Quality Control delayed or first fail?

My advice? Do something else, and check again in a few days :-)

Sorry, but my camera is part of my hand, never away ;) Every day my next (ready to) upload batch is getting bigger and bigger :P

arterra, lol :D

I now upload in smaller batches so that for those customers who search the "New Images" button regularly see my images in there more often. So Arletta May I suggest you do not upload too big a batch and split it into smaller batches, whatever you are comfortable with, over a longer period. The other alternative is to upload a large batch but only complete keywording a few at a time to the ready over a few days. Same result.

Others will probably disagree but I would be interested to see their comments.

Allan

Allan, my batches was always about 5-20 images. Like you do, I preffer small batches, but since 20-th Dec. it got a lot of waiting and growing... I have a lot of old photos which should be uploaded long time ago. In last 2 weeks I was preparing old images and taking new (news mostly). This way I have what to upload and really would like to close this part and start new - travel around country and get new photos ;)

So, this is one time that I want to upload more in batch... and I'm stuck :P

Edit.

Thanks Alamy for review! I'm not stuck now :P

Personally, I'm going to wait for the battery-charging period to officially end (next week, I believe) before uploading anything new. However, it seems to me that this has happened before -- i.e. after a slowdown newer submissions often clear before older ones. The newer ones might  just go into a fresh, faster moving queue (?).

There is an inevitable delay after bank holidays and particularly Christmas. Virtually everything, including Alamy shuts down for two weeks, it then takes a month of shovelling coal into the boilers in order to get enough steam up to get things cranked up again.

Give it a week or so and things will be back to what passes as normal.

5 submissions waiting, oldest from Dec. 22nd to one yesterday. Still waiting..... ;)

Are you sure, it's safe?

As I understand, we shouldn't upload next batch until first is reviewed? If 1 batch is rejected (I don't wish you that) then all batches are rejected and you're blocked for half of year, right? Tell me I'm wrong and there was no need waiting with next uploads :)

5 submissions waiting, oldest from Dec. 22nd to one yesterday. Still waiting..... ;)

Are you sure, it's safe?

As I understand, we shouldn't upload next batch until first is reviewed? If 1 batch is rejected (I don't wish you that) then all batches are rejected and you're blocked for half of year, right? Tell me I'm wrong and there was no need waiting with next uploads :)

Are you sure, it's safe?

Personally, I would wait until your current images have passed QC before uploading anything new. It's never 100% safe IME. Good luck.

Yes, if your first batch is rejected the others will be too but you can upload them again if you are sure they don't suffer from any imperfections. They don't actually ban you for long periods of time unless you are very, very bad and keep submitting images with flaws.

Paulette

Are you sure, it's safe?

NO NO NO . . . you will not be "blocked for half of year" . . .

if one batch fails, all waiting batches fail . . . but that's all . . . some of us don't worry about the "risk" of having to re-upload any batch that might be thus failed, some do worry. Me, I often have multiple uploads waiting clearance, and if one ever did fail and the others were also failed, I'd just re-upload. Not the end of the world imo, but others will disagree of course :-)

But again, you will NOT be blocked for half a year.

dd

I sure hope it's just a delay and not a failure (haven't had one in many years) but I see no reason to wait to upload. The only real risk is "time wasted" for the actual uploads but since the uploads don't take any effort on my part...I don't see any problem with uploading while waiting especially in light of the blog post alerting of the delay. And I have not heard of any "blocking" that alamy would do should one have a failed submission.

If you stop uploading, while waiting for QC, you are wasting time. If your batch passes, now you have to wait again, until your next upload passes. If your batch fails, simply upload the "good" images again.

Also still waiting on six batches, going back to the 27th !!

Not had a fail in over four years....but....but.... !

"The better your QC history the shorter the time you will have to wait"  Hmmmm !!!!!!

Hope the Saturday club is back in full swing !!!

Thank you also Alamy for January pay out !

Waiting a couple of days now,  

From my experiences over many years with Alamy i would have to believe that another fail has been logged.

If this is the case, the advantage will be to others,  therefore i am not so worried about another month in the QC lock up.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Paul.

Just received notification from Mr Alamy that my December 24th upload has passed QC. YEAAAHHHH! :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Not quite made it to the Saturday club but better than a fail.

Allan

What happens if you have two fails in a row? I have heard at some point Alamy puts you on a back burner for six months.  I included some older images with a new batch (same subject). These images sold to numerous online and print publications just a few months ago and looked fine to me. But one of the older images failed. So I deleted it and resubmitted the rest. That was Dec. 11, which I assume is too far back to be caught up in the holiday delay. So I assume I will have a second fail.  I wish they would let you know if more are unacceptable. At this point, I don't feel comfortable submitting any of those older images even though when I originally shot this subject, many went up on the Alamy site w/o a problem. But that was 2007 and today I think it's a matter of trying to cull as much as possible to keep the welter of submissions down to a manageable level.

OK! I am the ultimate Newbie here.  I recently joined and had my first 4 images pass QC.  Then on December 25th uploaded 8 additional images.  Like many of you there was no news on the Holiday Upload for a long time. I was really worried that the delay meant my newer images did not pass QC.  I kept looking at my images trying to find reasons to fail, but I just couldn't see anything wrong.  After reading this thread I began to think I might have passed and the delay was just "Holiday" delay.  Well I am proud to say that all images did pass and the delay was just the Alamy staff getting caught up.  Thanks Alamy,  We all do understand you need a break.  Now I feel like I am really part of the community as my images have passed more than the first test submission.  Now to keyword etc.

Archived