beach on a tropical island in Southeast Asia 

- Image ID: 2JGJ9YG

2jgj9yg.jpg

Image ID: 2R4GDMT

swimming-pool-at-agriturismo-rocca-del-n

Image ID: WAWJD8

lowland-heath-landscape-at-crooksbury-co

Image ID: W4N96J

view-of-denbies-hillside-from-ranmore-co

Image ID: K67KGE

heathland-landscape-at-sunrise-at-thursl

Image ID: JGDGED

beautiful-summer-landscape-over-ambersha

Image ID: GW48EJ

early-morning-misty-landscape-view-at-fr

Image ID: GNW601

view-over-witley-common-surrey-england-a

Image ID: GNW604

landscape-view-over-witley-common-surrey

Image ID: GNW5X4

view-over-witley-common-surrey-england-a

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I don't have a lot of summer mornings.  Some winter though.  But I do have these I took early one August morning on my way to a dog show.

I love foggy shots.

sun-streaming-over-trees-in-the-fog-over

early-morning-sunrise-over-a-farm-with-t

sun-rising-through-the-fog-and-bursting-

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Vitis vinifera common grape vines growing in a field in an urban setting with summer leaf growth Cueto Cantabria Spain - Image ID: 2XKNX2N

vitis-vinifera-common-grape-vines-growin

Small boats at low tide in the estuary San Vicente de la Barquera Cantabria Spain - Image ID: 2JGNW1E

small-boats-at-low-tide-in-the-estuary-s

Landscape view with a man framed by arches of a stone jetty on the Bikinis beach Santander Cantabria Spain - Image ID: 2JG45J6

landscape-view-with-a-man-framed-by-arch

Views from the Piquio Gardens of the Sardinero beaches Santander Cantabria Spain - Image ID: 2G6MYA1

views-from-the-piquio-gardens-of-the-sar

Man walking and playing with a black dog on the Molinucos beach Santander Cantabria Spain Image ID: 2CFANRCman-walking-and-playing-with-a-black-dog

Man walking and playing with a black dog on the Molinucos beach Santander Cantabria Spain Image ID: 2CFANRE

man-walking-and-playing-with-a-black-dog

Young blonde barefoot woman seen from above walking alone to find a place to sun bathe on the small Matalenas beach Santander Cantabria Spain - Image ID: 2CFAT32

young-blonde-barefoot-woman-seen-from-ab

Lone man standing at the end of the Cabo Menor small cape with Moor's island Santander Cantabria Spain - Image ID: 2CFAPH3lone-man-standing-at-the-end-of-the-cabo

Close up of morning dew on green bamboo Phyllostachys leaves near the Matalenas beach Santander Cantabria Spain - Image ID: 2CFAT78close-up-of-morning-dew-on-green-bamboo-

Man walking and playing with a black dog on the Molinucos beach Santander Cantabria Spain Image ID: 2CFANRM

man-walking-and-playing-with-a-black-dog

Early morning fishing for Grey triggerfish Balistes capriscus with rod and line in the bay of Santander Cantabria Spain - Image ID: 2C6A1G5

early-morning-fishing-for-grey-triggerfi

A male street cleaner carrying a brush and bag walking in early morning sun seen from behind Santander Cantabria Spain - Image ID: 2JG45J3a-male-street-cleaner-carrying-a-brush-a

Early morning sunny view along a stone jetty looking towards the beach Santander Cantabria Spain - Image ID: 2JG45H9

early-morning-sunny-view-along-a-stone-j

Beach view through an arch in a stone jetty with a calm sea and small waves Santander Cantabria Spain on a sunny summer morning - Image ID: 2JG45EA

beach-view-through-an-arch-in-a-stone-je

Fishing with rod and line from the bay side sea wall in Santander Cantabria Spain - Image ID: 2C6FD15

fishing-with-rod-and-line-from-the-bay-s

Two fishermen looking down Early morning fishing with rod and line in the bay of Santander Cantabria Spain - Image ID: 2C6A1KE

two-fishermen-looking-down-early-morning

White Agapanthus africanus in sun with green foliage past their best with wilting flower heads in August Santander Cantabria Spain - Image ID: 2CAH1H1

white-agapanthus-africanus-in-sun-with-g

• Like 2

I definitely am a morning person (currently getting up at 4am each day for no reason) and love heat. As such, I have been fortunate to see many sunrises in all sorts of locations. So here are my offerings.

