How was June 2023?

52 minutes ago, shearwater said:

2 licenses for $45.

After a disastrous Jul to Jul year…I haven't reached the $250 threshold (for about $33, just a good editorial sale would have done it)...and I have just fallen to Silver commission model…so 80/20 for future licenses.

Something has changed in Alamy in the last year that affected my sales a lot. Very disappointed and unfortunately I think it doesn't deserves the effort anymore :(

Sorry to hear you have dropped to the 80/20 split. Hope you make the required $250 sales soon to get back onto the 60/40 step.

Allan

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StokeCreative said:

spooky...been watching your retirement videos on YouTube, and also recently back from Albufeira....didnt  realise you were on here!

It’s a small world, thanks for watching our YouTube videos, my Wife and I started a YouTube channel as stock photography and stock video started declining in value. Hope you enjoyed the Algarve.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nick Hatton said:

I had the thought that if I was close to silver at the cut of point it could be worth getting friends or family to buy a few pics for PU? you would have to foot the bill of course 

Yes, I thought about it, but I finally decided it didn't deserve the hassle for just earning around $15-20 of future fees. 
I just waited until the last moment, because I have a handful of open infringements and hoped that one of those could have saved me at the end.
Never mind, the real loss is $50 until I recover the Gold level. That is the actual difference between both models when you reach $250 in sales.
Thank you for your comment!

19 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Sorry to hear you have dropped to the 80/20 split. Hope you make the required $250 sales soon to get back onto the 60/40 step.

Allan

Thank you very much, Allan.

I reckon that you are doing very well this year. You have been working hard, so very well deserved! :) 

• Thanks 1

I didn't have any more licenses, but did have two zooms on the Nicaraguan deaf kids, and will be getting a payout because an earlier deaf kids signing photo licensee paid up.  Going through older photos and putting up some appropriately sized scans (and wish I'd kept the Leica IIIf with the 50mm f/2 Summitar).

> John Mitchell said:
> The portly lady is still singing...

oh Johnny now ye've done it for sure;
expect lawsuits worldwide coming your way
on a song and a prayer for your $$$ from
voluminous vocalists...
=====
contributor dashboard chart says:
$3791 gross, dead-on average, it is, mates 😑
must be ~$1700 net...???
127 sales ties highest 11-rolling months,
BUT SO WHAT CHUMS...

AFAICT, all are reporting gross which hides net...?
Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Rebecca Ore said:

I didn't have any more licenses, but did have two zooms on the Nicaraguan deaf kids, and will be getting a payout because an earlier deaf kids signing photo licensee paid up.  Going through older photos and putting up some appropriately sized scans (and wish I'd kept the Leica IIIf with the 50mm f/2 Summitar).

I loved the Leica IIIf came close to buying a used one twenty years ago, a lovely camera.

• Like 1

80 sales for gross $1767, net $700. 

4 x $$$ sales, best $346; 2 refunds.

Numbers of zooms continues to fall, this month 104 with a falling CTR of 0.63 - Since January zooms have continually fallen from 169 to 104/mth; Views from 19327 to 16635 and CTR from 0.87 to 0.63. Sales however have been maintained as has income. Not sure what this means from the future POV.

Comparing the first 6 mths of 2023 with the same period in 2022, 

Views: 2022: 164431.  2023:  106287. (down 35%)

Zooms: 2022: 1087.   2023: 828.  (down 24%)

Sales:  2022: 393.      2023: 408.  (up 3.8%)

Gross income:  2022: $7180.  2023: $10,246.  (up 43%)

Gratifying to see the increase in income and sale numbers but puzzling re. the reductions in views, zooms and CTR. This either means that my sales numbers and income is going to substantially reduce over the next few months due to the reducing views/zooms; OR, more likely, Alamy has substantially changed its' ways of searching, or reporting in measures for views/zooms.

Not in Novel use; only distribution is USA and Japan

Kumar

• Love 2
  • Like 4

On 01/07/2023 at 11:57, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
> John Mitchell said:
> The portly lady is still singing...

oh Johnny now ye've done it for sure;
expect lawsuits worldwide coming your way
on a song and a prayer for your $$$ from
voluminous vocalists...
=====

I do have a few other options up my sleeve if the legal hounds are let loose upon me --  full-figured, pleasantly plump, stout, substantial, and, of course, Rubenesque. 🙊

• Thanks 1

One of my best months on Alamy. 6 for $413 ( 2 x $$$, 1 x $$, 3 x $ ). Pushed my total gross earnings up to the point where I only need $80 in the next 6 months to achieve my best ever year.

• Love 1
  • Like 4

4 for $147.21 

full range of prices from $, $$, $$$

These days, I'd say it's a good month for me

CTR was at 1.39 with a handful of images zoomed for certain searches, not just one, so hoping it bodes well for July. We'll see. 

Edited by Marianne
  • Love 2

On 02/07/2023 at 02:10, shearwater said:

2 licenses for $45.

After a disastrous Jul to Jul year…I haven't reached the $250 threshold (for about $33, just a good editorial sale would have done it)...and I have just fallen to Silver commission model…so 80/20 for future licenses.

Something has changed in Alamy in the last year that affected my sales a lot. Very disappointed and unfortunately I think it doesn't deserves the effort anymore :(

Well i feel your disappointment too shearwater...as i too have dropped to the Silver Commission 80/20 split...I just got a good sale for $49 the first July sale, and Bam! there goes 80% of the sale to Alamy. Yeah they took the gold and i got the silver...I have been working hard to upload more images and variety, but the poor prices on sales do not help..so pedal, pedal, pedal faster to stand still....maybe things will improve and i can get back to gold....Yeah my loss is Alamy's gain..

9 hours ago, William Caram said:

Well i feel your disappointment too shearwater...as i too have dropped to the Silver Commission 80/20 split...I just got a good sale for $49 the first July sale, and Bam! there goes 80% of the sale to Alamy. Yeah they took the gold and i got the silver...I have been working hard to upload more images and variety, but the poor prices on sales do not help..so pedal, pedal, pedal faster to stand still....maybe things will improve and i can get back to gold....Yeah my loss is Alamy's gain..

Sorry to hear that you dropped to the 80/20 split too, William. 

At least, we previously know what the looses are…around $50. It is a pain in the a… but hopefully you (and me) will return with our colleagues to the “not so good too” 60/40 split soon enough. You have great images and in good number…best of luck and don’t give up! 

• Love 1

7 hours ago, shearwater said:

Sorry to hear that you dropped to the 80/20 split too, William. 

At least, we previously know what the looses are…around $50. It is a pain in the a… but hopefully you (and me) will return with our colleagues to the “not so good too” 60/40 split soon enough. You have great images and in good number…best of luck and don’t give up! 

Thank you shearwater for your kind words, you also have great images and variety especially your underwater images...I feel like i want to cut loose and say what i really feel about this exploitative commission structure..but that will get me nowhere, so i will see if my effort in adding more images will return me eventually to the 60/40 split.

All the best to you too shearwater....we soldier on 😀

• Thanks 1

Good to see lots of people having one of their best months ever with Alamy.

My figures are down for my average with sales at 11, revenue was $380, which is my fourth highest in the last 12 months.

Lowest $0.50, highest $100.00. I didn't have any $9.66 UK magazine licences.

Did have a refund which was resold for exactly the same price.

Sales at halfway stage, 42% of 2022 figures and revenues at 44%.

John.

ps just had a $132.82 television sale!

• Love 1
  • Like 1