Quality Control delayed or first fail?

Also still waiting from 20th December..... seems like submissions from that particular day may be having problems, maybe a record number of submissions or technical glitch.

Knock, knock, Alamy... do you know anything about it? It happend few times before...

Mines are also waiting from Dec 20, 25 and 29. Sent an email to them yesterday, asking what's wrong there, why such delays. No answer yet. 

Alamy blog: " We're taking some time out to recharge our batteries over the holidays, so QC will take longer than usual between 21st December and 9th January.

Turnaround time will be back to normal by Monday 13th January. "

Joe

If mine don't pass this morning they won't be on sale for another 10 days as I'm going away this afternoon.  Been waiting since 20th Dec.  Seems unfair that some uploaded more recently are going through quickly.

Pearl

I enquired yesterday about QC.

This was Alamy's reply:

"Hello Kathy

The current delay in QC is due to the festive holidays. Turnaround time will be back to normal by Monday 13th January. More information is available in our blog: http://www.alamy.com/Blog/contributor/archive/2013/12/12/5570.aspx"

Kathy deWitt/Alamy:  http://tinyurl.com/n9djvmr

If mine don't pass this morning they won't be on sale for another 10 days as I'm going away this afternoon.  Been waiting since 20th Dec.  Seems unfair that some uploaded more recently are going through quickly.

And that's what I'm talking about :|

I think I get their point of view - "we've already inconvenienced x submitters - lets not upset any more". It's probably good management...

To be fair I did suspect my upload might not get looked at for a while but the pictures were ready.

John

Good my 30th Dec submission might be next in line now! :) John

Oi! My submission was before yours on the 24th so mine should be before yours. :P

Allan

Submissions will find themselves in one of several queues. As in a supermarket, if you find yourself in a slower queue, folk who joined after you (but who are in a faster queue) can be served before you. Same here . . . except that unlike the supermarket, here you can't chop and change the queue you're in.

My advice? Do something else, and check again in a few days :-)

dd

What about ladies first? 20-th still waiting here ;)

Appologies Arletta of course ladies go first. You may go before me in the queue. :)

Allan

My advice? Do something else, and check again in a few days :-)

Sorry, but my camera is part of my hand, never away ;) Every day my next (ready to) upload batch is getting bigger and bigger :P

arterra, lol :D

Archived