2H7BHA8 - Atmospheric sunrise over Lake Ballard, Western Australia, WA, Australia

2H7BHA8.jpg

MNK351 - Sunrise at Devil's Marbles, Northern Territory, Australia

MNK351.jpg

2B193K5 - View of the Australian Outback in the golden morning light at Chambers Pillar, Northern Territory, NT, Australia

2B193K5.jpg

2WA90A7 - Sun on the horizon and mackerel sky at sunrise over remote Koorkoordine salt lake, Southern Cross, Western Australia, WA, Australia

2WA90A7.jpg

HN0A8C - Railway bridge over the Interconnection Channel at Menindee Lakes lookout, New South Wales, Australia

HN0A8C.jpg

2DA94FF - View of a lone tree under a pink sky at dawn in the Outback, Queensland, QLD, Australia

2DA94FF.jpg

M62BCH - Dramatic fiery sunrise at Palm Cove Beach, Cairns Northern Beaches, Far North Queensland, FNQ, QLD, Australia

M62BCH.jpg

2K5YD5M - Fiery sky at sunrise in the Australian Outback, Northern Territory, NT, Australia

2K5YD5M.jpg

2F6GGT3 - Atmospheric view of Carmila Beach at sunrise with ripples in the sand and a pink sky, near Sarina, Queensland, QLD, Australia

2F6GGT3.jpg

2G6C469 - Person sat on a chair contemplating the sunrise on the beach, Pender Bay Escape, Dampier Peninsula, Western Australia, WA, Australia

2G6C469.jpg

2M9CBMX - Scenic tropical sunrise with a hammock and palm trees at popular Ellis Beach, Cairns Northern Beaches, Far North Queensland, FNQ, Australia

2M9CBMX.jpg

M62BDJ - Outline of two fishermen in their kayak at sunrise at Palm Cove Beach, Cairns Northern Beaches, Far North Queensland, FNQ, QLD, Australia

M62BDJ.jpg

2M9CBX0 - Scenic view of pink sky during a spectacular sunrise over popular Ellis Beach, Cairns Northern Beaches, Far North Queensland, FNQ, Australia

2M9CBX0.jpg

R67H7F - Couple silhouetted in front of a sunrise at Noah Beach, Daintree National Park, Far North Queensland, FNQ, QLD, Australia

R67H7F.jpg

H6A34D - View of Camel Rock at sunrise, a famous landmark of Bermagui, Sapphire Coast, South Coast, New South Wales, NSW, Australia

H6A34D.jpg

H6427K - View of iconic Australia Rock at sunrise, Narooma, New South Wales, NSW, Australia

H6427K.jpg

2XC7PYT - Dramatic sunrise with a pink sky at Carmila Beach, Queensland, QLD, Australia

2XC7PYT.jpg

2DYADWP - Spectacular sunrise on the beach at Poona, Fraser Coast Region, Queensland, QLD, Australia

2DYADWP.jpg

FPBEM9 - Sunrise over Lake Gairdner, South Australia, SA, Australia

FPBEM9.jpg

2G6C3RY - Pastel colours and glowing red Pindan cliffs on the beach over Pender Bay Escape, Dampier Peninsula, Western Australia, WA, Australia

2G6C3RY.jpg

2JCBJC6 - Huge red sun with birds flying past at sunrise, Fogg Dam, Northern Territory, NT, Australia

2JCBJC6.jpg

2T4WBHH - Atmospheric sunrise over discarded machinery at the Twenty Mile Sandy Creek old goldmine in the goldfields, Skull Springs Road, Pilbara, Western Australia

2T4WBHH.jpg

M0G38D - Atmospheric sunrise over primary rainforest canopy, Danum Valley, Borneo, Sabah, Malaysia

