The Contributor Survey..any thoughts?

I haven't looked at it yet but I'm hoping there will be room for suggestions. I am trying to think of things I want to suggest. Alamy treats me well. I would like a way to flag bad captioning. It doesn't help any of us if there are mis-identified animals, places, etc. Suzanne (LSP) very helpfully corrected me recently and it resulted in adding a couple more images I have of the subject. When I see something badly identified I'd like to have a way to report it to Alamy. Any other thoughts?

Paulette

Edited by NYCat

• NYCat changed the title to The Contributor Survey..any thoughts?
9 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

Question 11. All of them.

I don't understand no matter how many times you say this. Perhaps I should have looked??? I am afraid of opening it until I'm ready to give answers because I have found myself locked into surveys online.

Paulette

5 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I don't seem to have gotten the email either.

I also don't see the link... 😕

John , click on the blue text above Stock photography discussion and contributor experience. Its the first entry

Edited by StokeCreative

46 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I don't understand no matter how many times you say this. Perhaps I should have looked??? I am afraid of opening it until I'm ready to give answers because I have found myself locked into surveys online.

Paulette

It's not too long of a survey.  Some can get to be WAY too much.

55 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Paulette

Fair enough.

Q11 If you are unsatisfied with the your commision rate what is the main reason for this?

• Because I have not had enough sales to reach the better commission rate.
  • Because the licence prices are too low.
  • Because the percentage commision split is unfair.

I can't really differentiate between these three. Alamy need to address all of them, allthough they have little control over the middle one.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

Fair enough.

Q11 If you are unsatisfied with the your commision rate what is the main reason for this?

• Because I have not had enough sales to reach the better commission rate.
  • Because the licence prices are too low.
  • Because the percentage commision split is unfair.

I can't really differentiate between these three. Alamy need to address all of them, allthough they have little control over the middle one.

Thank you.

Paulette

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

I've filled in the survey. There was a question where they ask if there is another feature you would like to add.

Thank you. I think I'll sleep on it in case I get a bright idea in the middle of the night. Then I will wade in when I have my wits about me. I had one survey from SloanKettering that wouldn't let me move off a page no matter what I answered and then they kept sending emails asking me to finish. So frustrating.

Paulette

3 hours ago, NYCat said:

I haven't looked at it yet but I'm hoping there will be room for suggestions. I am trying to think of things I want to suggest. Alamy treats me well. I would like a way to flag bad captioning. It doesn't help any of us if there are mis-identified animals, places, etc. Suzanne (LSP) very helpfully corrected me recently and it resulted in adding a couple more images I have of the subject. When I see something badly identified I'd like to have a way to report it to Alamy. Any other thoughts?

I've often griped about the terrible wildlife IDs and captions of stock libraries including Alamy. While it's obnoxious to see dozens of misidentified pics - I'd personally not give Alamy the free labor of fact checking their image libraries. They already take 60% commission from most of us as is. Maybe if there was a system in place like: contributors who verify 1000 photos as accurate or incorrect a month get upgraded to the platinum commission split.  

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Maybe it's just my obtuse personality or common sense approach to things but I mentioned the very poorly designed website for buyers to figure out.  

My suggestion was to scrap it and start over with the ease of buying in mind.  It just seems confusing to me from the start.

Rick

• Like 4

As it suggested at the end I saved my form.

These were my suggestions:

The reports on sales and zooms are really good. What would be useful is the opposite: what image has never been licensed and what image gets no views or very few views. It would be a great help for contributors complaining about few or no sales too.

What is really annoying is the loss of the ability to view a page of results with the Alamyref numbers always visible and every image the same thumbnail size. It is still an option in lightboxes btw like in https://www.alamy.com/search/lightbox/5254583.html. It's the two tiny icons in the upper right hand corner. Long time clients and image researchers that had gotten used to copy/pasting the ref numbers into their own work documents or ordering system must have felt lost also. It would be an easy fix: just bring it back on every page with search results.

You probably know that the *Customer search activity - All of Alamy* currently does not allow clicking on any of the columns and that this has been the case for quite a while. Which is a pity because it is a unique and valuable tool.

But I totally forgot to ask for a tool to report wrong captions and keywords.

wim

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

what image has never been licensed and what image gets no views or very few views.

WimW

Although not exactly same, few years back
I asked IM for a list of my decade+ old images
that had never zoomed nor licensed so I could
consider deleting them from collection.
They told me never-zoomed data didn't exist...

Historical zoomed data exists in Measures
but it would be overwhelming task to match
it to file names & reveal unzoomed...?
Zoomed data goes back to 2012 IIRC...
Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg

2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

As it suggested at the end I saved my form.

These were my suggestions:

The reports on sales and zooms are really good. What would be useful is the opposite: what image has never been licensed and what image gets no views or very few views. It would be a great help for contributors complaining about few or no sales too.

What is really annoying is the loss of the ability to view a page of results with the Alamyref numbers always visible and every image the same thumbnail size. It is still an option in lightboxes btw like in https://www.alamy.com/search/lightbox/5254583.html. It's the two tiny icons in the upper right hand corner. Long time clients and image researchers that had gotten used to copy/pasting the ref numbers into their own work documents or ordering system must have felt lost also. It would be an easy fix: just bring it back on every page with search results.

You probably know that the *Customer search activity - All of Alamy* currently does not allow clicking on any of the columns and that this has been the case for quite a while. Which is a pity because it is a unique and valuable tool.

But I totally forgot to ask for a tool to report wrong captions and keywords.

wim

This has reminded me that I'd like to see the net amount I am receiving in the Account Balance listing, as well as the gross amount and deductions.

Paulette

• Like 2