M0G38D.jpg

2F6N827 - Two male Agile Wallabies (Macropus agilis) fighting at sunrise on the beach, Cape Hillsborough, Queensland, QLD, Australia

2F6N827.jpg

2M9CBW4 - Scenic view of Ellis Beach at sunrise with pink cloud formations, Cairns Northern Beaches, Far North Queensland, FNQ, Australia

2M9CBW4.jpg

G0G439 - Fisherman rock fishing at Turimetta Beach at Sunrise, Sydney Northern Beaches, New South Wales, Australia

G0G439.jpg

JY46RX - Aerial roots of a mangrove tree at sunrise, Cape Tribulation, Daintree National Park, Far North Queensland, FNQ, QLD, Australia

JY46RX.jpg

W8WNDM - Atmospheric sunrise at Yorkey's Knob, Cairns Northern Beaches, Far North Queensland, FNQ, QLD, Australia

W8WNDM.jpg

2RAC1ND - Brunette Downs racecourse at sunrise, used at the ABC Bush races traditional Outback event, Northern Territory, NT, Australia

2RAC1ND.jpg

2EK0HG7 - Silhouette of a kangaroo against a red sky at sunrise, Miara, Queensland, QLD, Australia

2EK0HG7.jpg

2F6N821 - Silhouettes of Kangaroos feeding on the beach at sunrise, Cape Hillsborough, Queensland, QLD, Australia

2F6N821.jpg

FK3HK2 - Darter (Anhinga melanogaster) silhouetted at sunrise, Yellow Water Billabong, Kakadu National Park, Northern Territory, NT, Australia

FK3HK2.jpg

AR1B3B - Black swans at sunrise Cygnus atratus Denmark Western Australia

AR1B3B.jpg

C3FCXG - Fairy Long Horn Moth (Nemophora adelidae) on a flower covered in dew on a summer morning, France

C3FCXG.jpg

EJ6KDE - Chequered Bee Beetle (Trichodes apiarius), covered in dew on a summer morning, France

EJ6KDE.jpg

2A3KJGF - A mare and her foal in a field in the morning mist, Mareeba, Queensland, QLD, Australia

2A3KJGF.jpg

W8WP2G - People relaxing under palm trees on a sunny day at Rex Smeal Park, Port Douglas, Far North Queensland, FNQ, QLD, Australia

W8WP2G.jpg

2XC7R06 - Male camper sitting on a chair on the beach watching an atmospheric sunrise, Carmila Beach, Queensland, QLD, Australia

2XC7R06.jpg

GHA2C1 - Sunrise over Stack Island, Minnamurra, Illawarra Coast, New South Wales, NSW, Australia

GHA2C1.jpg

2A3KJ4N - A Toyota Coaster motorhome camped at sunrise in the bush with yellow hot air balloons flying overhead, Mareeba, Queensland, QLD, Australia

2A3KJ4N.jpgFK3H2X

FK3H2X - Sunrise Cruise, Yellow Water Billabong, Kakadu National Park, Northern Territory, NT, Australia

FK3H2X.jpg

2T5F4K3 - Fiery sunrise with a lone tree silhouette along the Canning Stock Route, Western Australia, Australia

2T5F4K3.jpg

FK3H4Y - Sunrise Cruise, Yellow Water Billabong, Kakadu National Park, Northern Territory, NT, Australia

FK3H4Y.jpg

A3R1WF - Sunrise on the river near Godalming River Wey - Surrey - UK

A3R1WF.jpg

2EK0HM0 - Moody view of a dinghy sailing past the rising sun in a red sky, Miara, Queensland, QLD, Australia

2EK0HM0.jpg

2R15KGJ - Unusual cloud formation at sunrise called Stratocumulus stratiformis undulatus radiatus, Home Valley Station, Kimberley Region, Western Australia

2R15KGJ.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, IKuzmin said:

I thought the major thing here was to show both, morning and summer, in images. I checked my, and found that most of my "morning indeed" images were taken not during summer. Than was curious to check Alamy's "Be inspired" on the top... and was not surprised to find that some of those images were taken not only in March and September but even as far from Summer as January (and in the Northern Hemisphere)... 🙂

So, just a few close to our Summer and showing a sort of morning...

An interesting twist is that one could argue that our Australian winter (right now) is more representative of what one would expect to see for a summer shot in the Northern hemisphere, as our summer is the rainy season with floods, cyclones, etc.

People in a pagoda, waiting for sunrise, Sanur, Bali, Indonesia
three-people-sitting-in-a-balinese-pagod

Pagoda at sunrise, Sanur Beach, Bali, Indonesia

balinese-pagoda-on-the-beach-at-sanur-ba

Eastern Grey Kangaroo warming in early morning light
eastern-grey-kangaroo-macropus-giganteus

Two Eastern Grey Kangaroos in silhouette, warming up in the early morning sun

two-kangaroos-silhouetted-against-the-ea

Jukung with fisherman, golden morning light, Bali, Indonesia
jukung-or-traditional-balinese-fishing-b

Diver with sunbeams, morning dive
male-scuba-diver-posing-in-an-underwater

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Spiders web in morning sun

spiders-web-in-morning-sun-2A1FB48.jpg

Early morning mist through tree arch, Cambridge

early-morning-mist-through-tree-arch-cam

Early morning Wightlink ferry approaching Yarmouth Isle of Wight Hampshire England 

early-morning-wightlink-ferry-approachin

Norton Grange hotel Isle of Wight Hampshire England

norton-grange-hotel-isle-of-wight-hampsh

Sloop sailing on Solent in early morning light Solent Isle of Wight Hampshire England 

sloop-sailing-on-solent-in-early-morning

Early morning Yarmouth harbour Isle of Wight Hampshire England

early-morning-yarmouth-harbour-isle-of-w

Hurst castle and lighthouse Keyhaven in morning light from Isle of Wight Hampshire England

hurst-castle-and-lighthouse-keyhaven-in-

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Early morning view from Muizenberg beach over the distant mountains and sea

2X8AWJN.jpg

dawn view from the beach over the ocean

2X8AWJG.jpg

Greater flamingo and reflection early summer morning on the lagoon in Cape Town, South Africa

2F1MJC3.jpg

• Like 1

P5FFCN Morning art class, Luxembourg Gardens, Paris 

group-of-artists-painting-outdoors-in-lu

2RD36NY Morning rainbow over Oban Bay, Scotland

rainbow-backed-by-storm-clouds-as-weathe

2RBXA0K Morning in Tobermory, Isle of Mull, Scotland

colourful-colorful-town-village-of-tober

2RBXA5A Morning in Tobermory, Isle of Mull, Scotland

colourful-colorful-town-village-of-tober

2R80KCM Isles of Bute and Arran, Scotland

lush-grass-rolling-hills-of-the-isle-of-

• Like 1

2C875JR

an-in-ground-sprinkler-system-watering-a

EW46RN ST. Croix USVI

sunrise-viewed-from-a-beach-resort-on-th

A868HR Monarch butterfly nectarin on an Althea flower

monarch-butterfly-danaus-plexippus-silho

AX9P1J Chipping Sparrow

chipping-sparrow-spizella-passerina-perc

B5H3GY

brilliant-orange-red-autumn-maple-leaves

AC1FNP Sun Dog phenomenon 
sun-dog-scientific-name-parhelion-a-weat

B423FG male house finch

a-male-house-finch-haemorhous-mexicanus-

DPGDYB St. Croix USVI

dawn-breaks-over-the-caribbean-on-sandca

EW46RY St. Croix USVI

a-motor-boat-anchored-off-shore-at-dawn-

2E903HY 

giant-redwoods-sequoia-sempervirens-in-h

BA4AMY a Willet

a-willet-catoptrophorus-semipalmatus-cal

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

2RBEEA1 Morning ferry from Oban to Mull, Scotland.

early-morning-calmac-ferry-isle-of-mull-

HY6WRF Morning light in Paris.

haussmann-building-against-a-blue-sky-4t

JABDWR Low tide, Roscoff, France

landscape-with-man-crossing-wet-beach-at

JABDW6 Sunrise, Roscoff, France

brilliant-red-and-blue-june-sunrise-look

• Like 1